What's your favourite game of all time??

Raika

Jul 31, 2011
My favorite game of all time is Final Fantasy X-2. A close second would be Nier, which has now spent two years with the title of "best story in the history of video games as a medium".

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Metroid Prime will always be my favorite.

Also, an honorable mention goes to Yoshi's Island which features the most epic final boss ever.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Right at this moment?

Sid Meier's Pirates! on the C=64 for superior music

Jagged Alliance 2 (surprise, surprise <======)

and

Planescape: Torment.

My favorite recent game is Battlefield 3, sure it isn't BF2 or BF2142, but I still can't get enough, especially Back to Karkand. Over 100 hours in and I still haven't played beyond the rat in the campaign...and I never will.

Reggie Rock

Jan 12, 2012
Dragon age: Origins

Everything about this game was fucking brilliant for me. I couldn't find a single flaw.

Least favourite: Dragon age 2

Why?!? WHAT DID I EVER DO TO YOU BIOWARE?!?

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Hmm... I'm definitely putting Star Wars: Battlefront on there ... other then that:
- Mass Effect: the entire series, just all around fantastic!
- Bioshock: first one, amazing! The twist was something I never expected at all!
- New Vegas: Like Fallout 3... but better!
- Pokemon Sapphire: My all-time fave Pokemon generation

Special Mention- Katawa Shoujo: I've never played a game that made me feel quite like I did playing KS... The game characters will always hold a special place in my heart!

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
OldKingClancy said:
Red Dead Remption. A great story, a fantastic ending and two of the best Video Game characters ever - John Marston and Dutch. It may be Grand Theft Western but that's what makes it so great.
"Our Time Has Passed John."
This basicly sums up its immortal greatness.

Generalissimo

Your Commander-in-Chief
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
UK
timesplitters 3: man that game had everything, a great story, charectors and humour

starwars battlefront 2: i love this game, one of the best third person shooters ever

command and conquer: tiberian sun: i could sink hours into this game, a very enjoyable and addictive RTS.

Indecipherable

Mar 21, 2010
The Red Goblin said:

Everything about this game was fucking brilliant for me. I couldn't find a single flaw.

I respect your opinion and I know the game is popular but if I could point out a few flaws....

-horrible armour
-horrible animations
-horrible combat system for anything that isn't a mage (auto attack)
-horrible imbalance for anything that isnt' a mage (not just boring, also weak)
-ultra-generic-cookie-cutter storyline and world. Elves Dwarves and Humans can't get any more generic if you tried.
-mediocre storyline (unite x people, go save the world)

I liked building a group and it gave me hope of a return to the good old days of D&D RPGs, but jesus it fell fucking flat.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Lucem712 said:
So, Escapist, what is your favourite game(s)? Why?

To kick it off, mine would be a threesome between
[li]Red Dead Redemption [/li]
[li] Fallout 3 [/li]
[li] Metal Gear Solid 3 [/li]
Well your 3 are in my top ten list, anyway!

Reggie Rock

Jan 12, 2012
Indecipherable said:
The Red Goblin said:

I respect your opinion and I know the game is popular but if I could point out a few flaws....

-horrible armour
-horrible animations
-horrible combat system for anything that isn't a mage (auto attack)
-horrible imbalance for anything that isnt' a mage (not just boring, also weak)
-ultra-generic-cookie-cutter storyline and world. Elves Dwarves and Humans can't get any more generic if you tried.
-mediocre storyline (unite x people, go save the world)

I liked building a group and it gave me hope of a return to the good old days of D&D RPGs, but jesus it fell fucking flat.
Everyone thinks different things. While i personally disagree with all of your points, i will defend to the death your right to state them.

But you know what I'm happy about? You didn't hurl insults, you didn't hold a sense of superiority, you simply took my opinion into account and provided yours. Because we all like video games, so let's like video games together.

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
May as well write my top 3:-

1)[b/]FFVII[/b] - still the only game to turn around my entire view on a genre, I still play it every so often and still absolutely love it. One of the very few RPGs I can play more than once and still enjoy it.

2)[b/]Valkyria Chronicles[/b] - hadnt heard of the game picked it up on a whim for a bargain price and was blown away, im not (and am still not) a strategy game player but this game greatly impressed me and is the only game that has almost made me cry (because I was sad not because I was seething with rage or it wiped 60 hours of game time by corrupting all my saves).

3)[b/]Xenoblade Chronicles[/b] - another game I heard little about until it was about a week to being released, I actually bought it on the strength of a few japanese you tube videos I saw expecting an average but enjoyable JRPG. But it totally exceeded my expectations in everyway I even took time out from the excellent Persona 4 to concentrate on this fully until it was finished I look forward to my next playthrough in a few months.

Honourable mentions:-
SF2 turbo
Mario 3
Persona 4

There have been loads of other top class games as well but these are the ones that stand out.