What's Your Current Favorite Song?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Simple topic with a simple question: what's your current favorite song? Generally speaking, as we grow up our "favorite song" changes as we're exposed to new material and new songs. It's rare to find someone who can point back to a song from their past and say "That's my all-time favorite song." Not to say it doesn't happen, and if you happen to have a song like that in mind then feel free to post it!

The only rule for this topic is you can only post ONE song. Make a choice and pull the trigger: what is currently your favorite song?

Personally the song I can't get out of my head is this one:

To quote Carl from ATHF: "Frickin' awesome." :3

Edit:
Just as a reminder, the keyword in "you can only post ONE song" is, of course, ONE. Can't narrow down your choice to just one? Don't bother posting until you can. The point is to make you put some thought into it...really isn't that hard since I gave the easy-out of it being your current favorite song, not all time favorite song.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
<youtube=e-ORhEE9VVg>

Why? Because it's T-Swizzle, duh. Who doesn't love her?
Don't tell me. I don't wanna know.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I don't really know why. I don't really care for their old stuff but I am in love with POP EVIL right now. I listen to Onyx (their newest CD) probably once a day at least while I'm at work.

Now I can't quite choose my most favorite song on their so I'm cheating and choosing "The Onyx Trilogy". Basically, Pop Evil made three music videos that go together to tell a story. If I had to choose one, Trenches would be my song of choice here...

Song #3; starting at 12:40 in the trilogy video (although I would recommend giving it all a listen because I love the story that they weaved in there

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008

...Shut up. It's a great song okay.

I change favourite songs at an almost weekly rate, so it won't stay there.

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
I don't know, honestly.

I've been listening to a lot of operettas lately, so, I guess I'll just take one from there.

In which case, enjoy, "With Aspect Stern and Gloomy Stride." From Gilbert and Sullivan's "The Mikado".

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Marter said:
Why? Because it's T-Swizzle, duh. Who doesn't love her?
Don't tell me. I don't wanna know.
I hated T Swift. I hated her with the passion of...well...not that much but I really didn't like her or her "I'm 25 but I have nothing to sing about besides falling in and/or out of love like a 16 year old who watched one too many Disney films" whiny bullshit.

Now maybe she's fooling me but both the songs I've heard from her (Shake it Off and Blank Spaces) I've really liked BECAUSE she seems to kind of get how incredibly silly she's been. Maybe I'm just hearing what I want to hear but she seems to be actively mocking herself in both those songs and it makes me like her a LOT more because of it. I mean...not enough to buy her CD but I don't instantly change the channel anymore during my radio station flip around when she's on so....progress?

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Gahhhh, why only one song???

Why do you hate me so ;_;

After a few minutes of crying, I've narrowed it down to this one for this thread specifically

For now ;)

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
It'd be a toss up between these two quite different songs.

tilmoph

Gone Gonzo
Jun 11, 2013
Right now, it's a tie between Triarii- we are one and pegasus device (not a brony, but y'all have come up with some cool music).

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011

I need some new music, though. Or I need to go back to some old favorites to refresh myself, not sure.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
Currently, probably "Noudouteki Sanpunkan" by Tokyo Jihen.

I can't find the song itself on youtube (which is the case with a lot of Tokyo Jihen/Shiina Ringo stuff,) but I found the PV on another site:

http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/Tokyo-Jihen---Noudouteki-Sanpunkan/c15d3170aa4a99293760176bba102317

It's a short, groovy, simple yet perfect little tune that I can never got tired of.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
This song has been stuck in my head a lot lately:

However, the band's song Runaway Train remains my overall favorite song at pretty much all times:

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
PsychicTaco115 said:
Gahhhh, why only one song???
Because I'm getting tired of people making "What's your favorite (blank)" and having everyone posting a bunch of different stuff. Favorite means #1, at the top, you enjoy it above all others. However, as Mr Fixit proves...

Mr Fixit said:
It'd be a toss up between these two quite different songs.
There's three types of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't. :3

Just for the record: the keyword in "you can only post ONE song" is, of course, ONE. :p

Mezahmay

Dec 11, 2013
Despite going on a Tool kick for the last few weeks, my favorite song is still probably Forty Days by Streetlight Manifesto.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Right meow? Probably this song:

I just love this song, hell I love this whole fucking album. It hits me right in the feels.

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
Bathory's Shores in Flames. It's been my favourite song for years now and I doubt I'll see it change anytime soon. The word "epic" gets thrown around music quite a bit (especially in heavy metal), but this is a prime example of where the term fully lives up to its glory.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Mine hasn't changed in a loooong time!
Whenever someone askes for favorite song I always give them 2 songs, because 1) I can't choose between them and 2) they are two such different songs that deciding would jut be ridiculous anyways.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Hm... currently... and only one?

Very tough question. Depends on the mood and such. But if i say RIGHT NOW. It would be this (The whole show is pretty neat):

Found Devin through the involvement of Anneke (Sometimes the "Things you might like" really does find you neat stuff)
Just love the energy and fun. Great showman - some of his songs are pretty sweet and it seems he really LIKES to be there and play for his fans.

Aug 31, 2012
One I've got in my head currently is this old Delta9 tune. Was never released on vinyl so I missed it until I saw it on Youtube a week or so ago. No singing so I suppose it's not technically a song, but eh whatever.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I would have to say as of right now a trance re-mix of a Britney Spears song is my favorite one at the moment. It doesn't even sound like a pop song which is the awesome thing. Thomas Datt is an amazing Trance artist.