What's your favorite food? Bonus points if you're the only one who likes it.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Linksmash said:
lacktheknack said:
Calamari is the most wonderful thing.

Seriously. If I go to a restaurant, there are two options:

1. Calamari as an appetizer if they have it, or
2. No appetizer.
Have you tried chopitos? They are fried baby squid, kicks the shit out of calamares as far as squid to stomach delivery systems go.
NOTHING CAN BEAT CALAMARI.

Still, will try them if I find them.

Linksmash

Sep 9, 2013
lacktheknack said:
Linksmash said:
lacktheknack said:

2. No appetizer.
Have you tried chopitos? They are fried baby squid, kicks the shit out of calamares as far as squid to stomach delivery systems go.

They are also called chiperones. Spanish dish but i have seen them in the uk, leeds specifically. You will not be dissapointed.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Linksmash said:
lacktheknack said:
Linksmash said:
lacktheknack said:

2. No appetizer.

They are also called chiperones. Spanish dish but i have seen them in the uk, leeds specifically. You will not be dissapointed.
I'm Canadian. We have literally every food that was ever designed here.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
It would be a toss up between mussels and roast potatoes...kind of a weird duo. I wish I could eat mussels more often, technically I could, there's a dodgy Chinese down the road which does seafood chow mein, but it's not the best...

I'm not the most adventurous eater because I'm such a fussy bastard, but I'm very into trying more fish and the like.

Alcom1

Jun 19, 2013
Grilled kielbasa. Well, it's not grilled in the image, but that's the general idea.

Oct 12, 2011
Well, if the "foods you won't eat" thread was any indication: tomatoes. I LOVE me some good, ripe tomatoes.

I also periodically fry chicken (without batter) in Italian salad dressing instead of regular oil. If that's not really a practical option at any given moment, I will use it as a marinade instead.

Many many moons ago, when I was just a lad, I discovered that I liked peanut butter on some odd items. Balogne and peanut butter sandwiches, but also peanut butter on pancakes (no regular butter). Haven't had either in over 2 decades, but I remember them fondly. (Don't look at me like that!)

kurokotetsu

Proud Master
Sep 17, 2008
Hmmm favorite food? While PIzza would be the first thing I say, I'm not sure that is entirely true.

There is also a Mediterranean Shellfish-plate. I'm not that fond of crebs, so I prefere it to it's Atlantic cousin. Mussels, shrimp, lobster and more, boiled and grilled, with little seasoning. THere is one near Barcelona that is the king. It is something like this but far bigger:

There are alos real tacos. Not that BS that you find outside Mexico, especially in the US were they eat that thing that is between a "sope" and an "alambre". Real tacos, with hot habanero, red or green sauces. Favorites, steak, "chorizo" and "pastor" (cooked like kebab but pork):

While in Mexican food, "tamales" and "tortas" too. The latter is a sandwhich, but usually with more Mexican ingridients and "chipotle", a hot sauce. The former is difficult to expain. It is based of corn flour I think, and with "mole" and other Mexican dishes inside, to make a kind of "bread". You can mix both for a very filling breakfast:

In Japanese food, I love the standard sushi and the Dons, bowels of rice with different fried topping. Here is pork:

A big red steak, Argentinian cuts and American both. Big juicy, almost raw meat. "BIfes de lomo" and "de chorizo" are mouth watering. Anf while in Argentina, la provoleta, grilled provolone cheese with a little parsley I think:

And more things I'm not recalling now.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
There's a local Mexican fast food place here that makes Carne Asada French Fries. A bit pricey but damn is it tasty. I need to stop eating there. It's slowly making me fat....well, fatter....and poorer.

Atrocious Joystick

May 5, 2011
SckizoBoy said:
Huh... random question to Swedes... do you guys actually like surströmming?!
It´s not that bad. Not really my favorite but the smell is worse than the taste. There are better swedish dishes than surströmming though. Like blood pudding. Love me some blood pudding with apple sauce. Or the "sandwich-cake". Megasandwich as a cake. What´s not to love?

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Linksmash said:
lacktheknack said:
Linksmash said:
lacktheknack said:

2. No appetizer.

I love calamari to but there is nothing worse than overcooked calamari if its anything more than a few mins of flash frying then its like rubber

N.b: which restraunt in leeds is that?

Linksmash

Sep 9, 2013
shootthebandit said:
Linksmash said:
lacktheknack said:
Linksmash said:
lacktheknack said:

2. No appetizer.

I love calamari to but there is nothing worse than overcooked calamari if its anything more than a few mins of flash frying then its like rubber

Sardinista[sic], its out the back of the merrion centre. The food is variable ( i woudn't bother with the paella) but the chopitos/chiperones are good, though not a patch on ones i've had in spain.

stormeris

Aug 29, 2011
It probably comes with being a Lithuanian, but i really love ... Honestly, i don't even know how they're called in English.
They're a national dish, well... They're like giant dumplings from riced potatoes with minced meat filling. Served with bacon.
They're named Cepelinai, due to their shape resembling Zeppelin airships.

But i don't eat them much, even though i love them.
I'm fat enough.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Linksmash said:
shootthebandit said:
Linksmash said:
lacktheknack said:
Linksmash said:
lacktheknack said:

2. No appetizer.

Sardinista[sic], its out the back of the merrion centre. The food is variable ( i woudn't bother with the paella) but the chopitos/chiperones are good, though not a patch on ones i've had in spain.
I know where you mean. Its a shame i dont live there anymore

Nothing is better than a spanish seafood dish though. It really annoys me when people go to spain and eat english food when there are some amazing paella and other food. The real shame though is that most of the quality seafood you get in spain is actually caught in the UK whereas we keep the shit for ourselves

SilverLion

May 11, 2013
French fries. Preferrably crunchy, and definitely warm to the touch. I'm a bit more flexible with the amount of salt, but generally a sprinkling is enough for me.

rednose1

Oct 11, 2009
Nutella.
I know everyone loves it, but it's still worth mentioning.
I know there is a good and loving God simply by the fact that while people are born that are allergic to the sun, I have yet to hear of anyone allergic to Nutella. It's proof God doesn't want you to miss out on the important things in life.

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
thin slices of pickled onions, radish & kabana on cheese crackers with gherkin dip.

hmmm... now I'm hungry and payday is still 2 days away. damnit.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
One of my favorite snacks to make is potato chips covered in malt vinegar and seasoned salt. It's so deliciously sour. The only other person I know who likes it as much as I do is my father, who introduced me to them.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Rooster893 said:
One of my favorite snacks to make is potato chips covered in malt vinegar and seasoned salt. It's so deliciously sour. The only other person I know who likes it as much as I do is my father, who introduced me to them.
Just you and your dad? You do realise that you can buy these in the UK and they are one of the top 3 flavours over here (next to cheese and onion and salt)

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Fucking French Fries man. Can't get enough of them. Especially when covered in cheese and bacon.

Also Peanut Butter and Jelly sammiches. Recently rediscovered how awesome they are. Easy to make too!