What's your Skyrim Character's background?

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
I haven't given much thought to my character's (Dark Elf sneaky type) background; however, I have thought a lot about how to RP the character in game. I completed the thieves guild and dark brotherhood questlines and then had a "come to Jesus moment". Now my formerly evil, scarred, badass is a married man living in the Rift with his beautiful bride Sylgja at Shor's Stone. He makes his living the honest way by hunting in the birch forests and by forging armor using deer and bear hides. It is actually pretty cool b/c I've pretty much done everything so now I've got a continual "quest" which is to keep Sylgja safe (the damn frostbite spiders in her mine respawn every once in a while) and hone my leather working skills. Shor's stone is also prone to dragon attacks and Filnjar, the unofficial town leader, has already been killed. It was actually kind of emotional. Usually, I don't build any attachment to characters in TES games but I really have started to care about my adopted town.

iron stomp

Jul 9, 2012
my guy is a theive who just killed the high king (made it look like it was alfrid >:D) and i got cought eating moon suger

Name: ace
Race:nord (soon to be vampier)
Lvl: 20
Skills: at like like 30+ oone handed is at 65 and hevey armour is at 59 light is at like 44

Rock-nerd

Apr 6, 2012
I've actually been pondering this for a few weeks now. and made a detailed description.

Mines is a Nordic orphan who never knew his parents nor where he was born. He was raised in an orphanage in Cyrodil and, not knowing his real name, gave himself one. Link.

Link was interested in stories and legends, mostly dragons from a young age, and never spoke a word to anyone. At the age of 13, Link couldn't stand the abusive caretakers any longer, he rounded up his "friends" and escaped the orphanage, injuring many staff in the process.

He split up from his gang and lived as a street rat in the imperial city, the Imperials who he had grown to hate, the guards would consistently mock him, spit on him, and just be bastards. He was caught stealing food from a market and chased down by the city guards when he was saved by a fellow nord, who turned out to be a member of the Thieves guild and tipped the guards off. The nord welcomed link to the guild where he was taught and brought up in his teenage years. He became high ranking but he eventually left at the age of 16. Looking to pursue moral paths.

Link studied at Arcane university from time to time and trained with renowned warriors, and became quite famous in Cyrodil for being so wealthy and skilled at many different proffesions but still notorius among some guards. At the age of 24 he packed up and set out to his true homeland, skyrim, where he was caught in a crossfire between the stormcloaks and the imperials, and was sentenced to death with no trial. you can pick it up from there.

Too ambitious?

TheBestPieEver

Dec 13, 2011
The only character which i've finished the main quest with is a tall, blond, muscular nord named Aklanor. He grew up with his parents, who were part of a big merchant fleet (5 ships) full of people from all of Tamriel. Their main route was from Solitude (in Skyrim) to Hegathe (in Hammerfell. To the point where they all owned little houses in both towns. The Redguards were, as we know, in a raging war with the Aldmeri Dominion during his whole life but they never ran into big problems because of the conflict.

When Aklanor was 27 years old the fleet came across a heated battle in the shores of Hegathe between the people from Hamerfell and the elven habitants of the south. Mistaken for a redguard ship (as they carried flags from Hamerfell during their time in redguard seas) the fleet was attacked by the elves. Aklanor and his crew-mates tried to fight but they rapidly lost 3 of the ships as well as his parents. It was obvious that the elves were not like the disorganised pirates they had come across in their trips. They had no hope of winning.

By mere luck Aklanor and his surviving crew-mates (an orc, a kahjiit, a redguard, 2 other nords) made it to land. They knew that staying in Hegathe in the middle of a battle was crazy, so they decided to get back to solitude and then figure out once they got there. They crossed te west border of Cyrodiil and eventually crossed the south border of Skyrim (a little east of Falkreath). A few miles inside of Skyrim they found themselves in the middle of an Imperial ambush intended for the Stormcloaks. Both sides immediately assumed certain crew-members to be parth of the enemy and acted towards them as such. The Stormcloaks immediately attacked the Orc, kahjiit and redguard while the Imperials went after the 3 nords. The battle ended quickly with a victory for the Imperials and Aklanor found himself to be the last man standing right before an Imperial knocked him out with his warhammer.

Aklanor hated both sides equally while on his trip to Helgen. His pure heart and black and white morality did not allowed him to conceive such killing as an acceptable action. When he heard of the murder of High King Torygg at the hands of Ulfric Stormcloak he cosidered the latter to be crazy, since he always thought of Torygg as a good ruler for Solitude. Once Alduin attacked Helgen he decided to go with Hadvar if only because he was really scared and he had already tasted the might of an imperial legionnaire.

During his time in Riverwood and Whiterun he grew to admire Jarl Balgruuf and to consider Whiterun his home. He decided to seek glory inside the companions and when his identity as the dragonborn was revealed he took it with pride. He eventually stopped Alduin, became the Harbinger of the companions and decided to fight for the imperial legion because he disliked the xenophobia of the Stormcloaks and to defend Jarl Balgruuf's rule of Whiterun.

Yeah... I've got a big boner for Elder Scrolls games.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Mine's a Wood Elf female Stealth player, mostly focusing on Archery, but I'm transitioning to One-Handed ever since I maxed out Stealth and Archery.

Backstory? She assisted a hobbit and seven dwarves into her empire by having them enter and leave through barrels that were conveniently transported using the river. Those dwarves and the hobbit had also had experiences with turning a camp of cave trolls into stone by having them stay out after sunrise, stealing a ring from a twisted person while exchanging riddles, conversing with a treasure-hoarding dragon that was shot down by some other archer who could understand birds by hitting it in an unprotected spot in the stomach, and the hobbit would eventually grow up happy and mostly alone in a home called the Shire, where later he would relinquish the ring he took from the twisted person for it to be discussed by a council who would throw it into the depths of Mt. Doom in the land of Mordor, guided by another unrelated Wood Elf, a Dwarf, three Humans (two would die but one would come back because magic), and four other hobbits.

michaelahall64

Jul 23, 2012
Name-Tyrus
Race-Imperial
Fighting Style-Right-Blade's Sword
Left-Destructon,Restoration, or Conjuration, Ranged-Bow
Bio-(Past) Tyrus was born in the Imperial City in a mid-class family. At the age of 13 he studied magic with The Synod while also taking combat lessons from a retired Legionnaire. By the time he was 18 he traveled to Skyrim with two friends of his. While in Skyrim they stayed in Whiterun for two months.  one of his friends was imprisoned in the Dragonsreach for theft. Tyrus realized his so called friends where getting him into trouble so he abandoned them and traveled back to Cyrodill to join the Imperial Legion. After The High King of Skyrim was murdered he was transferred to Skyrim along with three other Legionnaires and two Thalmor Agents to stay in Windhelm the Stormcloak Capitol to spy on the rebels.  On there way across the mountainess border they where ambushed by a Stormcloak scouting party an where stripped of there armor and down to rags. They where led by the rebels to an occupied fort. On the way there they where al cought by an Imperial ambush and sent to Helgen
Bio-(Present) Tyrus is now a battlemage in the imperial legion charged with controlling a small scouting party. He is an expert swordsman as well as a mage. He is now a member of the Blades as well as a member of vampire hunters known as the Dawngaurd.

King of Wei

Jan 13, 2011
My main Breton character is the great, great grandchild of the Champion of Cyrodill. After the Champion disappeared through the portal to the Shivering Isles the Thalmor began a silent campaign to assassinate his family, both to make an example of them and to put an end to the Champion's bloodline. After the destruction of Frostcraig Spire, the remaining few survivors went into hiding, moving from one isolated town to the next until finally hunkering down in a Morrowind Crypt and cutting all contact with the outside world. 200 years later the Dragonborn is the last living relative of the Champion of Cyrodill, his father passing away from illness a year prior. Tired of the exile's life and harboring an immense grudge for the Thalmor the Dragonborn sets off for Skyrim in hopes of making a name for himself and restoring the honor of his family.

Stormcloak117

Jul 17, 2012
My character is a Nord named Eddard Stark (yes that's a game of thrones reference) and is Ulfrics unknown twin brother. He grew up in Chorrol under the watch of the Captain of the guard, Captain Grognak Strong Arm, a Nord from Windhelm who was friends with "The great Bear of Eastmarch." He learned the way of the blade and became a guardsmen. Whenever he would ask from where he came from Grognak only told him that his parents were farmers from Skingrad who died during the drought of the West Weald 6 years ago. After two years of being a guardsmen he earned the rank of Captain after Grognak died during a bandit raid 5 days earlier. Showing extreme courage and extreme leadership during the raid he earned the name Eddard Bear-blood.

Ten years later he recieved a message from the Imperial city. The great war had begun. He dispatched 300 men to the legion and rationed food to Skingrad. The Count of Chorrol, Sir Baron of Bruma, also a Nord, had lent him the power of such, considering they were close friends. Soon after the war had begun the Legion was desperate for troops and requested more Soldiers from Chorrol. Eddard knew that if he sent anymore men Chorrol would be defenseless against everything.Leaving 150 guards he and five men left to join the war. Sir Baron named Eddard a hero of Chorrol and took charge of his city. On the way to the front Eddard found the Grandmaster of the knights of the Nine dead along the road and gave him aid. The Knight, also a Nord, rewarded Eddard with his Sword, the Sword of the crusader (especially deadly to elves). Eddard and his band made it to the Imperial city.

During the war he met Galmar Stone-Fist and Ulfric Stormcloak, this was when he learned of their relation. They were all captured and taken prisoner by the elves. During their imprisonment Galmar and Eddard became friends and Ulfric considered him kin. They gave the elves no such pleasure as to information on the attack. Ulfric only spoke of him being the son of the Jarl of Windhelm and the elves allowed Ulfric, Eddard and Galmar to escape. They said their goodbyes and went seperate ways.

After losing the war he settled in Bruma and became a popular citizen and town Blacksmith. When he caught word of Ulfrics rebellion in "Olaf's tap and tack" he left for Skyrim, leaving his valuables to Olaf the VII. On his way through pale pass he killed a Legate and slaughtered an Imperial patrol. Making his way past Fort Nuegrad he stopped when he saw Ulfric in the carriage and attempted to free him. Ralof and Ulfric both were bound and Eddard (my character) was surrounded by mass amounts of Legion troops and was wounded and taken prisoner after announcing himself to be Ulfric's brother. Not long afterwards a horsethief was captured and thrown in with them. Eddard being tired from the fighting passed out and awoke just outside of Helgen. Ralof and him became good friends. Fighting side by side in the War.

During the events in Skyrim Eddard joined the Stormcloaks, knowing they were the true side to join if anyone had any honor and self respect, restored Talos worship, because he disliked the fact that the Imperials he sacraficed his own blood for would turn their backs on the very man who founded the Empire, killed the Emporer, became the next Harbinger of the Companions, became the High Thane, became a part of Ulfric's council, married Sylgja of Shors Stone, became a bard, and became known as Talos or Stormcrown and had two Strong boys named Jon and Robb Stark. Jon was a bastard child of Eddard. When he was away at war in Whiterun he "knew" Ysolda and had Jon. Naming him Jon Snow. Eddard started the Noble family of the Starks of Windhelm, mixing with the Cruel-seas and Shatter-shields. Starting the spread of Nobility, wealth and prosperity through Windhelm. He also found the Shatter-shields family Warhammer and bestowed it upon Torbjorn Shatter-shield. The Families became very intermixed and nearly became one. Eddard also housed Angrenor Once Honored as a family member along with Rallf Stone-Fist.

Eddard also rebuilt Winterhold and restored it to it's original power. He restored all of Skyrim to its full power and helped organize stronger armies for the Stormcloaks. Leaving behind a legacy to be known as one of Skyrims greatest heroes. Poverty in Skyrim became a rarity. He built a city outside of Riften for the Dark elves to live in. Allowing more Nords to move to the new Snow-quarter in Windhelm.

Yes . . . I took it to the next level.

Clade-170

May 25, 2013
My Character is simply known as Grar. At least thats all his dead beat father called him. He is A Nord born in the city of Riften. Life growing up for Grar was not easy and the Theif's guild didnt make things better especialy since his own father was in deep with them. His mother was to scared to take action against his father when he abused him, so she was just as bad. One day Grar felt he had anough and decided to runaway from Riften. He was only 17 years old,but it was when his life truelly bagan. The young Nord became fiercely independent and self reliant. He wandered all over Skyrim in search of adventure and fortune. Soon that same drive drove him to leave Skyrim altogether to see the rest of Tamriel. His travels took him from High rock to the Argonian home land of Black marsh. His interaction with diffrent peoples and ideas gave him a new found respect for all the diffrent races of the world,However, he still had a tough time getting along with the high elves. As the years went by the young Man grew into a fierce Nord warrior. Give him a shield and blade and he can take any one on. He always fought for what he believed was right and was the good decision. Soon he started having dreams of his homeland, dreams of a terrible beast that destroyed everything in its path. Troubled by these dreams he decided to return to Skyrim hoping to find answers to what they mean. Only as he crossed the border he suddenly found himself surrounded by Imperial forces who happened to catch him crossing paths with the stormcloaks they were ambushing.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
My main character, Jo'Kharbhi, was a wandering scholar who had forsaken nearly all wealth, possessions and property to venture across Tamriel all the way from Elsweyr to Skyrim as an intellectual and philosophical pursuit. He is well-read and always sharpens his mind with books and texts, and you will never catch him without a new book or an old favourite on hand to be read at any time. That said, his studies are not purely academic - he purposefully tends to eschew city life in order to live within, study and understand the natural world, as he tends to believe this is a more "pure" way of life (or maybe he just doesn't like people all that much) and he also has a fascination with history and the ancient world, including relics of the past, so he will be found exploring ruins quite regularly.

But, being a solitary scholar out on his own has made him an easy target for bandits. He has long since learned to defend himself against them with his bow, but he was ambushed by a group of thugs north of Bruma and all of his belongings but for his weapon were stolen. He gave chase, intending to get his few important possessions back and see justice done, but crossing the border into Skyrim turned out badly when he and a horse thief bumped into each other and very unluckily stumbled into the wrong place at the wrong time and got caught up in the ambush on Ulfric Stormcloak's men. The Imperials saw a man with his weapon drawn and assumed he was a rebel.

The rest is history.

Werewolffetus

Sep 7, 2013
My character's name is Evannalise.
She was the "daughter" of the great necromancer Mannimarco. She was a dead Aldmer and Mannimarco revived her. She restarted her entire life although. Mannimarco didn't realize she'd be a baby. He left her in Apocrypha with Hermaeus Mora. He raised her until she was old enough to leave. She eventually joined the war with the Aldmeri Dominion to take over the Imperial City. (ESO) and it left her a bit damaged. She had lived for about a thousand years. It was her Aldmer blood keeping her alive for many years. She was even a part of the Oblivion Crisis. She traveled to Skyrim after a while. She was knocked out by the Imperials and that's when the beginning of the game started.