When Bored at Work...

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Fappy said:
What do you do when you're bored at work? I usually browse this site if nothing's going on at work, but sometimes I am so bored that it's not enough.
Man, I'm jealous of you fuckers who can browse Esc during your downtime. All internet forums are blocked at work...

So I end up spending average a couple hours writing crap and browsing Reuters (yes, how high class...) and Wikipedia (yes, how low brow...)

-_-

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
I browse this site, Cracked, Bleacher Report, Huffington Post, Moviefone, Rotten Tomatoes and ESPN. ESPN is great because it has a bunch of podcasts of shows I can listen to even while I work. On the really, really slow days I'll break out the tablet and watch Hulu.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
SckizoBoy said:
Man, I'm jealous of you fuckers who can browse Esc during your downtime. All internet forums are blocked at work...
It depends on the job. If you have a little bit of downtime, yeah, it's great. I, on the other hand, have an obscene amount of downtime. In a given 8-hour shift, I only do maybe four hours worth of work on a busy day. I do data entry and customer service for a fairly small company. Because of the company's size, there's not a whole lot of data to enter, and not very many customers to serve... so that leaves me sitting at a desk with nothing to do for long stretches of time. Even with forums, it's pretty mind-numbingly boring by Wednesday when I start to feel like I've already seen pretty much the entire internet.

When I got hired to this job I thought it was going to be awesome, getting paid to mostly do stuff I'd do anyway in my free time... but it turned into a total Monkey's Paw situation where I got everything I wanted, but the catch is that now the things I used to love don't entertain me all that much anymore.

Desperately in need of a more engaging job.

:(

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Fappy said:
You know I can deep-throat a banana? I'd be such a boon to the gay community had I been a homosexual.

This thread got weird fast >.>
Most guys don't have banana shaped peepees though. Bananas are way easier than the real deal. I used to play DrawSomething on my phone in class, or Facebook.

Averant

Jul 6, 2010
I would say that this thread got off topic fast, but it was made by Fappy. I'm not sure it ever had a concrete topic.

JochemHippie

Trippin' balls man.
Jan 9, 2012
Fappy said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I think I should work at a sex hotline. I'd be pretty awesome at it I think.

You know I can deep-throat a banana? I'd be such a boon to the gay community had I been a homosexual.

This thread got weird fast >.>
Amateur, I can deepthroat a cucumber.
Get on my level!

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Fappy said:
What do you do when you're bored at work? I usually browse this site if nothing's going on at work, but sometimes I am so bored that it's not enough. So I made this recently:

I know, I know, I am brilliant.
I usually don't have enough down time at work to do anything when I'm bored (apart from the boring data entry work I'm doing).
...Didn't we just have this conversation? Back in the awkward moment thread? I envy your freedom :(

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
When I'm bored at work, I reiterate the message that male birth control should be a thing. As a fellow co-worker explained, "It's easier to unload a gun than shoot it into a bulletproof vest."

Captcha: zombie prom. Yeah, pretty much.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
When I'm bored at work, I reiterate the message that male birth control should be a thing. As a fellow co-worker explained, "It's easier to unload a gun than shoot it into a bulletproof vest."

There is that super-cheap testicular injection they came up with in India that is currently going through medical trials in the US. We should have it in a few years time. I'm getting it ASAP.

Rogue 9

I, Jedi
Jun 22, 2008
I work in a call centre environment, although it's actually a business faults area for a Telco, so my busy-ness depends on how many calls we get. Some days it's non-stop, other days I get some substantial periods of time to kill.

In my not-on-the-phone time over the last month I've been reading through the entirety of the Detective Conan/Case Closed manga series, all 800+ chapters, after previously reading through all of Bleach, Katekyo Hitman Reborn and Fairy Tail. Having finally made it up to date with Detective Conan, I'm now catching up on Jimquisition.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
At the moment, as a kitchenhand, I only get 2 hours, and have not once been able to leave on time. So whenever I have a free moment I'm frantically looking for something to fill it. Because every second I'm not doing anything is a second after 6 I leave.

At Uni, on the other hand, I draw all over the blank sides of any sheets given. Like a disease. Nothing is left untouched.

Funnily enough, the Lab Manual got that treatment in the 5 minutes before they said it would have to be returned in good condition. But that's their fault for waiting 5 minutes.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Fappy said:
There is that super-cheap testicular injection they came up with in India that is currently going through medical trials in the US. We should have it in a few years time. I'm getting it ASAP.
I should have NOT drank tea while reading this.

Aside from the obvious joke, what does this..."injection" accomplish? Lowered sperm count? Complete sterility? Elephantitis?

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
I try to have conversations with my underlings/minions/toadies/etc. But MY management seems to think that my downtime (which I have none 99% of the days I work). is best spent doing menial tasks that have no effect on the front end of the store. Such as telling the cashiers what their SPH(Scans Per Hour) is, and how to improve it (despite the fact that no one in the ENTIRE STORE has a stable one... Mine goes between 1200 and 3000, and I can't find any connection to the rises and falls).

That and I keep getting stopped by one manager in particular and am being asked to "direct traffic", when I am HELPING A FUCKING CUSTOMER. Or when I'm going to my first break 6 hours after clocking in... (Why are you taking your break when you have lines?)

If by some chance I get ANY downtime... I usually BS with my coworkers. When I first started I had a boss that I spent the first 2 hours of my shift talking about WoW, but he moved to a bigger store.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Well, if I got distracted from my work, people could drown...

So I can't really get bored

CONSTANT VIGILANCE OVER THE INNOCENTS!

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Well, back when I was employed, I read a book (just a little book of facts, that way I wouldn't get too into it and ignore work), but the managers didn't want me doing that (even though it'd be ten at night and about the only people that would come in would be a handful of alcoholics), so I'd often resort to doodling on some paper.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Listen to my ipod loudly, check this site and take extra breaks. As I work unsupervised and no one comes round that my side of the office at night, there is no chance of being caught out. Only plus really, as my work night is mainly pressing ctrl + p and wondering how much of the rain forest destruction is a result of this. I wonder if I can get one of those bird things Homer Simpson used to do my job while I play games.

Fappy said:
CrazyCapnMorgan said:

I was intrigued until the words testicular injection 0.0

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
Fappy said:
I should have NOT drank tea while reading this.

Aside from the obvious joke, what does this..."injection" accomplish? Lowered sperm count? Complete sterility? Elephantitis?
Here you go brother: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reversible_inhibition_of_sperm_under_guidance

It sounds like a godsend if it has no major side effects.

The Artificially Prolonged said:
I should have said "scrotal" or something to that effect. Read teh link. The worst part of the operation is probably mild soreness afterwards.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
I watch youtube videos. Lately it's been a lot of TF2 STAR videos.

Love the market gardening. I'm getting good at it myself.