What's the most you've ever been dissapointed by a game?

silverbullet1989

Jun 7, 2009
kman123 said:
Bad Company 2. Really. Not being a dick here.
can agree, whilst the mp was okay, the single player was just too serious compared to bc1 where it was funny and about searching for gold, the 2nd one just thought, meh lets go the typical russian invading america route, thts popular at the moment -_-

mikey7339

Jun 15, 2011
Final Fantasy 8. After waiting since FF7 I was all kinds of excited when I finally got FF8 in my hands. After a few hours of play, that excitement turned to the sad realization that the series had hit its pinnacle at 7 and was on it's way down, fast and hard, with that game.

Pandaman1911

Fuzzy Cuddle Beast
Jan 3, 2011
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun. I was really into WWII games when this came out, namely the Medal of Honor: Allied Assault War Chest. It was my first WWII game for the XBox, and I was just thrilled when I got this game.

...and then I played it. Gameplay was stiff and lifeless, the guns sounded like they were spitting wads of rolled up paper instead of bullets, the AI was worse than ME, and I had the reaction time of a 12-year-old. The music was god-awful, which is just sad, seeing as how the music in Medal of Honor games are awesome, usually. The plot was hammy and had a boatload of unnecessary elements, including a cliffhanger that never got resolved. Overall, just a huge damn disappointment. I remember beating the game, and just sitting there, all sad.

azazellee

Feb 22, 2010
I remember being very dissapointed by the ending of Super Mario Bros. 2 when I was a kid...

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
Splatterhouse. (the new one) Not because of the game itself. I had lot of fun with it. Not perfect but still pretty cool. Unfortantly Namco Japan didn't think so because they cut funding for the game at the last minute. too late to cancel the game outright, insead they halted any and all adviertisment and most bug testing. the result? almost no one heard that the game was out and its loaded with odd (but not game breaking) bugs, mostly audio related.

The game unsurprisingly has a cliffhanger ending but a DLC chapter was promised for valintines day 2011 that likely would have both wrapped up the events of the first game while hinting at a sequal. If you've played the first two splatterhouse games from way back you may be able to guess what that was. The DLC was also cancelled and most of the splatterhouse staff was fired.

Basically Namco of Japan has made sure that splatterhouse will likely never see another sequal. Which is a shame becasue this was an intresting and bloody little beat um up with an above average story and great soundtrack (if you like metal).

I've been looking forward to this game for awhile and while it was great playing the new one (bugs and all) i'm pissed that it was basically dead and buried before it was even released.

If you want more details then check out http://splatterhouse.kontek.net/ they've been keeping up to date info from when the game was anounced all the way up to after the game was released and what went wrong.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Crysis 2, the gameplay looked great in the trailers...
I then got the MP demo, it felt like a weird hybrid of Call of Duty and Halo, i was very dissapointed
I then got Crysis 2 for my birthday expecting a story and a open city that would keep me playing, I then found out that it was a linear base with half of the games objectives "Go find this guy that moves location EVERY TIME you get near him"
I then sold it for £30, more than it was worth

BiggyShackleton

Nov 15, 2008
Tenchu Z. I was hoping for the magic of Tenchu 1 & 2 on the PS to be translated onto the 360 with some HD graphics and general goodness. Instead I got the biggest pile of shit and thus disappointment I think I've ever experienced with a game.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Alone in the Dark Wii version. I was stupid enough to hop into the hype train like the trailers before it was release (and being stupid again for buying it before reading the reviews).

subjectseven

Aug 19, 2011
Final Fantasy X-2. I'm quite certain that I'll never have a more disappointing experience in my life. Even if there were notable positive features, I was expecting much more from a game of this series.

Another one to mention is DmC: Devil May Cry. Even if they've only released a trailer at this stage, are they really calling it 'Devil may Cry: Devil May Cry'? What's wrong with 'Devil May Cry 5'? Also, no one is content with the new Dante design. It all looks so underwhelming so far.

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
Hellgate London.

A post apocalyptic steampunkish setting F/TPS based in London after demons have taken over? With Diablo style looting, a wide variety of classes, randomised maps, bosses, repeatable quests, single and online play, LAN..... YES PLEASE!

Oh, completely unsupported Single Player, hugely buggy release, company shutting down.. and now sold to another company which gives us a poorly translated Korean MMO grinding version where they expect me to pay for content I already purchased.

Zenkem

May 3, 2009
Spore gets the second place, because BurnTime had an even more likable premise. A post-apocalyptic game centered more around survival than killing bandits and mutants. I really tried to like it, I really tried, but it just wasn't good.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
Command & Conquer 4. Death of a series. $80 for the 25 minutes I played it. No seconds of fun. It now props up my hard drive.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Hmmm...maybe Starcraft. The humour just didn't appeal to me, and you spent most of the human campaign fighting other humans. I want to fight zerg on orbital platforms.

[small](And no, not just saying this to troll a retyopy thread[/small])

ruben6f

Mar 8, 2011
Spore.
Bad Company 2.
Halo Reach.
Left 4 Dead 2.
GTA IV.
Age of Empires 3.
I am a little dissapointed with BF3 so far (the multiplayer).

Dec 27, 2010
MW2. My expectations were just way to high, I should have known that no game was worth staying up till midnight for and that the additions they were making to the MP were obviously going to f*ck up the carefully crafted balance of COD4. But in the end it was the single player that ruined it. Just explosion after explosion with only one decent sniper mission and a plot that made me want Soap, the main protagonist from COD4, to die on multiple occasions as opposed to making care about anything that was going.

Vrud

Mar 11, 2009
LiberalSquirrel said:
One second. Let me prepare for my fellow Escapists to be very, very angry at me.

...Okay, I think I'm ready.

I was really disappointed by Oblivion. I heard a lot of hype for it, both on this site and elsewhere. I'm a huge RPG fan. And so I went into Oblivion with happy feelings, hoping to find a new addiction.

I just couldn't get into it. The game sat on my shelf for 3 years (with the constant justification that "I'll get back to it," despite the fact that I quickly abandoned it every time I popped it back in) until I finally just sold it.

So... yeah. That.
This. This forever. Sweet Jesus was I anticipating that game :< I was a huge Morrowind fan, and kept up on the prerelease material for ages.