What's the story behind your avatar?

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
My avatar is Kakashi from Naruto as I'm a big fan of Naruto (both the manga and the anime series). I'll get around to making my own avatar, one day. Definitely not the most interesting answer, but it's an answer nevertheless.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I drew it on my own while working as a host at a hibachi restaurant. I would draw all sorts of stuff in the reservation books and eventually just took them home (once they were all filled in). I really liked the Chimera though and thought I may have well just use it.

Type 90

Jan 23, 2012
I'm a big ol' horror fan, and Fatal Frame 2 is my favourite horror game, balancing fun and pants shitting just perfectly. So due to a complete lack of originality I just used the cover of the game case....so yeah.

Plus it goes with my username, which I choose before the avatar.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
It's my dog, waiting for a cookie. I made him run across the house a few times for it because he's getting kind of fat.

Trooper924

Oct 20, 2011
I liked the design of the clone pilot from Episode II and thought it was fitting since my user name is "Trooper". It wasn't my first choice though. I wanted to use Fisitron from the Transformers comics but I couldn't find it in the right size.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
I play medic. Lots.

Also, how awesome is playing medic? Ubercharging scouts, that's my thing.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I'm an artist, I made a cartoon character based off my anger+nerd side and there he is ...with the ass of another character on him.

BRex21

Sep 24, 2010
Well... i found a picture of a kitty on icanhascheezeburger.com and thought, that kitty looks like bill from L4D so i photoshopped (by which i mean ms painted) pills hat and cigarette onto it and the BillCat was born.

NoOne852

The Friendly Neighborhood Nobody
Sep 12, 2011
My avatar is a model for a fountain in Minecraft I made. There was a group of about 5 of us building a huge underwater dome we name Atlantis. I was about 2 weeks late into the project so they already had the glass dome made and we were down to just carving out what was left of the inside of it (about half of the dome hit the floor of the ocean). Anyway, they wanted a center piece and my friend volunteered me saying that I am good with fountains. So I made that fountain, which I named Ocean's Beginning, on the surface using the correct dimensions so it would fit in the dome. The idea was that the top would hit the top of the dome where I would then remove the existing glass so the water would flow down it. Sadly, it never made it out of it's model form since the day after I made the fountain, it was griefed along with all of Atlantis. I recreated it on a single player map, but I don't think I will put it inside a dome. Draining underwater domes take along time and it would need to be quite large to fit this fountain in it.
This is a temporary fountain centerpiece I made inside Atlantis. The only picture I have of the city as I just found out. :/
An enlarged, uncropped version of my current avatar. We were debating on what block to use inplace of cobblestone, but I don't recall what we decided on.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
rhizhim said:
i don't have an avatar.
i just can't seem to care/find one/take the time to upload one.

is an avatar really that important to the community?
Very few of us really care if you don't have an avatar but it does make you less recognisable in threads since most people, myself including, recognise people primarily by avatar and then only by name if we know them better or see them more. If you've okay with that then good for you I guess but I won't pretend to understand why, is there really no image in existence that you would have represent yourself?

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
TopazFusion said:
Hmm . . . I've been asked about my avatar quite a bit since I chose this one.

Well, if anyone's wondering, it's from this old game . . .
[br]
That game series was the very first video game series I ever played.

So I guess, I chose this avatar for nostalgia reasons (and perhaps also because it's so recognisable. . . . [small]It is recognisable, right?[/small])
Yep I love that game