What's your flirt tactic?

Rochnan

Dec 2, 2008
I have a moleskine sketchbook and a mechanical pencil with me at almost any time, and I have practiced drawing flattering portraits in less than five minutes.
It's a great way to impress someone when travelling.
(It's also quite perplexing that people don't notice someone essentially staring at them for five to ten minutes.)

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
just... flirt? I don't really know how I do it to be honest, I just go with the flow. except when I'm in a club, conversations are hard when the music is loud enough to pierce your eardrums... in a club, the best I can hope for is to fail in a cute way...

Sarcastic_Applause

Dec 1, 2010
TakeyB0y2 said:
Personally I dislike flirting. I don't like it when people flirt with me, so I don't flirt back. I also detest pickup lines and being hit on.

Buuuut, conversation is always nice. I'd probably only try to strike up a conversation with them only if they either came in alone (I'd find it intrusive if you're trying to hang out with friends and someone jumps right in, plus there's also the chance that one of those friends is actually their boyfriend) or if they started talking to me. I'm not very initiative, but at the very least I'm not socially awkward.
I've been trying REALLY hard to think about a time when I've used pick up lines or flirted with someone, but I genuinely can't recall ever using any.
Now that i think about it, i hate Flirting and Pick up lines as a 'social norm' in conversations with the opposite (or same) sex.

If i ever did see someone i had an interest in, then i'd just try and spark a conversation if the situation arose, if it moves from 'small talk' into a genuine conversation then, awesome! Theres something there to go on.

Worked for me when i started up a conversation with my former Boyfriend of some years ago.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
I just act like myself and tend to get asked out occasionally.
Sounds like I'm full of myself, but I'm really just oblivious to when people are interested in me, I'm friendly, but I wouldn't say I flirt at all. Still, I managed to attract my boyfriend, so I'm ok for now.

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
Uh, I don't really have a tactic. Just tell stupid jokes and such. If they laugh, they are at least somewhat interested.

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
I find humor to be the best option. I haven't often tried to pick up girls, but I'm pretty good at being able to carry on a conversation with her and make her laugh, which I'm pretty proud of. My sense of humor that is. Definitely one of the easiest ways to talk to people and make the conversation interesting

Dirzzit

Apr 16, 2009
My Flirt tactic?

"Hey I'll dance next to you, if you want to think were dancing together, go ahead."

I then procede to dance to no music.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
I don't. Not really. I don't do the whole "walk up to a complete stranger and start talking" thing. I don't quite understand how people do that, much less how they manage to succeed. I mean, if she knows someone I know, and there's an actual reason to talk to her, then I'll go up to her and try to turn on the charm, but that's the extent of my flirting ability.

So, yeah. My flirting strategy is... talk to her. That's really all you can do, unless you're Barney Stinson.

Blackout62

Dec 24, 2008
Hey I'm trying to win a bet if you could be so kind as to help me for one second... and then improv from there.

Gudrests

Mar 29, 2010
RAKtheUndead said:
I don't. I'm a gutless, spineless man, with absolutely no knowledge on how to flirt. If I tried, it would be so horribly creepy that I might actually be arrested for it. I am so hopeless at romance that I consider it a punishment for me to have been born heterosexual.

try drinking and going out with friends. And spontaneously turning around and just talking....idk if it works but....shit cant hurt.....just don't cry

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
If we are introduced and I feel like it I will give her some very good compliments. I happen to be quite the smooth talker, but I don't check up strangers since I hate when strangers do that to me. Makes me suspicious and uncomfortable and makes me unsure if I should take it truthfully and go for it or run away. My tactic is not successful since I only flirt with friends to be nice. It do produces some blushes and some "I can't understand why you're single", but other than that I stay alone. Just as well since I prefer being single anyway. Maybe if I put in some more effort it would work, but that would mean I had to leave my home... which I don't like very much...

azraelthor

May 6, 2011
I don't. I don't flirt until I know the person and decide that I like their personality. Once I've done that then I take the 5th grader approach, tease and pick on her. All in good fun though, never anything mean just good natured ribbing

Sneaky-Pie

Sep 22, 2008
Treat them like another human being and not a potential sex object.

Women really like it.

Athinira

Jan 25, 2010
It's simple. I'll wait for some other guy in the club to start hitting on her first. After he fails (which most of them inevitably do) I'll just go talk to her and make fun of her getting hit on by all the wierd guys.

It's a sure-fire ice breaker tactic.

Edit: After the "ice breaker" I'll engage in relaxed conversation, continue making fun of her, but act all disinterested in her, and then at some point I'll just walk away. If i did my job properly, she'll hunt me down later.

Luke3184

Jun 4, 2011
Step 1: Walk up to the girl with a piece of cloth

Step 2: "Hey, does this smell like chloroform to you?"

Step 3: Profit!

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Dirzzit said:
My Flirt tactic?

"Hey I'll dance next to you, if you want to think were dancing together, go ahead."

I then procede to dance to no music.
This is probably the best idea. Funny thing is, it would probably be a decent conversation starter if you knew that she was a Mass Effect geek. Or at the very least, good for a laugh.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Kargathia said:
I don't flirt. I listen.

It works a lot better.
This one is wise beyond his years :3 Secretly, this is what every female desires more than anything else from a man.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
I don't. In fact, I try to avoid flirting. I find it awkward and pointless. Needless to say, I am no good at meeting new people.