What's your 'I love it, but it drives me up the f&$king wall!' game?

Pixelspeech

Sep 30, 2013
The Mount and Blade franchise has this effect on me. I love the series a lot, but after a few days of rigorous playing the morale system ceases to make any sense whatsoever and all your heavy hitters just run off. Good luck keeping that sillyness in check!

nomzy

Jan 29, 2010
DayZ.
What's that, you want to put on a new outfit? HOW ABOUT I BREAK YOUR LEGS AND TELEPORT YOU TO THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE INSTEAD
You stupid zombies can't run indoors. ***** IMA HIT YOU THROUGH THE FUCKING WALL
There's a lot more, but I'm too lazy to go through the list.
It was(still is) a god damn bug ridden mess, and I fucking loved the shit out of it.

If there was any game I could go back and play again for the first time that would be it. Yes I know it's just a mod.

nariette

Jun 9, 2013
It doesn't make me angry or anything, but just frustrated. For some reason I can't seem to play in first person perspective or I'll get nauseous. And Dear Esther can only be played in this type. I really want to play the game but I keep on getting really nauseous while playing to the point where I need to stop. I can't even get past the first chapter.

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
Recently, System Shock 2.

*raises flame-shield*
Honestly, the game is extremely overhyped and the later BioShock games are better games as a whole in my opinion. System Shock 2 has a lot of annoying flaws that make the game feel rather fragmented and aged and not completely excellent as a whole.

For example: the game makes you feel too weak rather than making you feel weak but still feel like you have a chance. The combat is horribly clunky, especially the melee combat where it doesn't always feel like you're making contact with your target even though you truly should be. The RPG-elements feel a little unnecessary and shoehorned in for the sake of being an FPS/RPG Hybrid and can make things waaaaaayyy too annoying than enjoyable [footnote](Okay, finally managed to put a point into my Repair skill so now I can... wait, what the fuck do you mean I need to have a Repair skill of 3 to simply use a repair tool?!?)[/footnote]. The fact that you have to level up your skills at terminals is also extremely annoying, since instead of making sure these terminals were decently scattered about the Von Braun (which wouldn't make this an issue if that was the case) instead they're rarer than ammunition for your weapons it seems.

... and yet, despite a lot of these flaws normally being things that would totally kill a game for me... I fucking love it. System Shock 2 infuriates me in so many ways and I still consider it overrated, yet I can't help but enjoy it despite all the annoying and nagging flaws it has. It just manages to suck me into its atmosphere and world like few games can, and somehow that keeps me from despising it.

WhitbyDragon

Jul 15, 2013
Maybe it's the fact I'm new to it, but Minecraft! I have no sense of direction and can never find where I died, so I lose all the goodies I just spent an in game day or so mining and harvesting and it takes more effort to wind yourself up to try again. Also, what is the point of armor if you can still be instakilled by creepers from behind?!?

I love the game, when you survive and build a unique house against the odds etc, but it damn it really doesn't love you back...

Ashadowpie

Feb 3, 2012
for me its Silent Hill Homecoming. the game is super scary, and really fun but the monsters! they're so punishing and have the most unfair advantage. its like you're lv 1 and everything is randomly lv 20 and can kick your ass so easily but it takes you 15 hits to kill a nurse! Nurses are the freakin default monster in Silent Hill games! i actually got so angry i screamed and almost through the controller. i have never raged while playing a game, and i will never play Silent Hill Homecoming ever again because of it. i play games for fun and relaxation, not to rage. i get enough of that in life as it is.