What's your favourite graphic novel?

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
I'll have to go with the only one I've actually read, which is Scott Pilgrim. I haven't read any comics either (apart from the Beano when I was younger), but considering Scott Pilgrim was good I might get around to trying some of the stuff mentioned in this thread...

I read through Scott Pilgrim shortly before seeing the movie, but could someone please tell me if V for Vendetta or Watchmen are still good after seeing their respective movies? They seem like the kind of thing I might enjoy, but only if they are different enough from the movies that it doesn't seem pointless.

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
as for one that people haven't said (or probably heard of), its The Light Brigade, and it's basically ww2 americans vs nephilm nazis, with surprisingly good writing.

hailfire

Mar 5, 2011
lost at sea. it was by the same guy who did scott pilgrim, and it was hilarious and deep at the same time.

Big-T

Jan 11, 2010
Scott Pilgrim, Watchmen, Batman The Dark Knight Returns and V for Vendetta. Gotta love em.

Ravenseeker

Jan 11, 2009
Arkham Asylum, a Serious House on a Serious Earth. Heads above every graphic novel I've read, proves that Batman is insane.
After that Alan Moore's From Hell and Watchman along with Jeph Loeb's Long Halloween and Dark Victory are among my favorites.
Also: Sandman, 'nuff said.

Wuffykins

Jun 21, 2010
Well, to pull a someone unknown title out of a hat, I'm going to go with 'It's a Bird' by Steven T. Seagle & Teddy Kristiansen. Why? Well it's an interesting story about a comic writer who's offered the chance to write a Superman story arc, and his trying to come to grips with what he feels is a flawed character & some personal issues (is also more than a little autobiographical in nature, as some of the story reflect's Seagle's life). Definitely worth a read if anyone here finds it.

Other Graphic Novels I find of note would be 'Pride of Baghdad' by Brian K. Vaughan and Niko Henrichon, 'Spiderman: Blue' by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale, and, to take a more literal definition of 'Graphic Novel', the ongoing series of 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep', because rather than adapting the original story to comic form the artist is using each and every damn word of the original story and drawing art around it, and he's doing a brilliant job of it too.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I haven't read too many graphic novels, outside the fact I don't know very many, but I do like V for Vendetta.

Sep 30, 2010
Does that include manga? I've enjoyed quite a bit of manga so there's no way i could choose but if it's only western I would have to go with the Scott Pilgrim series.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Outright Villainy said:
Graphic Novel? Oh, you must mean comic.

Anyhow, probably Scott Pilgrim, I enjoyed the hell out of that.
Same here,other than myself not reading as many graphic novels as most people,I've read enough to know what I'm talking about. Scott Pilgrim is just a great read that before the movie,was highly underrated and unknown.

Tomster595

Aug 1, 2009
I'm not huge on comics and graphic novels but from what I've read, I've gotta go with Watchmen.

gazerii

Dec 19, 2010
Toss up between Blankets by Craig Thompson or Jimmy Corrigan, the Smartest Kid on Earth, by Chris Ware. Both are excellent and both have nothing to with anybody who is not a normal human living a normal human life.