What's your internet fame level?

Lobo Mau

Jan 14, 2012
Solaire of Astora said:
To be fair, I haven't done anything on there that people haven't done better elsewhere.
Ahah, I like you.

OT: My mom has facebook. That's my internet fame level.

WorriedSandwich

Nov 23, 2011
I made two Halo montages showing funny/random unintentional mishaps, one of which made it to the official Halo site and has 3000+ views. Other than that, I'm somewhat known in random communities (TF2, Gang Garrison 2 (a 2d fan version of TF2) Mario Kart 7 amongst others), but since I have another alias for each site I'm pretty much anonymous.

Alterego-X

Nov 22, 2009
I was pretty deeply into TVTropes for about a year, started some articles that got thousands of hits. I already heard some of their titles used as general internet slang on others sites.

Malyc

Bullets... they don't affect me.
Feb 17, 2010
My fame=jack diddly squat. This is really the only website i frequent, I have no videos on youtube, basically, i just don't exist.
Am i mad about that? No. I'm anonymous, and i wouldn't have it any other way.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Redlin5 said:
I'm hardly known, which is how a like it. I have my friends and that's all I need.

Though if you must know I do have a vid with almost 8000 views on the youtubes.
I wish some of my stuff was that popular ;_; My most viewed vid has 90.

Maybe I should start blogging.

God's Clown

Aug 8, 2008
If you search God's Clown on Google I am on the first page :eek: That's about it. And that doesn't really count for anything.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
I wouldn't say the number of views you get on a youtube video = fame. Thats just fame on youtube. Just like how some people on Escapist have 10k+ posts; they are not famous on the internet, just the Escapist.
I'd say you have a small amount of fame when your fame on one site spills over to others. Like Yahtzee vids on youtube as well as his AMA on reddit.

My fame only counts on the horde side of Ner'zhul in WoW. And even then, I am only famous among druids and high-end raiders, lol.
To be fair, I stopped playing about a year ago, so it is likely that only a few people recognize me. Oh, and a little over 2 years ago (before ICC), I was one of the few ferals on any realm that used strength gems on purpose, and did as good (if not better) dps than ferals that used agility gems. I didn't do much debating about the subject on teh forumz, but when I did, I'd get so much "how the fuck even?!" xD

So on a scale of 1-10, I'd say about 0.5

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I've got about 230-ish subscribers on my youtube Let's Play channel which I'm very subtly going to link here! [http://www.youtube.com/user/MrHaza2] But that's about it.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
A friend and I used to be moderately famous with the regular VIP[footnote]Those who pay a few bucks a month for extra dance animations and clothing as well as an extended friends list and extra room editing options and a free VIP only gift a month[/footnote] crowd in a room on Habbo Hotel, which is considered quite good for "norms" (non-VIP status Habbos), but then I stopped playing because I got bored grew out of it.

EDIT - Oh, my cousin's a fairly well known hardstyle/dubstep/electronic/etc. music artist on YouTube. I think he's over 500 subscribers now and gets a few every week. Djsalmaus is his channel if you want to check it out.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Jonluw said:
I'd say about 7.
Damn it all to hell.
That is the exact, word for word sentence I was going to type out.

OT: Well, if you are familiar with Delicious Cinnamon on Youtube (If not, do so, they've got ninety-nine videos and every one is worth watching) they have responded to me on several occasions and I've actually got Bert to tell me I'm a genius.

That's about it really.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
SakSak said:
Ahh, an e-peen competition.

For 99.99% of us, our 'fame' is nonexistent and our presence irrelevant. Anyone thinking otherwise is seriously deluding themselves.

A viral Youtube video is not fame, much in the same manner that a man running naked on the street is not famous: Everyone will have forgotten about them in a few days.

You need to have a series of viral youtube videos, at the very least, to get any of that.

Mine? Nonexistent, just as yours.

This is exactly as stupid as those radio shows about "how are you related to a celebrity?" or "what is my subscriber amount?" - if you have to ask yourself that, then you're not famous, you're not a celebrity.
Oh no, harmless fun. Quickly crush it with obvious and unnecessary cynicism.

Anyway, none. Well, there is a certain part of the internet in which I've gained moderate renown, I guess. But this is a family site, so I won't share the details here.

Bovver

Jul 31, 2008
Completely invisible. Used to have a good group of friends back along but guess we all just sort of grew up.

royohz

Official punching bag!
Jul 23, 2009
Absolute frikkin' zero. -273.15, that is. And I really, really couldn't care any less.

Knife-28

Oct 10, 2009
I moderated the Escapecraft Minecraft server for a while, so I'm fairly well known on there. My Youtube videos have a few views, and I'm known in a few other places. But in the grand scheme of thing's I don't think I'm fiarly well known.

Adiona

Mistress of Evil
Mar 25, 2008
Erm not very and I like to keep it that way.

I was a Game Sage for the mmo Dream of Mirror Online and I am in the process of quitting the game since it's gone downhill.

Umm I manage a Final Fantasy rp board on proboards for about... well nearly 3 years and before that managed Door To Darkness on MSN groups before they shut down.

I write on a limited basis on DevGaming.net....

Umm no youtube vids or anything...i'm getting more and more quiet in my twilight years :p