What's your view on nudity?

Aschenkatza

Jan 14, 2009
dragontiers said:
Actually, during the Victorian era, a woman showing her ankles was considered as sexy as a woman flashing most of her breasts would be now. People from that era would literally faint from embarrassment if they saw someone in more modern clothing.
They also had a big thing about showing feet. Hilarious because even prostitutes would cover their ankles/feet in socks yet allow other parts of flesh to show.
cuddly_tomato said:
The world no longer stones homosexuals or adulterers, witches are no longer burned at the stake, and the world has certainly moved on from the point in which Religion determines what, how, and when we do things.
Surprisingly, during the Salem Witch Trials, there was never a "witch" burned at the stake. They were all hung or died in prison trying to pay their jail fees. Burning of accused withes stopped decades[maybe centuries] before the colonies were founded.
"Witches" are still being rounded up and killed to this day. In fact on March 19th, some 300 people were recently taken into confinement in Gambia for being "witches".
-"The rights group said victims were "forced to drink unknown substances that cause them to hallucinate and behave erratically. Many are then forced to confess to being a witch. In some cases, they are severely beaten, almost to the point of death"."
http://news.scotsman.com/12007/Outcry-as-1000-39witches39-rounded.5086676.jp

Add to all that - women covered their breasts prior to the introduction of Christianity in Europe.
While breasts are covered up in European societies, several places don't view breasts as sexual objects. They are just parts of the body, some societies cover up because it is exposed flesh, others don't cover anything above the waist.

I personally like clothing cuz it's pretty. Plus some of it feels really nice, like silks and lace. I mean if your really comfortable with yourself then you can be naked in your house, but please don't walk around in public ^^;

Ghadente

White Rabbit
Mar 21, 2009
Flying-Emu said:
Ghadente said:
I'm going to ask you to kindly A) stop insulting religion by assuming that it causes everything wrong with the world and B) be respectful enough while talking about the God of Judeo-Christianity to properly capitalize His name.
A) Wake up, religion does have a root in just about every problem in the world, quit being so blind
B) lol so i'm disrecpecting your so-called "god" because i type a lower case g, wow... that's petty

Ghadente

White Rabbit
Mar 21, 2009
seamusotorain said:
gingerbreadgrl9 said:
it would be normal
But then what would be sexy? I like nudity, as long as it's between 2 loving, consenting people.
Ghadente said:
The problem people have with nudity stems from religion. The main example most will relate to is the "Adam & Eve" story. Practically God says "nudity is bad".
King James said:
And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed...

And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
So, we can blame many things, but we can't blame God.
I wasn't blaming "god" or any other questionable being, i was stating a fact that religion has negatively influenced society's view on nudity.

as for quoting Kings James bible... well if its in the bible it must be true! right? lol don't throw them fairy tale stories at me, i've already read them.

The_Killing_Name

Dec 29, 2008
What's my view on nudity?
Full.

EDIT: No, srsly, kidding. If everyone was naked all the time, what would be special to have with a significant other? Nudity with a significant other is special, to me. And I think it should remain special. It's not the idea of nudity that makes me not want everyone to be naked all the time. It's just that, it wouldn't be the same anymore =/

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Ghadente said:
Flying-Emu said:
Ghadente said:
I'm going to ask you to kindly A) stop insulting religion by assuming that it causes everything wrong with the world and B) be respectful enough while talking about the God of Judeo-Christianity to properly capitalize His name.
A) Wake up, religion does have a root in just about every problem in the world, quit being so blind
B) lol so i'm disrecpecting your so-called "god" because i type a lower case g, wow... that's petty
My friend, I'm not being blind. Perhaps you're the one ignoring the facts. How is religion the root of world hunger, when religious institutions place billions of dollars into aid relief? How is religion the root of corruption and greed, when everything in the Judeo-Christian Bible speaks against it?

The Church is the root of evil in the world. Stop being your so-called "blind" and realize that religion was just a facet for a few crazed bastards to fuck over the world. Religion was used as propaganda; that does not make it evil. You can't see that, and you dare call me blind?

And yes, you ARE disrespecting my God by not capitalizing that "G". It's not like it's extremely hard, and it's the difference between coming off as an asshole and coming off as an intelligent opponent of religion.

This has devolved into a flaming of religion. I only fixed someone's incorrect story of Adam and Eve, and this is what happens. Maybe it's not religion that's the root of the world's problems, maybe it is. But people like you sure as HELL aren't making it better.

This will be my last post on the topic. Have a nice day.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
SmilingKitsune said:
Nudity facinates me(no not in that way), take for instance breasts, what is it about this particular part of a woman's body that's so incredibly arousing?
I think it has a lot to do with it being taboo, imagine a world where everyone covered up their ears, would it make ears instantly sexy?
Why are breasts so arousing? Because they're the perfect toy that's why. The ears part...I don't think so.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
I think that nudity is... ummm...

Hard topic. Can't say much about it really... But I can say that all of the subliminal messages of nudity in Kids TV shows is wrong. I wouldn't like Penises to come up in my kids Films and TV shows as it is wrong.
Go see an original copy of the Rescuers for example. It had a photo of a naked women in it! 5 Year olds watch that film! It is despicable.
Up in those towers where they made that rescuers scene, I hope someone got fired...

Try and find my own subliminal message in that block of text. Cookie for the person that finds it.

The_Killing_Name

Dec 29, 2008
Flying-Emu said:
Ghadente said:
Flying-Emu said:
Ghadente said:
My friend, I'm not being blind. Perhaps you're the one ignoring the facts. How is religion the root of world hunger, when religious institutions place billions of dollars into aid relief? How is religion the root of corruption and greed, when everything in the Judeo-Christian Bible speaks against it?

The Church is the root of evil in the world. Stop being your so-called "blind" and realize that religion was just a facet for a few crazed bastards to fuck over the world. Religion was used as propaganda; that does not make it evil. You can't see that, and you dare call me blind?

And yes, you ARE disrespecting my God by not capitalizing that "G". It's not like it's extremely hard, and it's the difference between coming off as an asshole and coming off as an intelligent opponent of religion.

This has devolved into a flaming of religion. I only fixed someone's incorrect story of Adam and Eve, and this is what happens. Maybe it's not religion that's the root of the world's problems, maybe it is. But people like you sure as HELL aren't making it better.

I was going to ignore this flame war about religion, but after this, I just can't.
You, sir, are a fucking retard.
I have NO problem with religion, you can believe whatever the hell you like. But, seriously. How is religion the root of corruption and greed? Are you fucking blind? Yeah, religion is used as an excuse. But that in itself, makes it a bad thing. If it can be used as an excuse, an excuse that people fucking believe, how on EARTH does that make it a good thing? Does anyone know what the crusades are? Thousands dead. Because of fucking religion. And you can't just say 'it was because of Islam', because it fucking wasn't. It was because Richard the Lionheart came and tried to force Christianity upon the people of the Middle East who were quite happy with the religion they already had, thank you very much. Is that a good thing? Do you think that's right? Do you? I'll wait for your answer.

GBlair88

Jan 10, 2009
Shapsters said:
c)If I came across a remotely hot girl I would have to stare at a naked old person to get rid of my...
Cumming across a hot girl, good trick if you can do it.....

Standing to attention in front of her would mean you waste less time flirting etc. and she would just know you're attracted to her straight away. So there are benefits.

On the other hand it still feels like winter here and is rather cold......

Ghadente

White Rabbit
Mar 21, 2009
Flying-Emu said:
Ghadente said:
Flying-Emu said:
Ghadente said:

You are so sure those "billions of dollars" goes to aid relief, why? Just because a religion speaks out against corruption and greed does not mean the people in that religion follow those teachings, even the leaders are known to be corrupt. Try looking up some history of christianity and you can see how corrupt and greedy (not to mention power hungry) christians were, are, and can be.
If not capitolizing a letter is offensive to you, that is so sad that you put so much meaning into a letter. g is a letter, god is a word, at best its an idea. If your "god" is going to get upset that someone uses a lower case g, how fucking pathetic is that?
I am trying to open peoples eyes to a little truth that religion isn't necessary and that it has had more of a negative effect on the world than positive. The owrld needs more people to be free thinking and open minded, without the hypocrisies and falacies of religion to burden us.
and i'm not surprise that you will stop posting, typical religous fanatic turns his back on a discussion that even slightly argues against their beliefs

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Pyronox said:
Catkid906 said:
I think that nudity is... ummm...

Hard topic. Can't say much about it really... But I can say that all of the subliminal messages of nudity in Kids TV shows is wrong. I wouldn't like Penises to come up in my kids Films and TV shows as it is wrong.
Go see an original copy of the Rescuers for example. It had a photo of a naked women in it! 5 Year olds watch that film! It is despicable.
Up in those towers where they made that rescuers scene, I hope someone got fired...

Try and find my own subliminal message in that block of text. Cookie for the person that finds it.
Hard penises go up?
Cookie for you!
*Hands Pyronox a cookie*