What's your favourite game of all time??

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
So, Escapist, what is your favourite game(s)? Why?

To kick it off, mine would be a threesome between
[li]Red Dead Redemption [/li]
[li] Fallout 3 [/li]
[li] Metal Gear Solid 3 [/li]

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
Mass Effect 3. I hated the ending, but everything else about it was absolutely perfect. I was so happy playing that game that I often didn't know notice when I had been playing at 8 hours a stretch. I'm currently working on a play through of ME2 just so I can play ME3 again.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I'll be old school and say Star Wars: Tie Fighter.

Awesome levels that involved a level of sophistication impressive for a deep space shooter.

Aircross

Jun 16, 2011
Deus Ex has great single player depth. I just love the level designs and how you have a multitude of ways to complete your objectives.

DotA (Dota 2) is probably my favorite multiplayer game.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I'm very tempted to say Pokemon Blue, but then I remembered I played Assassin's Creed 2.

It might have something to do with the time period, but I just love that game. The music is freaking awesome too.

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
I'm very tempted to say Pokemon Blue, but then I remembered I played Assassin's Creed 2.

It might have something to do with the time period, but I just love that game. The music is freaking awesome too.
I concur, the game did everything right as a sequel. Assassin's Creed numero uno was pretty much just a pretty face.

Edit: (Also, you have a pretty bitchin' username)

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Lucem712 said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

I concur, the game did everything right as a sequel. Assassin's Creed numero uno was pretty much just a pretty face.

Well shoot, it's not everyday I hear that, it was carefully crafted (not really) for other's enjoyment.

Anyways, the first AC didn't do a lot for me especially the ending with Altair, I remember thinking, "Well that happened." So I pretty much went into AC2 pretty skeptical and low expectations, and dear God was I impressed. The combat was a hell of a lot better and I was happy that I could ride my damn horse without being chased.

It was a sequel I wish more games could look at and follow that example, SH: Downpour.

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Lucem712 said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

Well shoot, it's not everyday I hear that, it was carefully crafted (not really) for other's enjoyment.

Anyways, the first AC didn't do a lot for me especially the ending with Altair, I remember thinking, "Well that happened." So I pretty much went into AC2 pretty skeptical and low expectations, and dear God was I impressed. The combat was a hell of a lot better and I was happy that I could ride my damn horse without being chased.

It was a sequel I wish more games could look at and follow that example, SH: Downpour.
AC was the first game I received with my 360 and I really enjoyed the visuals but the repetition made me stop and put in another game. I'm really excited what AC3 holds.

Definitely, it's really unfortunate when sequels fail to live up to their predecessors.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Lucem712 said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Lucem712 said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

AC was the first game I received with my 360 and I really enjoyed the visuals but the repetition made me stop and put in another game. I'm really excited what AC3 holds.

Definitely, it's really unfortunate when sequels fail to live up to their predecessors.
I totally agree about AC, I almost stopped playing the minute I hit Jerusalem. One, it was far from, base, and two, I knew I was gonna do a lot of running around between the different cities, but I'm glad I stuck with it.

AC3 has completely grabbed my attention, mainly because of the time period and the main character, but also I'm really curious to know how the whole 2012 ordeal will be unfold.

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
I hated the ending of Assassin´s Creed 2 though. Haven´t played the two others mostly because of that, but I´ll play them sooner or later. Just to see if they make sense of AC 2´s ending.

My favourite game changes pretty often from a list of four games, depending on what mood I´m in. It´s pretty much a tie between Bioshock, Half Life 2, Silent Hill 2 and Shadow Of The Colossus. Not really anything out of the ordinary, but these are just damn good games.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
I can't really state a favorite game of all time, I really have to divide them up into genres. My favorite WRPG of all time though is Planescape: Torment.
My favorite RTS is Starcraft: Brood War.
My favorite JRPG is Final Fantasy IV / Final Fantasy Tactics(Its a tie)
My favorite Turn based strategy game is probably Heroes of Might and Magic 3.
And my favorite FPS is Doom.
I could go on but those are just a few genres real fast.

nomzy

Jan 29, 2010
Dragon Age: Origins is my absolute favourite. There's a whole bunch of other games that come close but I'm too lazy to list them. :)

tooWhite2ball

Feb 2, 2011
Mass Effect 1. It didn't matter if more than half the time a thresher maw would pop out in a random planet, at least I could explore them in the mako.

Deremix

Apr 2, 2010
Well, this is hard. I'm huge fan of great stories, so these would probably by my top ones:

Mass Effect 3 (save for ending)
Red Dead Redemption (second best ending ever. Take notes, BioWare.)
Portal 2 (best ending ever. Take notes again, BioWare.)

I don't care much for multiplayer, so I'd say either:
Team Fortress 2
or
Left 4 Dead 2.

I'm a PC gamer mostly, so I don't feel the urge to deal with the arguing and loud kids on console multiplayer.

Not that I hate consoles. In fact I'm in love with the PS3. Just that the multiplayer community is really out of hand.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Final Fantasy 7.

Hands down one of my favourite games.

Followed closely by Parasite Eve 2.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Mass Effect 3 for sure. Because it served as an emotional journey for my character, and really let her develop.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Red Dead Redemption always seems to make me laugh. but recently i fell in love with Saint's Row the Third because its just so dam fun