Which country is best at gaming?

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
SimuLord said:
For sheer dedication, I have to mention South Korea. They take Starcraft as seriously as 14-year-old me took baseball, with better results and fewer injuries.
This, beacaues they so crazy.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
In europe in, say, Counter-Strike: Source I see A LOT of servers, all marked with [GER] or [Deutchland] or how you write it.

In Asia and probably globally, the South-Koreans or the Japanese.

In Scandinavia, I must say the Swedes, they're actually really good at some games.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
terroristteddy said:
europe=fps
Asia=Not enough time between communism and sax
Japan=embodienment of videogames(no duh)
fixed it for you.

SamFancyPants252

Sep 1, 2009
Jubbsy said:
Every Nation has a least one gamer, most have many more.

Each nation has different cultures and lifestyles that must improve/weaken their gaming skillz.
Which nation is best?
Australia, because I'm in here.
Duh.

On this topic, I just owned your brother on MW2 5 games in a row.

iFail69

Nov 17, 2009
South Korea for RTS any day of the week.
FPS is between Europe and America, but I would say that Europe is the better one

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
The British have the power of being the underdog and prevailing for no reason.

So i'd say in a gaming competition between all the nations us Brits would come out on top in every genre.

Killerbunny001

Oct 23, 2008
Aww the Americans think they are good at FPSs, isn`t that cute...

Anyway, South Korea is a model of dedication to gaming. A model so far out there that it isn`t worth following because 12 hour per day practice sessions sound more like hard work and less like actual playing (playing as there is an enjoyment factor in the equation).

Rishtaka

Sep 12, 2009
Yeah, I'm on the South Korea bandwagon too, some of the videos you see online of their play amazes me.

Darenus

Apr 10, 2008
In terms of gaming the most amount of gold medals are being farmed by the Koreans.

15.236.834.672.543.526 Gold medals,
25 silver medals &
13 copper medals

Apologies to Korea and Korean readers here, just couldn't resist this joke =) No hard feelings.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
Inappropriate joke about [insert country of your choice] beeing lazy, and unemployed, so they've got all the time in the world to game.

Also, escapia. The escapists are teh PWN-sauce.

Acaroid

Aug 11, 2008
terroristteddy said:
America=fps
europe=anything other than an fps
Asia=Not enough time between communism and sax
Japan=embodienment of videogames(no duh)

LoL what? you obviosuly dont play counterstike, european gamers own at 1.6....

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
ALERT! THIS POST IS BIASED!

Mass Effect brings home the bacon for Canada by itself. However, a list is in order:
KOTOR
Dragon Age
Homeworld
Dawn of War
Company of Heroes
Need for Speed
Assassins Creed
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Prototype
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
FIFA Soccer
NBA Live
SSX
Prince of Persia
Counter-Strike
Bully
Max Payne 3
Eternal Darkness: Sanity?s Requiem
Unreal (1998)

Also, more historically there is Dune, Evolution, and B.C.'s Quest For Tires.

I do like Japanese games for their artistic nature and pretty boys, but I can't stand repetitive RPG elements and turn based gameplay. I don't play first or third-person games to think at a chess-like pace, I do that the rest of the day. I love Command and Conquer and Blizzards RTS multiplayer, as well as the first Crysis (German) largely because of the mystery, the stealth elements, and teh jungle environments. New York being destroyed again? Give New Yorkers, and, you know, EVERYONE ELSE a rest and stop having the setting for every game and movie be in New York, its getting old. Only Spiderman and Batman needs to be in New York. That's it. Also, Grand Theft Auto (Scotland) looks like fun, but I hate criminals and gangs.