What's your alignment?

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
I got Lawful Good.

Which...considering the fact I tend to play Paladins and Clerics in D&D and tend to help my parties and guilds whenever possible, is no surprise. Heck...I've even given money to newbs from time to time.

BourneGamer

Mar 18, 2010
Neutral good, with a bit of a chaotic streak. I'll do what I believe to be right, without feeling any overriding desire to follow the laws to its strictest.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
Chaotic Good

A chaotic good character acts as his conscience directs him with little regard for what others expect of him. He makes his own way, but he?s kind and benevolent. He believes in goodness and right but has little use for laws and regulations. He hates it when people try to intimidate others and tell them what to do. He follows his own moral compass, which, although good, may not agree with that of society. Chaotic good is the best alignment you can be because it combines a good heart with a free spirit.

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
Neutral Good, makes sense, althoguh I always have been told I'm closer to Chaotic Good

TOGSolid

Jul 15, 2008
Chaotic Neutral

A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn?t strive to protect others? freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. The chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). The common phrase for chaotic neutral is "true chaotic." Remember that the chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom both from society?s restrictions and from a do-gooder?s zeal.
Neat, I've shifted from True Neutral to Chaotic Neutral over the years.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Not gonna take the quiz... I'm a DM, I already know myself well enough.

...that said, I teeter-totter back and forth between Chaotic Good and Chaotic Neutral.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Chaotic good, strange, I thought I would get Chaotic Neutral but oh well.

Tsunimo

Nov 19, 2009
Neutral...
Just Neutral...
I think its what I normally get anyway so whatever...

Jun 23, 2008
I'm Chaotic Good according to the test in the original link, but I would challenge many of the questions. I find it interesting how people still cling to what is all but a sacred cow in the D20 system. It's a model of morality that predates the Napoleonic Law [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Contract].

Our legal issues since the twentieth century have exceeded the simplistic standards such as loyalty to a king.I define my loyalty not to a ruler but to the flag that flies above him, hence, for example, I might not poison a benevolent king, but as a student open to the methods of warfare and subterfuge, I would poison a tyrant for the betterment of the country and its people.

A better structure for the contemporary era is being studied by MoralFoundations.org [http://faculty.virginia.edu/haidtlab/mft/index.php], which is a study that attempts to break down the fundamentals of the value systems we have today, and why there is such a divergence between groups, all of whom think their own value system is stronger good than those of others.

As for myself, I value the harm/care and fairness/reciprocity morals than I do the other three (ingroup/loyalty, authority/respect, purity/sanctity) but as a fringe non-conformist, I've found these latter values used against me by my own communities even though I am a basically good person. And the Bush era taught the US in certain terms that we cannot always trust the letter of the law to be right (e.g. when it directs torture against human beings, or willingly allows agencies or companies to invade the privacy of individuals).

The Bold Knights of Old rarely had to concern themselves with matters such as women's reproductive rights, the personhood of corporations, censorship of free speech, or (a current dilemma) the rights of artificially manufactured persons. And said knights typically did not do well in protecting the rights of fringe groups, whether religious schisms, alternative sexualities or practitioners of scientific observation that contested religious doctrine.

A good example of universal law, that is the rights and responsibilities we would endow to everyone were it possible, can be found in the Just War [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva_Convention].

ModReap

Gatekeeper
Apr 3, 2008
Huh, I usually think I'm neutral good, but I'm chaotic neutral (according to aforementioned quiz)