Whats the worst line/hammiest delivery youve encountered in a game?

InsertWittyName

Jun 25, 2009
HUBILUB said:
InsertWittyName said:
StarStruckStrumpets said:
InsertWittyName said:
In brutal legend, the last 30 mins or so of the game, it wasn't really a line as it was just "I MUST KILL TEH AELIENS, NO EDDIE, YOU ARE TEH AELIENS!!!! THEN EDDIE WER ZOMBIE." without the eddie wer zombie and aliens.
Erm, what?

OT: Devil May Cry anybody? The light scene?

"I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with LIGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHT!"

I actually replayed the game just to watch that cutscene again. Oh how hilarious.
What I meant was the plot twist near the end of the game.
How was that badly delivered?
Something just didn't really click into place for me with that scene.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Phoenix1213 said:
Aytasammich(theoriginal) said:
"A bomb!"-JCDenton.
Come on, you guys, that should have been first.
THIS.

Also, almost all the voice acting in any recent Bethesda game.
The voice acting in their games is pretty good in my opinion.

GodsAndFishes

Mar 22, 2009
Kilaknux said:
"To war"
Piss-poor line, piss-poor delivery, coming from a character who defintiely shouldn't have been given that line.
Miranda Keyes from Halo 3 I'm guessing?

James Cassidy

Dec 4, 2008
The one I can recall is one that was done on purpose.

"Nice Boson, why don't you give him S'MORE? Get it? I'm funny too you know."

Mikaze

Mar 23, 2008
JesterRaiin said:
"I fear no evil, for i am the death incarnate"
It's from one of DoW games. Man, i hate this line so much.
It's -supposed- to be (from the codex) "And they shall know no fear for they are fear incarnate". Because Marines are just that self-important.

manicfoot

Apr 16, 2008
Yudas said:
Raiden: It was never going to work out for me. It even rained the day I was born.
Solid Snake: You've got it all wrong. You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.

Vamp: how about it undying man? care to die too?
Raiden: I'm sorry but I can't die yet

Meryl Silverburgh: [to Johnny, during firefight] And I want a real wedding! With flowers... and a cake! It was my dream ever since I was a girl.

And a cake!!

Or actually just copy paste 3/4 of the dialogue from MGS4
The "lightning in the rain" bit made me cringe so much. MGS4 is king of bad dialogue. I find it harder to remember the good lines. The only bit I remember liking was Raiden saying "I have NO FAMILY... I... have NOTHING" - very well delivered.
I'd also like to nominate Wesker in RE5. "I can only spare 6 minutes to play with you.." or whatever he says :p

Yudas

Apr 30, 2009
manicfoot said:
Yudas said:
Raiden: It was never going to work out for me. It even rained the day I was born.
Solid Snake: You've got it all wrong. You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.

Vamp: how about it undying man? care to die too?
Raiden: I'm sorry but I can't die yet

Meryl Silverburgh: [to Johnny, during firefight] And I want a real wedding! With flowers... and a cake! It was my dream ever since I was a girl.

And a cake!!

Or actually just copy paste 3/4 of the dialogue from MGS4
The "lightning in the rain" bit made me cringe so much. MGS4 is king of bad dialogue. I find it harder to remember the good lines. The only bit I remember liking was Raiden saying "I have NO FAMILY... I... have NOTHING" - very well delivered.
I'd also like to nominate Wesker in RE5. "I can only spare 6 minutes to play with you.." or whatever he says :p
Yeah your right It does have some very good moments too. At the end of the game I really felt for the old guy. 'Snake had a hard life' might have been abit cliche but it fit.

Hohenheim

Oct 25, 2009
dr.pepper said:
The forced laughter in FFX. They did it so well It was bad
HARHARHARHARHAR!!

It was awful. Infact, almost as awful as the "withyunabymyside" line later on. I almost died from the delivery, never mind the actual line...

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
The laughter in FFX, the Japanese laughter sounds like crows dying.

Also, anything ever said by anyone is the game Zero Wing. So bad it made an iternet meme!

SomethingUnrelated

Aug 29, 2009
MiserableOldGit said:
For me its got to be "I live on, THROUGH THIS ARM!" In metal Gear Solid 2. A piss weak plot device laid horribly bare by a piss weak line. Vincent Price couldnt have done it better.
Yeah, this takes the cake. I groaned when I first heard it.

iJosh

Nov 21, 2007
InsertWittyName said:
In brutal legend, the last 30 mins or so of the game, it wasn't really a line as it was just "I MUST KILL TEH AELIENS, NO EDDIE, YOU ARE TEH AELIENS!!!! THEN EDDIE WER ZOMBIE." without the eddie wer zombie and aliens.
Erm, what?

I actually replayed the game just to watch that cutscene again. Oh how hilarious.
Seconded. Damn that line was so lame.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
Lieju said:
Pretty much every line in the original Resident evil game. You can tell the "actors"(I'm using the term loosely there) were reading straight from the paper.

"There are still many rooms in this mansion. That we can't get into. Because they are all locked up"
Oh my god yes! Absolutely brutal! My favorite was when Barry was giving Jill guns and she's like, what about you.... Barry lifts his magnum and yells "I have THIS!".... I can't find a clip of it online but it's hilarious!

EDIT: Yes!!!! At about 3:30!

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
"It's unthinkable! To act against the Empire?!"

Actually, there's kind of a reason I turned off the voice acting in Baten Kaitos as soon as I was able...

And I further cement my status as the only person who didn't find anything wrong with that scene...

Daniel Cygnus

Jan 19, 2009
TPiddy said:
Oh my god yes! Absolutely brutal! My favorite was when Barry was giving Jill guns and she's like, what about you.... Barry lifts his magnum and yells "I have THIS!".... I can't find a clip of it online but it's hilarious!
Even better from that scene: "It's very powerful, especially against living things."

Also, "the master of unlocking". Tee hee. RE5 has some cringe-worthy dialogue, too.