Which 40K race do you side with?

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
With the announced release of a Warhammer 40.000 MMO, the upcoming "Space Marine" 3rd person action game, and the success of the Dawn of War franchise, I thought it'd be interesting to see which race has the most love from the gaming crowd.

It doesn't matter if you play the tabletop wargame, the computer games, or if you just like the background, throw in your opinion, and let us know who you love and why.

My choice is the Imperium. It's very hard for me to select a specific branch within the Imperium, as it has been my faction of choice for nearly two decades. Since I started playing in 1992, I played with Blood Angels, and I still have them today, but the Imperial Guard, an army I started in the early 2000's, has gained my love and respect due to some stellar performances on the tabletop. I even have an aquila tattoo!

But ultimately I have to go with the faction that started it all for me. The Blood Angels. I absolutely love their background. A chapter that idolizes physical perfection and aesthetics, but which suffers from an internal flaw bigger than even some Traitor Chapters. The Red Thirst, that psychic echo of Sanguinius' brutal death which reduces a Blood Angel to a blood-craving beast.

Their recent retcon upon the re-release of Space Hulk was retarted (95% of the chapter died fighting the Tyranids?! And no-one knew that until now... uh...), but the just-released COdex brings them back to their former glory, and then some.

So, yeah. I'm a Son of Sanguinius first, and a Guardsman second. Be that as it may, my choice is the Imperium.

The Undoer

Sep 13, 2009
Probably going to go Chaos if I start playing the Warhammer 40K, though I do collect Space marines in reality, yet I play Orkz in DoWII. Still, Chaos win the awesome cookie from me.

Triangulon

Nov 20, 2009
I have always been a staunch supporter of the Iron Warriors. Great backstory and a good niche too. Stuck with them through thick and thin. I could even paint them! I also liked the fact that they had a legitimate reason for loosing it and falling to chaos. I also made a kick ass vindicator/leman russ hybrid which suited them down to the ground.

Iron within. Iron without!

Jamielordofgingers

Aug 5, 2009
I like both the Space Marines and Orkz. Space Marines due to their superhuman backstory and their image of saviors of humanity, and Orks cause they're just fun to play as and in the fluff as well

kalt_13

Veteran n00b
Sep 14, 2008
orks

give them someone, anyone to fight and they're happy, gotta love that.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Triangulon said:
I have always been a staunch supporter of the Iron Warriors. Great backstory and a good niche too. Stuck with them through thick and thin. I could even paint them! I also liked the fact that they had a legitimate reason for loosing it and falling to chaos. I also made a kick ass vindicator/leman russ hybrid which suited them down to the ground.

Hm... what reason would that be, other than "No fair, the Imperial Fists get all the glory while we get none, boo-hoo"! :p

The only guys with a valid reason to turn to Chaos are the Alpha Legion (destroy Chaos from within) and maybe the Thousand Sons (warn the Emperor of the Heresy while accidentaly destroying his way into the Eldar webway).

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
chaos, specificly Tzeentch. i love the idea of some evil omniscient deity pulling the strings of the universe so that they line up HIS WAY. also psychic death blasts are fun.

Haunted Serenity

Jul 18, 2009
Tau. I love the power of Mont'Ka and the stealth of Mont'ka. However they will never fully win. the tyranids will eat everyone before that happens lol.

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
On the table top I play Necrons, same for DOW 1.

DoW2 I play space marines and orks.

If I was to play any branch of the Imperium of Man, it would be Imperial Guard. They're the true heros of man, not those wussy space marines running around on steriods in their mega armour of wuss.

I wouldn't touch chaos, just because from reading books, they're too religious and zealot for my liking.

YoBadMama

Apr 21, 2010
I like Tyranids, they came from nowhere abd immediatly started to eat everything in there
path.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
It's a three way between Chaos, the Imperial Guard and the Necrons for me. Chaos plays on my dark side, IG for having such massive balls for taking on the galaxy's horrors in just flak vests with crappy las guns and Necrons just because they kill everything with guass weapons.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Triangulon said:

I take it that you've read that Iron Warriors novel, "Storm of Iron" by McNeill?

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Jesus Phish said:
I wouldn't touch chaos, just because from reading books, they're too religious and zealot for my liking.
That would depend. Some traitor legions like the Word Bearers or the Thousand Sons are all about the worship, but others, specifically the Night Lords, don't give a hoot about the religious side of Chaos and just want all the shiny stuff they can get and have fun while doing it.