What's your game/disappointment of the year?

Cerrax

Feb 15, 2009
Game of the Year: Borderlands
Honorable Mention: Shadow Complex

Biggest Disappointment: Brütal Legend
Dishonorable Mention: Uncharted 2

Honestly though, 2009 wasn't a good year for games.

Ctrl Alt De1337

Dec 8, 2009
My game of the year is Modern Warfare 2.

In case you think I'm some frat boy console tard who taps the keg and tells everyone how "like, me and the guys were, like, playin' some Halo 3, like" I'll explain:

I missed out on Call of Duty Modern Warfare in 2007-8. I just wasn't interested. My brother, who loves Call of Duty bought Modern Warfare 2 in November I think. To be blunt, I didn't know what I was missing. I played some MW2 with him, and I must say, The game blew me away. It was terrific. I guess me missing out on Modern Warfare 1 had something to do with my love of MW2, as in my expectations weren't as high as other peoples. i didn't know what MW1 had, so I can't be dissapointed by a lack of content if I play the sequel first. So there you go. My game of the year.

I don't really have a dissapointment of the year, because I mainly played older games and MW2. Every other game that has been put out this year remains untouched by me. So I guess I'll have to go off topic and find some other dissapointing things for you guys. Like... I dunno... The last mission in Bloodmoon. God that's hard.

TL;DR

GotY: MW2
Biggest dissapointment: None

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
tellmeimaninja said:
Well, you know who else thought other things were inferior in every way? The same Hitler you apparently worship. You should go join him.
Do you have to try to be that dense or does it come naturally?

I never said Hitler was a cool guy. The point was "was Hitler a failure?". He was quite the asshole, but then again so was George W. Bush (both of father and son) and at least Hitler accomplished SOMETHING. You see, most people are too emotive and thick, they're unable to separate their personal emotions from objective facts. Do I like Hitler? Fuck no, I would have killed him myself given the chance. Was he important in history? Do I REALLY need to answer that? Something like 10 years of world history (from before to after WWII) were written around the fucking dude... He did everything from pulling Germany from a third-world rut they were in from WWI, to creating the concept of "Highway", to shaping global history. It took pretty much the entire rest of the world to stop him. He had half the world in his hands, and the other half afraid of him. For comparison someone who society would consider "successful" nowadays is someone who makes a few million bucks a year and has his face on a magazine or two...

But off course, for people to realize this they'd have to put their own biases aside, and my god do people ever love their bias. Sadly humanity is still mostly illogical.

And for perspective, Hitler killed millions for what he believed in, for the sake of his country and his vision. Bush killed millions for his own personal gain. In retrospect, who's the bigger asshole?

But anyways, this is as off-topic as it gets. You wanna continue arguing politics, feel free to PM me your reply.

ON TOPIC: Name one things consoles can do computers can't? Cause I can name a few computers can consoles can't.

TheSeventhLoneWolf

Mar 1, 2009
Operation Flashpoint : Dragon Rising. It was like taking everything bad out of the game before, and adding bits in that were of no help at all. I bought that game, and I can honestly say that i was dissapointed. Though it looked nice though, one of the best i've seen thus far.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
disappointment of the year - ODST definitely. More of a let-down. what little there was was great! but it felt so damn short..

game of the year - toss up between Arkham Asylum or Uncharted2

Zweiblumen

Mar 21, 2009
I've played two games released this year. The game of the year out of those two is DA:O and the disappointment MW2. I did expect a reeeeeal dive in the multiplayer, but IW still managed to shock me with how horrific it can be at times. It can be enjoyable, but there's just so much annoying stuff amidst the fun that it's disappointing. I was, indeed, expecting a bit more (even after the announcement of no dedicated servers).

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Goty - Everything I want from a game, good gameplay.

Doty - Haze, you promised so much, yet you delivered so little.

asdasdasdasda

Oct 17, 2009
Game of the Year: Uncharted 2, Sins Creed 2, and InFamous. I can't pick one!

Dissapointment of the Year: Dragon Age Origins. It was good, but it could have been so much better.