Where would you like to see the next GTA take place in?

willsham45

Apr 14, 2009
Well if you go back to the original it was always liberty, vice city and san andreas

There was that london expantion GTA 4 london would be cool, but a gta 4 afied vice city could be cool as would sandreas especilly if the size difference was equivilent to gta 3 and 4.

But altermatly I would like to see a GTA my home city, in this case cardiff.

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
Somewhere in Britain, with the main character voiced by and modelled after Jason Statham. English gangsters are pretty cool. I just want Rock'N'Rolla: the videogame. If you disagree, you shall go seek help this second.

UberMore

Sep 7, 2008
Leftnt Sharpe said:
UberMore said:
Rule Britannia said:
London England (Refrain from looking at my username :p) I just think it would be awesome :D
London would be awesome!
And they could do the neighbouring areas too.

Lots of big roads, pedestrians, changes of scenery AND a wealth of different accents and stereotypes Rockstar could take the piss out of really well.

Bring one of my favourite games to my capital city, and a happy man I shall be!
Well Essex is basically our equivalent of new Jersey.
The Only Way is Essex is pretty much the English version of The Jersey Shore.

They must now base the game in either Essex or New Jersey so we can destroy the cast!

CharlesBronson

Jun 12, 2010
THEJORRRG said:
Nairobi. Seriously, I have never seen such variety in a city. The difference between rich and poor areas is sudden and jaw-droppingly shocking.

teebeeohh said:
Sarpedon said:
Berlin.

Maybe East Berlin and West Berlin could be two seperate halves of the map, essentially forming two separate cities in the game.
so you want the game to be set in the 50's?

otherwise this would not work and this way it will essentially be low-tech fallout
Actually, that could work very interestingly as a near future GTA. Maybe the Berlin wall is rebuilt, maybe for a different reason this time, and your character is caught in the middle of the two opposing sides.
This actually isn't a terrible idea. Think of the movie Buffalo Soldiers where "Walking Pheonix" plays a GI in the 80's in Germany. He has his own drug lab and spends a lot of time bribing MP's and dealing with seedy characters, this could make for a great time period actually, it gets my vote. But what would Berlin be called in the GTA universe?

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
St. Petersburg or Moscow, so they have iconography to work with. Other far Eastern European cities would work but not many have world recognised landmarks and architecture. Kobe would be elaborate and beautiful also, which is always the most fun sort of place to make some mayhem.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
England would be great fun. I'd be fine with whatever place though, as long as it stayed away from the gritty gray atmosphere that is GTA 4

Anaklusmos

Jun 1, 2010
Azeroth, I'd highjack Deathwing and use him as my mount, could no one else imagine how fun it would be World of Warcraft and Grand Theft Auto combined

Numachuka

Sep 3, 2010
UberMore said:
Rule Britannia said:
London England (Refrain from looking at my username :p) I just think it would be awesome :D
London would be awesome!
And they could do the neighbouring areas too.

Lots of big roads, pedestrians, changes of scenery AND a wealth of different accents and stereotypes Rockstar could take the piss out of really well.

Bring one of my favourite games to my capital city, and a happy man I shall be!
I would want all the police cars to says "Rozzers" on them..

Rorschach II

Mar 11, 2009
I thin it would be cool if they redesigned Vice City. Just like they did with Liberty City in GTA IV. Would give alot of opportunity to make it look bright and wonderful :D

titaniumChampion

Nov 27, 2009
Personally, Vice City.

However, I think part of the appeal of the game, from my perspective, was the new cities in each edition published. In this regard they should push the limits and put out a new town, maybe something international.

Furthermore, maybe I'm just crazy, but there are airports in the game. Why not make it so the player could "fly" between cities. Mini-game could have something to do with mile-high club, or air marshals. That way we're not necessarily tied to a single city, and can get some use out of the airport instead of a hub for vehicles.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009

OT:Yes I want the next GTA to be in space. Open-World? OPEN UNIVERSE,*****!

Edit: Damn those ninjas stealing my ideas before I type them!!!

Kadoodle

Nov 2, 2010
Las Vegas or Tokyo would be cool. Detroit is another good idea. Maybe Chicago?

Ladette said:
Set 5000 years in the future. Hover car chases, ray guns, and sex bot prostitutes.
Or this.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
Mr Thin said:
Sydney!

If it's not Australian, it doesn't really matter to me. I don't know the difference between one American city and another.

What's really important is that they have a protagonist as interesting as Niko, but I doubt they can pull that one off.
They made John Marston, R* can do anything.

OT: I'd like to see the next GTA set in somewhere like London, or something. Its just living in the US and always seeing US cities, is boring. I want to see some European cities.

liquidsolid

Feb 18, 2011
Rule Britannia said:
The Streisand effect^

I'd like to see a modern day Vice City. I could imagine it looking beautiful in HD with bloom effects. I would also like the option for planes in order to travel to another city. I know Liberty City has been done to death so maybe they can incorporate another city. London sounds good to me as well.