What's your thoughts on... Selfies.

SirDerpy

May 4, 2013
Ten Foot Bunny said:
It's all fun and games until some nekkid chick takes a selfie and it gets sent around the internet and her reputation is forever destroyed.

You clicked here. Don't pretend you didn't! ;)
Aw, oh, GOD, have some decency!

At least wait until she has proper feathers before...oh, jeez...

OT: Well, I mean, I guess if you have a reason for taking a picture...and you're actually alone. I see people taking selfies with their friends, and I get it if it's a group picture, but seriously? Can you not just ask your friend to take a (infinitely better) picture of you?

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
Well, I guess there must be a reason Oxford Dictionary labelled it as Word of the Year: 2013. If it encapsulates a lot of what the young'uns of our day are doing, then it seems like a product of the times and that's pretty much it. It gives people a lot of motivation to get out there and take (hopefully) interesting pictures.

TheIceQueen

Sep 15, 2013
I don't care. I have a lot better things in my life to ***** about than people taking photos of themselves.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
So now if I take a photo of myself, I must call it a selfie?
What wrong with you people? Stop with these bullsh*t names!
Just said you took a photo of yourself. NOT selfie!

But yeah, no problem in reality, only with the name.....plehx

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Baffle said:
Why do we call an autobiography an autobiography, not 'A book I wrote about myself'?
Because autobiography sounds like a proper word and not something some stupid teenagers came up with.

Jesterscup

Sep 9, 2014
I don't care really.....
No thats a lie an utter lie, I'm deeply jealous... I find it near impossible to take a good photograph of myself... to the point where the only photos of me that I ever use ( in both a personal and a professional level) are those taken by professionals or gifted enthusiasts... and even then I'm usually unhappy.
But then again, I'm deeply vain and narcissistic.

If someone can take a good selfie let them, if it bugs you block/unfriend them for being too beautiful for you ( did I just lose all my friends?.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
They're okay, I guess. I've only done it maybe once, and even then it was just for a joke.

I wasn't aware there was any reason to discuss "them," really. It's just a thing people do nowadays.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Eh, take or leave 'em.
The really creative ones I like and any one where I can't see the person's arm (which I understand is tricky but it *is* possible) I think are pretty good. I dislike the mirror ones. I understand they're the easiest to do which is why I don't hate them, I don't even dislike them *that* much but they just seem, I don't know, *too* easy.
Put some effort in your selfies, you scrubs!

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
The selfie craze is a symptom of the narcissistic, self-esteem-whether-you-deserve-it-or-not mentality so many people seem to have nowadays. I don't hate people who take them, I just think assuming everyone cares what you're doing all the time is self-indulgent crap. I've never taken a selfie and I never will.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
I hate it because its not interesting content. Picture of yourself to capture a moment as say "i was here" is fine. Just duckfacing for the camera=hide person from my feed.

Reasons I don't take them 1. they come across as fishing for attention (ie no make up selfie looking for all the your so pretty comments) 2. comes across as bragging or humble bragging. (ie posting a selfie from your new office/plane/car/vacation spot) 3. It is usually breaking my rule of social media content of only 1/3rd of post being about yourself. 4. It just reeks of vanity.

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
In principle I have no problem with them, they can commemorate a moment or share a location with your friends.

Some people do it WAY too much. Case in point a friend of mine who works as a model with my lady actually got up IN THE MIDDLE OF A PHOTOSHOOT to take a Selfie of herself doing the photoshoot.

I wasn't there for this shoot but if I had been I would have told her "You're WORKING right now, take pictures of yourself after the photographer is done taking pictures of you!"

(EDIT: WOOO!!!! 600th Post!)

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
They are nice until it becomes a 500mb album on facebook of exactly the same thing. You know kind of like the Spiderman movies.