What's your workout like.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
All in the title. What's your work out routine like?

I recently started working out at the on-campus gym--nice place. I work mostly on cardio, I'm eventually going to move to some strength building.
Right now, I start with 5 miles on a stationary bike, row 5k, then run 2 miles on the tredmile. All of this takes me about an hour and a half.

Dec 14, 2009
Well I start at a new job tomorrow.

I'm cycling there and back, about 4-5 miles each way.

That should get rid of this food baby I've been cultivating :D

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:

I'm cycling ther and back, about 4-5 miles each way.

If you're trying to get rid of Balloon Belly via cycling, you're going to have a bad time.

Namely a large amount of loose skin around the midsection.

OT: Well, being in the army, I suit up with my equipment, shoulder a 30 kilo pack, grab my rifle and go on 20km marches.

Or I DID, before all that got me a nice potentially permanent injury...

Did I mention I hate the army?

Dec 14, 2009
SomeLameStuff said:
Daystar Clarion said:

I'm cycling ther and back, about 4-5 miles each way.

If you're trying to get rid of Balloon Belly via cycling, you're going to have a bad time.

Namely a large amount of loose skin around the midsection.

OT: Well, being in the army, I suit up with my equipment, shoulder a 30 kilo pack, grab my rifle and go on 20km marches.

Or I DID, before all that got me a nice potentially permanent injury...

Did I mention I hate the army?
Nah man, not fat by any means :D

Just a bit doughy around the edges.

Jarsh82

Sep 17, 2012
last week
Monday-front squat 5-5-5-5-3-3-3-1 with increasing weight
50-40-30-20-10 kettlebell swings double under jump rope and wall balls done under the clock
Wednesday-obstacle course/see how many times I can run through it in 40min
Thrusday-5-4-3-2-1 deadlift with increasing weight, rope ascent, turkish getups, medicine ball burpees
Friday-21-15-9-6-3-1 clean and jerk with increasing weight, pullups, bar facing burpees

Today was 5-5-5-3-3-1 squat cleans with increasing weight
30 squat cleans at 95 pounds, 50 burpees, 50 floor wipers, 50 push ups, 30 box jumps

I run as well.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I, like, cycle some places and stuff.

I should really start actually working out. >_>

Wolf-AUS

Feb 13, 2010
Like Jarsh82, I do crossfit in the morning and in the afternoon I'll usually just do straight heavy weights or swimming depending on how I feel from the morning or after work etc. I hope you like the gym and can develop as much of a passion for fitness and health as the other people in this thread :)

corvuscorrax

Sep 20, 2012
My workouts are not traditional or on a schedule for that matter.

I love go power hiking to the top of a beautiful trail, enjoy the sights upon arrival, and then blast down the mountain in a spectacularly dangerous fashion.

Nothing gets my blood pumping like that.

Im blessed to live near a good number of not only awe-inspiring but physically challenging mountain trails.

Jarsh82

Sep 17, 2012
corvuscorrax said:

I love go power hiking to the top of a beautiful trail, enjoy the sights upon arrival, and then blast down the mountain in a spectacularly dangerous fashion.

Im blessed to live near a good number of not only awe-inspiring but physically challenging mountain trails.
Sounds like fun.
I'm a little bit jealous.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
I swim roughly 2000 yards twice a week

I'll be doing that roughly everyday come November

LET'S DO THIS

corvuscorrax

Sep 20, 2012
Jarsh82 said:
corvuscorrax said:

Sounds like fun.
I'm a little bit jealous.
Super fun, anytime you're visting friends or family in a mountainous area you should make a point to try it out.

Can be very exhausting the first time but if you've got semi-decent cardio it's fine, I mean I'm a habitual smoker and still make a point to do it.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I do about 5 minutes of stretching, then I do some push-ups. I then do some exercises for my core and proceed to do sit-ups. After that, I pick up some dumbbells and do various lifting exercises. I then hop on the treadmill for about 1~2 miles (depending on how I'm feeling that day), and if there is time, I go outside and shoot some hoops and run some plays. I then walk around a bit to cool down, and drink some ice cold water.

I also make it a habit to do a lot of my chores early in the day, while still wearing my workout clothes, so that I could get a little extra sweat out of my body.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:

I'm cycling there and back, about 4-5 miles each way.

Won't that mean you'll show up to work all sweaty and gross? Or are there showers at your new job?

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Pushups and situps on whatever schedule I happen to settle into, combined with nightly perambulations of my neighborhood. I manage to keep my svelte figure by not eating. It's super healthy

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
I typically start out with a chest exercise (bench if its open or machines if it's not). Then i'll alternate muscle groups as I go around the gym. After the first chest, I'll do some curls with dumbells (those barbells hurt my forearm bones for some reason >_> much prefer dumbells). LOVE the triceps press too. It hits parts of your triceps that don't normally get worked in the "dip" motion. At the end, I'll get my back with rows or lat pulldown but I have a pull up bar that I use throughout the day.

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
Vinyasa on Monday, Thursday, and Sunday.
Pilates on Wednesday

I am in pain all week.
I also walk nearly everywhere I go which doesn't help the pain problem.

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
I do swimming, an hour a day. I go 40 minutes of laps at moderate pace, and 20 minutes of treading water, with 1 minute breaks every 5 or so. It's actually not hard, at least for me, since I don't get too hot when I'm working out, I absolutely HATE sweating.

Arbi Trax

Jul 13, 2011
I've just about finished phase 2 of P90x, so my routine is this:

Monday: Chest, Shoulders & Triceps

Tuesday: Plyometrics

Wednesday: Back and Biceps

Thursday: Kenpo* (It was Yoga but I felt I needed more cardio)

Friday: Legs and Back

Saturday: Kenpo*

Sunday: Weep.

This, combined with a super strict diet, has caused me to lose about 8% of my body fat in ~60 days, and stack up some rather impressive muscles too. However, I'm feeling knackered! Never mind...36 days to go...

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
I walk everywhere... mostly cause I don;t own a car... but that's about it...

I hate working out... I'd rather be fat, lazy and miserable... than fit and miserable... at least in the former I get to spend all my time eating red meat and being lazy... and there's no expectation for me to do anything with my life...<.<

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Lots and lots of walking, both on flat and up/down stairs.

I may not get allot of upper body exercise but it keeps me fit.