What's your controversial opinion?

boosh-boosh

Feb 9, 2011
King Toasty said:
Oh don't worry, I live in Canada and have free health care. Also, I finished my will.
Smart man. Now all you need is a pointy stick and a bomb shelter for when the Whovians come swarming.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
boosh-boosh said:
King Toasty said:
Oh don't worry, I live in Canada and have free health care. Also, I finished my will.
Smart man. Now all you need is a pointy stick and a bomb shelter for when the Whovians come swarming.
Oh god, Tom Baker is at my window. 0.0

tigermilk

Sep 4, 2010
My controversial opinion: Some Lolita/Hentai os produced for peodophiles and those who consume it are complicit in the subjugation of children and perpetuating abuse they have inflicted upon them as it is part of a normalising and rationalising process.

Perhaps no one will quote this, perhaps people will either way its my belief not something I have any desire to discuess with people who wnat to convince me they are not playing a role in the rationalisation of peodophillia.

Another one, society can not operate with "complete/absolute freedom of speech". Complete freedom of speech is the right of a newspaper owner to publish your name, address and photo on the front of a newspaper with the decleration you rape children.

Finally a huge amount of people with "definite answers" lack the critical faculties to engage with ideas.

SadakoMoose

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2009
Always take the moral high ground, by not killing anything unless you have to.
It's hard position to take sometimes, but I always take it.
And I think I'm a better person for doing so.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Your once and future Fanboy said:
well, im anti-religion to the point that i've argued with preist...in church! but i am against all things that hinder intelectual reason, religion just happens to be the biggest obsticle to common sense.

Im gonna get flamed for this, but i belive that everywhere the black and brown people have control over a larger populous than 50-100 people, it will most likely go to hell. Just look at South-Africa, Libya and in South-America. You have powerty, corruption, genocide, rape, child labor and a general miss-use of power. Just look at the case with Gadaffi if you don't belive me! And he isn't one in a million either.

I belive that white people have better inclanation to build and function in larger societies. Look at democracy, industry, the scientific method, philosophy, international laws of war and conflict, underground sewer systems, better adjusting to being a part of larger groups (something that wheren't normal for our early societies in Africa, we would be more likely to lash out violently when emotionaly and mentaly stressed because we wheren't designed to live like that).

It's not a coincidence!
So when it comes to that part of humanity, I belive there IS a "evolutionary" difference between the first man in Africa and the caucasian man up in the north.

Of course Im not saying that makes one supperior than the other, and I am not a rasist!
I repeat, I AM NOT A RASIST!
He said "controversial opinion", not your most mind-numbingly retarded one.

"It's not a coincidence!"

Maybe not, but not because of fucking skin colour. And do not assume that just because certain areas are in shit now means they always have been. Africa's problems meanwhile are caused by factors ranging from simple bad luck to the nature of the land they live on. Them being black has nothing to do with it.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
DarkenedWolfEye said:
JoJoDeathunter said:
Sorry to pick on you in particular but I've heard this opinion several times before and I don't mean this in a glib or offensive way but if you really believe that then why are you still alive?

Disclaimer: I'm not advocating that you or anyone-else commits suicide, as that would be terrible, but I'm curious as to how you justify your own continued existance if you believe that the whole human race should be extinct.
That is a worthwhile question, I suppose ...
Think of it this way: Does a person who started smoking but then became an anti-drug activist kill himself? No. True, I do believe that humanity really doesn't deserve to be here, but that doesn't mean I'm going to kill myself; I do still enjoy life, for the most part.
I can't control my species; if I had the choice, I wouldn't be human, but as it is I make do with what I've got. Killing myself isn't going to help anything.
But that comparison doesn't work, as an anti-drug activist doesn't believe that people should be dead, they believe that people shouldn't take drugs. A more apt comparison to you would be an anti-drug activist who still takes drugs anyway. Surely according to your beliefs less humans are better, so you shouldn't exist? If you personally enjoy being alive then isn't it hypocritical to want to deny others life?

Your once and future Fanboy

The Norwegian One
Feb 11, 2009
Woodsey said:
well, im anti-religion to the point that i've argued with preist...in church! but i am against all things that hinder intelectual reason, religion just happens to be the biggest obsticle to common sense.

Im gonna get flamed for this, but i belive that everywhere the black and brown people have control over a larger populous than 50-100 people, it will most likely go to hell. Just look at South-Africa, Libya and in South-America. You have powerty, corruption, genocide, rape, child labor and a general miss-use of power. Just look at the case with Gadaffi if you don't belive me! And he isn't one in a million either.

I belive that white people have better inclanation to build and function in larger societies. Look at democracy, industry, the scientific method, philosophy, international laws of war and conflict, underground sewer systems, better adjusting to being a part of larger groups (something that wheren't normal for our early societies in Africa, we would be more likely to lash out violently when emotionaly and mentaly stressed because we wheren't designed to live like that).

It's not a coincidence!
So when it comes to that part of humanity, I belive there IS a "evolutionary" difference between the first man in Africa and the caucasian man up in the north.

Of course Im not saying that makes one supperior than the other, and I am not a rasist!

Maybe not, but not because of fucking skin colour. And do not assume that just because certain areas are in shit now means they always have been. Africa's problems meanwhile are caused by factors ranging from simple bad luck to the nature of the land they live on. Them being black has nothing to do with it.
you are right, i agree, thats why i specified that the areas and countries where shit and the actions of that people in that region are whats the problem. im not saying that usa for example will become a chaotic mess if obama get a second term, or if another black person becomes president.

im just saying that the worst places in the world are in these areas where those races are in control and in these regions, but the history and culture of those countries are the problem. and they havent improved the world or the evolution of humans as a big, societal creatures with new ways of thinking like democrasy, or build up the rights of people and the induvidial.

If you want to disagre with that, go down to any African or islamistic country and say that you are gay!

you'll be beaten to death before you can think "oh fuck".

TheScientificIssole

Jun 9, 2011
ThePirateMan said:
TheScientificIssole said:
ThePirateMan said:
I think religionsIslam and Christianity should fuck right off the world. Without any religious people being hurt, except for maybe the Pope, islamists and whatever other people use religion for power and/or harm.
You act like all Muslims are terrorists.
Muslims and islamists are two completely different things. An islamist is, basicly, a person who wants Islam to have political power, many of them even see Islam as a sort of political system in itself and the sharia law is something that most islamists promote. Quite simply put, an islamist is a supporter of islamic fundamentalism. A muslim is simply a member/follower/whatever of the faith Islam.
Thank you for that. Sorry if I seemed like an ignorant jerk-off.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
JoJoDeathunter said:
The Incredible Bulk said:
That the vast majority of the people on this fucking website are A) pricks B) liberal pricks C) conservative pricks D) complete dumbass shitholes or E) most or all of the above. Seriously though, what the fuck is wrong with you all? It's like they dumped all the morons and doey-eyed naive twats in the world into one stupid as fuck website. I'm getting banned for this, of course, thus...so long and thanks for all the fish...

Fucktard twatsuckers.
My controversial (or maybe not) opinion is that all rage-quitters are attention-seekers who try to gain a tiny bit of self-importance by rejecting a community in the most vocal way possible. Believe it or not, we Escapists can survive without the glorious and intelligent input of the Incredible Bulk.
Somehow I don't see that as being too controversial, I must say I'm worried by the fact that the rage quitter was The Incredible Bulk, if he is anything like the Hulk we should all beware.

Zacharious-khan

Mar 29, 2011
West burrow Baptist people should be allowed to do their thing. Freedom of speech and protest are ideals that should be upheld no matter the circumstances that's how ideals work.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
Zacharious-khan said:
West burrow Baptist people should be allowed to do their thing. Freedom of speech and protest are ideals that should be upheld no matter the circumstances that's how ideals work.
Well yeah, I agree, but at the same time I thought Darwin's law or the social contract would have taken care of them by now.

Actually, I watched a documentary about the family and it was sort of interesting, the people are completely brainwashed and a few of them did seem like decent people who were just saying hateful, ignorant stupid things. (And seemed to be all of those except truly hateful)

orangeban

Nov 27, 2009
Woodsey said:

It's not a coincidence!

you are right, i agree, thats why i specified that the areas and countries where shit and the actions of that people in that region are whats the problem. im not saying that usa for example will become a chaotic mess if obama get a second term, or if another black person becomes president.

im just saying that the worst places in the world are in these areas where those races are in control and in these regions, but the history and culture of those countries are the problem. and they havent improved the world or the evolution of humans as a big, societal creatures with new ways of thinking like democrasy, or build up the rights of people and the induvidial.

If you want to disagre with that, go down to any African or islamistic country and say that you are gay!

Wait, what's wrong with South Africa? Pretty sure you can say your gay there...

Also, try going to the deep south of America and saying your gay. And what about a lot of cruddy Eastern European countries? (cruddy as in developing) There mostly white and they're not doing so great.

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
Time is a myth. If matter can't be created or destroyed, only reshaped. then there can be no start or end to things. the universe has always existed and will always exist. its constantly shift and changing but its always there. The only reason we precive time as linear is because our consiousness only exists for a breif window before we die and are reshapped into somthing else.

to quote the doctor:

"Most people think of time as a series of linear events when in reality its more like a ball of...wibbley wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."

EvilEggCracker

Apr 2, 2011
I believe that paedophiles should be given rehab instead of draconian prison sentences. Actually, I believe that the justice system should focus on rehab, rather than retribution.

I think all drugs - including heroin, cocaine and every other drug you can think of - should be legalised. I think this would actually result in a decrease of addicts and therefore less crime.

I am wholly in favour of the EU becoming a single, super-state with a combined military, GDP and population - instead of the intra-national body it is now.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Every guy should go to at least one gay club in their lifetime.

Seriously, even if you're not into guys, they're fucking fun places. I have straight friends who go to them more often than normal clubs, cause they're so much more enjoyable.

DarkenedWolfEye

Jan 4, 2010
JoJoDeathunter said:
But that comparison doesn't work, as an anti-drug activist doesn't believe that people should be dead, they believe that people shouldn't take drugs. A more apt comparison to you would be an anti-drug activist who still takes drugs anyway. Surely according to your beliefs less humans are better, so you shouldn't exist? If you personally enjoy being alive then isn't it hypocritical to want to deny others life?
Okay, I do admit defeat on the bad comparison. You are right on that count.
But see, what you don't get is that a misanthrope doesn't necessarily expect everyone to kill themselves. Personally, I think human population ought to be more strictly controlled (as in, you should need a license to be a parent, and we shouldn't be allowed to have more than two kids), but that doesn't mean "EVERYBODY DIE OR YOU ARE A TERRIBLE PERSON!" Frankly, if we were responsible we would control ourselves better in all departments, not just in our staggering population problem. We HAVE technology that is environmentally friendly; the majority of humans just don't use it because the majority of humans scream and whine over the slightest bit of change (people STILL gripe about the 'new YouTube' even though it doesn't inconvenience them in the slightest) ... but I'm kind of going off on a tangent here.
My point is, living responsibly makes more of an impact than "I hate my species." *proceeds to hang self* Do you see what I'm getting at? The extinction of an entire species isn't much of a cause, due to the fact that you're not likely to succeed in your endeavors without resorting to sabotage of the food industry and widespread terrorism.

Your once and future Fanboy

The Norwegian One
Feb 11, 2009
orangeban said:
Woodsey said:

It's not a coincidence!

Wait, what's wrong with South Africa? Pretty sure you can say your gay there...

Also, try going to the deep south of America and saying your gay. And what about a lot of cruddy Eastern European countries? (cruddy as in developing) There mostly white and they're not doing so great.
i thought everybody saw the law they tried to make a month ago, where they wanted to execute gay people. Thats an entire nation, not just a group of local rednecks or klan members, but a nation.
the reason it didn't pass where the preassure from other nations and humanitarian groups.