What's your flirt tactic?

manofwar618

Jul 24, 2011
Sarcastic_Applause said:
manofwar618 said:
RAKtheUndead said:
I don't. I'm a gutless, spineless man, with absolutely no knowledge on how to flirt. If I tried, it would be so horribly creepy that I might actually be arrested for it. I am so hopeless at romance that I consider it a punishment for me to have been born heterosexual.
Lol Trust me. Homosexual Romance is just as hard, if not harder.
I got pretty lucky with my ex to be honest, it's a bit more straight forward being heterosexual, at least then you have a clear target. Being Bi is a bit more of a challenge; considering i've only had a few guy's show interest and I have no clue where to look. also with homosexual relationships i'm not a fan of the 'flamboyant' types some tend to be; i've always preferred the 'i'm gay, so what?' style.
I absolutely agree with the last part. I have no issues with gay guys that like to be flamboyant, but I'd never really date one. When it concerns who you're going to be with for the rest of your life, I think you're allowed to be a little bit picky.

DreadfulSorry

Feb 3, 2009
I usually pretend I didn't see them, but still try and act sexy (i.e. swinging my hips, dashing smile, batting eyelashes). And then I usually end up doing something fucking retarded like spill my drink all over myself or sneeze all over my sleeve or trip while I'm walking.
Honestly I have no idea why I'm still single.

Zaverexus

Jul 5, 2010
I usually start with jokes or comments.
I hang near the person and wait for something to happen, usually someone else doing something stupid, and I make a humorous/sarcastic comment. Something that expresses an honest opinion (ex.: someone talks about how guns are great and I say "yeah, I await the day we can all carry our own personal murder weapons"). If the person shares my opinions they laugh, agree, or at very best join in, and either way I have an "in".

So in one comment I can judge whether someone shares my opinions and enjoys my sense of humor while beginning a conversation. From there it's just talking.

Sarcasm is my tool of choice, may it never fail me!

Edit: The above is to meet someone. If I decide to ask out someone I've been talking to for a while I like to ask at the most random time, in the middle of conversation, absolutely casually. No that's not a joke, I swear. It works:
1) It catches her so off guard you immediately see her real reaction.
2) You have just been so absurdly brash and confident that surely she should say yes, if even just to see what you'll do next.
3) It's just damn fun!

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Tactic?
It just comes naturally.
Sometimes, it happens without me realizing it.
Or wanting it.
I once accidentally flirted with one of my mom's friends, and she returned favourable 'signals'.
I've avoided her ever since.

Drummah

Dec 30, 2009
Make a small mention of something topical/funny--ie. 'Halo? pft. never heard of it. sounds lame.' (lame example) in a game store if a box is near by... Compliment something--Comic/gamer shirt, pin on a bag. Mix in a little self-deprecating humour, and it's pretty easy to tell whether they're wanting to talk or not.

Sometimes yes, it's 'trying a bit too hard' IF you fumble, but people are so introverted and self-aware now, that you actually stand out if you instigate the connection.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
I use a combination of pelvic thrust and greasy hand grappling in the chestal area.

Its a flawedless approach.

Smokej

Nov 22, 2010
well the most important basics are pretty much this here

wait for a signal of interest and then go for it immediately(don't start to think about it or you will screw it up)

taking care of your appereance (dressing and body image wise) should give you the confidence you need to get started, a good education and and some experience of life gives you a solid foundation for any conversation besides small talk

if those things are totally out of your reach and you aren't a rich guy which can provide all the security and prestige most women want, well then you're probably f*cked...

btw don't fall for those self proclaimed pick up dating gurus, most of them are failed biographies who try to make a living out of some people insecurities

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
Denamic said:
Tactic?
It just comes naturally.
Sometimes, it happens without me realizing it.
Or wanting it.
Pretty much exactly this. I become good friends with the girls that I'm into, get to know their friends, and then start giving subtle signs that I'm interested in them. You know, making more eye contact, making a point of sitting next to them..

And you know what? It works like a charm... unless you get caught in the friend zone. Which happens. And when it happens, it sucks ass.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Shy, gentle, and comedic. It works every time. I don't know how though... odd.

That or like the fonz.

Sinathor

Mar 16, 2011
I walk to the girl and ask: "Would you like to come to my place and listen to some funeral doom metal?"

Works every time.

Rarhnor

Jun 2, 2010
major28 said:
so far for every girl I've dated I do the following: live next to her for 10 yeas then ask her out one day.
success-rate?

OT: Something lame like asking what time it is. She answers. I say: "Because [Valid and true reason for asking like worried about being late for work]". If she's actually interested in maintaining conversation, she will, and if not? Then I remain smooth and harmless.

Mute52

Sep 22, 2009
I attempt to flatter them by being courteous, like holding a door open or complimenting something about them.

Doesn't work, women seem to only respond to the opposite of that

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
First I follow them around (it's not stalking!... usually...) and listen in on their conversations (I'm actually going somewhere with this, trust me!)...

...once I've gathered enough intelligence, I simply go over when opportunity arises and start a conversation based on what I've heard!

...does it work?

I met my first girlfriend and dated her for 16 months after 10 minutes of following!

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
Well, my good man, let me introduce you to Korolev's Patented Lady Seducing Technique (it is best to imagine I am reading this to you with the voice of barry white for maximum (GHOSTLY) effect!)

Step one, hon: when you eye a woman of particular physique, appearance and intelligence that you would very much like to get to know, act like you are totally disinterested. Don't even look in her direction or approach her.

Step two, dude: If she talks to you, then be polite but distant. Have a totally impassive face like a granite block!

Step three, chickadee: She'll leave and you'll die alone.... YEEEAAAAH Groovy cat!

My life is a miserable joke.

azraelthor

May 6, 2011
Korolev said:
Well, my good man, let me introduce you to Korolev's Patented Lady Seducing Technique (it is best to imagine I am reading this to you with the voice of barry white for maximum (GHOSTLY) effect!)

Step one, hon: when you eye a woman of particular physique, appearance and intelligence that you would very much like to get to know, act like you are totally disinterested. Don't even look in her direction or approach her.

Step two, dude: If she talks to you, then be polite but distant. Have a totally impassive face like a granite block!

Step three, chickadee: She'll leave and you'll die alone.... YEEEAAAAH Groovy cat!

My life is a miserable joke.
that was...AWESOME! It helped that it was at the bottom of me screen scrolling up as I read it so I didn't see a step untill I had finished reading the step before, but that is not the ending I was expecting, kudos

Sprinal

Jan 27, 2010
Luke3184 said:
Step 1: Walk up to the girl with a piece of cloth

Step 2: "Hey, does this smell like chloroform to you?"

Step 3: ????

Step 4: Profit!
There we go I've fixed it for you..

Still origional was good.

OT:
If I try and flirt I creep the person out. If I don't try I am somehow successful....

Society is strange...

azraelthor

May 6, 2011
Mutilator7 said:
I attempt to flatter them by being courteous, like holding a door open or complimenting something about them.

Doesn't work, women seem to only respond to the opposite of that
Or, now just bear with me I know this can get complicated, or they just assume you are being polite like most people should be. I hold the door open for most people, it's common curtosy and woman shouldn't be expected to drop her panties for any guy who holds open a door and tells her she smells nice.

azraelthor

May 6, 2011
ivansnick said:
Luke3184 said:
Step 1: "Hey, does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"

Step 2: ????

Step 3: Profit!
There we go I've fixed it for you..

Still origional was good.

OT:
If I try and flirt I creep the person out. If I don't try I am somehow successful....

Society is strange...
There I fixed yours too. Also interesting theory to back it up, I supply my own experience: When I flirt with a girl no one notices, when I do nothign I get accused of being a flirt