Which game/sequel are you most disappointed never happened?

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
The Dreamfall aka The Longest Journey 2.
It ends with cliffahanger and more loose ends than i can count.
It's also this f*cking amazing game that could teach a thing or two to every other title claiming to be "most immersive experience ever".

Also : It's too bad that Duke Nukem Forever was never made. Then again, it's better for Duke to die and dissolve into oblivion than become a protagonist of some pointless game, similar to 100s of other modern titles.

Cableofaskani

Dec 7, 2011
Fear Effect: Inferno, Announced in 2001, trailer shown in 2002, canceled in 2003, then not told it was canceled 'til 2004. ARG!!!

Also Jade Empire 2 would be awesome on current-gen consoles.

Thamian

Sep 3, 2008
Just to double up all the ones that have already been said : FreeLancer 2, Homeworld 3, Half-Life 2 Episode 3, etc.

One that hasn't been mentioned yet was Haegemonia 2. Haegemonia:Legions of Iron was a hella solid game and looked gorgeous, even by the standards of space RTS's, and the ending cinematic was a cliffhanger which promised the next step up. Could've only been a expansion pack, rather than a full sequel, but no. All we got was an expansion pack that added some more techs and unit types to the multiplayer. So yeah, no sequel to that made me sad.

As far as disappointments are concerned, Ground Control: Dark Conspiracy was beyond odd from a story perspective, and then GC2 came along and deliberately fast forwarded several centuries so they could pretend it hadn't happened.

But then, they ended that on a cliff hanger, went off to make World At War, and since the RTS genre is supposedly dead, Ubisoft currently has them making Assassins Creed Revelations and Far Cry 3. Way to go in making use of one of the best RTS development houses still in existence short of Relic.

Skoldpadda

Jan 13, 2010
Not really a sequel, but back in the day Bioware announced a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate. This mysteriously never happened...

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Mirror's Edge 2! I still have hope that it's on the way since they keep teasing us about how they are still playing around with the idea. I loved the first game and really want to see the concept evolve.

Orciencor

Sep 3, 2010
Definitely gotta agree with a FreeSpace 3, so much more can be done with the Shivans, it's not like they were even stopped.

A Legend of Dragoon 2 would be nice too.. not sure what they'd do though. Maybe a prequel. (Run around as Rose more! Yay! >.>)

There's innumerable others I'd like to see too, but as I don't wanna make a big list, I think what I'd like to see a sequel of most would be System Shock 2. Though I kinda fear it would stray too far from its roots in today's market. (And no, I don't count BioShock as a sequel, 'spiritual successor' or not.)

JKain

Mar 15, 2011
Blast Chamber!

I'd love some sort of sequel or remake for 1 of the most fun <4players Multiplayer-Games on 1 Screen I've ever played.

*keeps on dreaming*

Mestraal

Jan 18, 2010
keideki said:
hulksmashley said:
Kingdom Hearts 3

No Square Enix, an infinite number of handheld games doesn't cut it. You ARE going to have to finish the story line of one of your most financially successful franchises. Get over it and just do it already. I do not want to be playing this thing on a f***ing PS4. Just make it.
This.... this... It makes me seethe with anger every time they announce another tangentially related handheld title.

Could use with a sequel to old PS2 Federation vs. Zeon Gundam game... one of the only ones to make it here that was worth playing. Darkstalkers would be grand. They are not exactly a sequels, but I can think of a handful of titles that never made it out of Japan that I would like... Nintendo... I'm looking at you.
The worst part is they keep using the words 'Next gen' and 'Wii U' around the Kingdom Hearts 3 title. And that scares me. A lot. Because other than the sequel to Dark Chronicle (I will not call it Dark Cloud 3 ¬¬), KH3 is the one I really want.

Benni88

Oct 13, 2011
Revolutionaryloser said:
Benni88 said:
Can't believe noone's said this already but:
Shadow of the Colossus 2
Unholy War 2
Well, technically it's called Project Trico for now and there will be an absence of colossi. I don't think it has been implied that the game isn't being made.
Yeah, I've been following Trico, and it does look awesome, but I think the original concept for SotC still has so much mileage in it. A game where you only fight bosses! So cool!

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Cableofaskani said:
Fear Effect: Inferno, Announced in 2001, trailer shown in 2002, canceled in 2003, then not told it was canceled 'til 2004. ARG!!!
I can't believe someone else said this. Proof that I really am never 'the only one.'

My second favourite series of all time, and indirectly the reason I became a pc gamer, since the cancellation of Inferno just killed my interest in getting a next gen console. What's really annoying is that the game ws far enough in production (I've heard it was almost complete) that there's a small number of fully finished and voiced cutscenes on the net, and it looks like it would have been awesome.

I'm still holding out hope that there's an unfinished but playable build out there somewhere, like Resident Evil 1.5. I would take that over any current or upcoming game I can think of.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic III
Star Wars Republic Commando II
Star Wars Battlefront III

Hogs Of War II would also be welcome

Falconcry

Jun 11, 2010
shenmue

would love to see a follow up to freelancer, which I feel had one of the best sci-fi stories ever and was left pretty open ended

I would love to see another skies of arcadia game, another game i really loved, but i think they would have to write a new story, they pretty much wrapped everything up in that game

Valkraye

Oct 27, 2008
Star Wars Battlefront III.

That was set to be epic, and then we got the Force Unleashed instead. Some one at Lucas Arts is definitely retarded.