Which game/sequel are you most disappointed never happened?

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Sinister Minister said:
Absolutely no mention of TimeSplitters 4.

I am disappoint, gamers.
Me too.
Why did I have to get to the third page to see this?

[HEADING=1]I DEMAND TIMESPLITTERS 4![/HEADING]

The Dutchess

Feb 24, 2011
Jade Empire 2!! I still live in hope ... that game was so good. A sequel with updated graphics would be stunning.
Also a proper sequel to Dragon Age: Origins ... I don't hate Dragon Age 2 but it just doesn't feel like part of the same series. I would've prefered another DA:O expansion pack. I hope they step back towards DA:O with the next one.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask

I am disappointed they didn't make a Zelda game that showed what happened to that Link.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Dungeon keeper 3 got cancelled during development. so sad :*(

Oh and I would love to see a baldurs gate with the current generation of graphics, that would be awesome.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
MysticToast said:
Starcraft Ghost. I was honestly pretty excited for it
This.

It had gameplay videos and everything. Such a shame that Blizzard had to permanently halt the game to focus on other games.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
Resident Evil 2/1.5. From the rumors it sounded like Dawn of the Dead in a police precinct. A game like that would be great.

HalfBakedCheeto

Aug 20, 2011
Damn it, i totally forgot about Beyond Good and Evil 2!!!11!1!1 D: I can't wait for that one too, and yeah of course, Timesplitters 4 and Half Life 2: Episode 3..

But, does anyone remember Gitaroo Man? God, i don't know why but i loved that game like heck, and if i had a wish, i'd wish it got a mega awesome sequel. But please don't tell me no one's heard of it. D:

BishopofAges

Sep 15, 2010
I was going to say Plants vs Zombies 2, but then I googled it to check and found they are actually making it, awesome.

For real, I'd have to say I am sad to see no sequal/update/DLC to Poker Night at the Inventory (yeah I know its a cop out, but I did like the game)

Sablestick

Jul 18, 2011
Dungeon keeper 3, I played dungeons, and it did not deliver. Totally different gameplay, plus, no hilarious commentator (Your dungeon is full of yogurt, One of your imps does a lovely impression of you, he can even do the ears)

Timespliters 4, I liked the game, I think it should be continued, although future perfect didn't leave too much room for a sequel what with crow being dead and the timesplitters being defeated.

Age of mythology 2, awesome game, want to see more of it.

Subversion, (Announcement) Holy crap! A new introversion game! (Later) Shit! It isn't being released! Noooooooooooooo!

Battlefront 3, Good shooter, awesome combat, good classes, should come back.

Dawn of war, Some may have hated it, but I like it pre-soulstorm, didn't really get into the second one though, played a lot differently.

Commander Keen, If you have heard of this series, awesome, if you have played one of the games, epic, THE UNIVERSE IS TOAST NEEDS TO BE MADE!

Revenge of the titans, neat little indie tower defense game, there should be more.

Age of wonders, It was really fun with huge sprawling maps and a fun playstyle.

Arcanum, I loved the concept behind this game, it needs to be explored more often.

X-com, NEEDS ANOTHER TITLE NOT DONE BY 2K!

World of goo, Excellent concept with great execution. The goos are hilarious.

Oh yeah I forgot, Raptor Call of the shadows, Kick ass music and epic 2d shooter awesomness

Cyberjester

Oct 10, 2009
Half Life 2, episode 3. I was looking forward to that too.

On a more serious note, Mirrors Edge, Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, and Beyond Good and Evil were all games I felt deserved a sequel. Call of Cthulhu even had a few lined up but the company went out of business. ;_;

Brink should get one, it's a good game with a terrible launch and worse publicity. A sequel might be enough to get that type of shooter up and running.

EDIT:

Sablestick said:
Dawn of war, Some may have hated it, but I like it pre-soulstorm, didn't really get into the second one though, played a lot differently.
Forgot that one, very fun. Wish they'd just released more expansions for it with more races and maps instead of turning into Company of Heroes. On par with C&C Generals for fun factor even without ten nuclear missiles or writing "fire" in kanji into someone's base with the particle cannon.

loudestmute

Oct 21, 2008
Dead Rush. Back in 2004, Treyarch was working on a zombie game. The "grunts" were the 28 Days Later type that most zombie games these days save for special occasions. Sandbox gameplay was divided between defending well-lit survivor outposts (zombies were equally vulnerable to bullets and flashlights), searching for car upgrades, and driving your Frankenstein'd ride back to a safe house before a mutant dog the size of a tank tore away the last of your body panels.

Activision pulled the plug on the project despite being close to finished. And for the first time, I started noticing publishers making bad decisions.

Jonsbax said:
A sequel to Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy.

An undeservedly forgotten game with probably the best mix of action and stealth I've ever seen... WITH MIND POWERS! The story kinda sucked, but it did end with a shitty cliffhanger and the gameplay, while awesome, still had a lot of room to build and improve upon.
Agreed. As much fun as it was using telekinesis to "surf" over a bottomless pit, it's a shame no one tried creating even a remotely similar mechanic in the years since.

Cyberjester

Oct 10, 2009
loudestmute said:
Jonsbax said:
A sequel to Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy.

An undeservedly forgotten game with probably the best mix of action and stealth I've ever seen... WITH MIND POWERS! The story kinda sucked, but it did end with a shitty cliffhanger and the gameplay, while awesome, still had a lot of room to build and improve upon.
Agreed. As much fun as it was using telekinesis to "surf" over a bottomless pit, it's a shame no one tried creating even a remotely similar mechanic in the years since.
What about Second Sight? It's advertised as including telekinesis. Regretfully I haven't played either of them, too much to play, too little time.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
Pokemon Snap.

Seriously, I would buy a brand new Nintendo console if it had Pokemon Snap 2, I mean there's over 600 of the damn things, and I loved taking photos of the 40 or so they had on the N64

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
The only game I can really thing of that could've used a sequel was Clive Barkers: Undying. Instead it seems the last of his video game license and credibility was wasted on Jericho. Which I didn't find that horrible, just mediocre. But Undying, that was a classic. I may even be inclined to say that Skyrim stole it's dual wield weapon/magic system from it, if only to create some controversy. The game was the closest thing to Lovecraft and Poe having a deformed monster baby you could ask for.

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
Grim Fandando 2. It could be with entirely different characters, but I just want to revisit that beautiful world again.

Also, HL2 Ep 3 etc.