When is a Door Not a Door?

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Can't stop thinking of Dylan Moran:

"You end up eating bread from the bag, dipping it in anything runnier than bread"

Branindain

Jul 3, 2013
The thing about Nutella is, I don't actually think it goes well with bread. I would ONLY eat it out of the jar.

Mike Fang

Mar 20, 2008
JimB said:
Mike Fang said:
I believe this qualifies as a "weaksauce joke."
You're allowed to think that. Do recall that comics are a visual medium, though, and a lot of the punchline is the slow buildup of the last three panels and the look on Erin's face.
Her expression doesn't change. Maybe if she'd wagged her eyebrows at her room mate, or her room mate had facepalmed, that would at least be a reaction of some sort.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
Mike Fang said:
Her expression doesn't change.
Whose? There are two women in the strip, neither of whose expressions change in the final three panels (which is part of the joke--"I don't give a fuck" versus "my disgust with you remains unchanged"--so I'm curious as to whom you're referring to.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
2xDouble said:
canadamus_prime said:
I'm not sure I get it. So a door is not a door when it's a smartass game critic eating nutella?
lacktheknack said:
Guilty as charged.

EVERYONE here will be guilty as charged, and they're lying if they say they aren't. :D
WRONG! I don't eat Nutella.
HOLD IT! You, sir, are guilty of not eating Nutella. confirm/deny?

OT: I also don't eat that stuff, I much prefer peanut butter. Regardless, Erin should know better... sticky fingers all over the controller... *grumble*
I think I already confirmed that. So yeah I plead guilty to not eating Nutella.
Precisely. By your own admission, guilty as charged.

CASE CLOSED.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
piinyouri said:
What's Nutella?
It's a hazelnut "chocolate" spread. You would've been just as quick Googling that question instead of making a two-word post and leaving yourself open to a low content warning.

Do people so actively dislike navigating away from whatever site they're browsing?

Mike Fang

Mar 20, 2008
JimB said:
Whose? There are two women in the strip, neither of whose expressions change in the final three panels (which is part of the joke--"I don't give a fuck" versus "my disgust with you remains unchanged"--so I'm curious as to whom you're referring to.
I think you just answered your own question. But specifically I was referring to Erin's expression. In fact I don't think her expression changes throughout the entire strip. And neither does her room mates, so, yeah, doesn't seem like much of a joke.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
Mike Fang said:
I was referring to Erin's expression. In fact I don't think her expression changes throughout the entire strip. And neither does her roommate's, so, yeah, doesn't seem like much of a joke.
I don't know what to make of your insistence that jokes require facial expression changes, but in the end I was just curious about which "her" you were referring to, so thanks for the answer.

wAriot

Jan 18, 2013
Over 130 comments? Surprising, since this one doesn't have anything to do with pirating, sexism (and other -ism's), or any other controversial topic.

OT: Why would I use my hands when I have a SPOON? Also, cookies > bread.

wildpeaks

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Dec 25, 2008
If you think Nutella is too sweet, you'd die if you ever tried concentrated milk: it's made of rainbows and the tears of joys of kittens.