What's your default starting difficulty?

Kebabas McSauce

Mar 23, 2010
Hardest mode possible. Always. No exceptions. Unless I get horribly faceraped a lot, then I'll turn down the difficulty but that doesn't really happen often...

Gibboniser

Jan 9, 2011
Generally the one just under the hardest, it makes games last so much longer, without getting me frustrated.

Dchao

Apr 10, 2011
Normally normal for every game expect button mashers like God of War and Devil May Cry, those are my most favourite genre but I suck at them. I've just started DmC 3 and playing it on normal for a change, hopefully I'll get better at them that way. For FPS though it's always the hardest difficulty, because I'm just awesome at them.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I start it on the hardest setting and then turn it down if its too much. It makes games more challenging and also makes them last longer.

stormcrow5

Jul 9, 2008
Shooters i pick whatever the Hard option is just because it never is that hard, For outher games normal is what i go with most of the time

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
RPG and Strategy - Hardest The AI is usually terrible so I have to give them some advantage.

FPS and Action - Normal The AI is generally scripted better and can provide a challenge without being able to roflstomp you in one hit.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
It depends on the game and my mood so half of the time it's either easy or normal (I want a challange or take it easy).

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
I normally go with the default difficulty except if the default option is easy, why I take that as a challenge.

Cornish

Mar 19, 2010
Normal, in Co-op it's generally Hard, Harder or Hardest, because that's the best way to get in it fast and still be left with a bit of a challenge half way through.

Wardi Boi

Aug 8, 2011
I've started playing new games instantly on hard or very hard because I'm hardcore like that but it just makes it more challenging and when you go back and play it some other time on an easier setting, you feel like a bloody GOD stopping bullets from all direction using your face.

Also, you get more achievements that way... *sigh*

Lost Cause

Nov 18, 2009
Normal to get the story down, then higher if/when I feel like challenging myself to see how long I can go without wanting to hurl my controller through the TV screen.

weker

May 27, 2009
Normal if the game isnt working enjoyably on that then its the games fault

General Ken8

May 18, 2009
Normal, because I want to play the game and enjoy it, but not become too frustrated with a harder difficulty.
Unless it's Halo, then I'll play the highest difficulty.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
ilikedoom said:
Normal. I don't want to die but i like a challenge.
yeah, i always do that. mostly so if i get stuck i can turn the difficulty down.
i accidentally did infamous on hard though (the first one), since my friend had beaten it prior, and kept the difficulty on hard for his second play-through. i only found out when i couldn't get past the halfway point on the final boss battle

Genericjim101

Jan 7, 2011
I go for the sink or swim approach and try the hardest difficulty first. You either come out damn good or insane. Batman Arkham Asylum and God Of War were two games I did this with XD.