Which game/sequel are you most disappointed never happened?

gbemery

Jun 27, 2009
-The third installment of the Chrono series. I think it was going to be called Chrono Break.

-Imperium Galactica 3

HalfBakedCheeto

Aug 20, 2011
CrawlingPastaHellion said:
HalfBakedCheeto said:
I mean, where's my third Dark Cloud? And my third Zone of the Enders?
Hated "Dark Cloud" and both ZotE games, last ones with all my heart. You have no idea how much I despise those games. The only other game that ever got close to that level of hatred was "Blast Corps".

On the side note: "Shenmue".
:c You make me sad. I've never even played Shenmue >.> But i did have a dreamcast, maybe i was just too intrested in sonic. o3o

Monsterfurby

Mar 7, 2008
Kiju said:
Freespace 2 should have had a sequel.

Or at least Freespace 3, dealing with the same universe.

Best space-combat sim EVER. ._.

This is so true and at the same time so depressing...

My list:

Shenmue 3 - they didn't even have the decency to ever resolve that monster of a cliffhanger at the end of that beautiful game that was part 2...

Freespace 3
Wing Commander VI
X-Wing/Tie-Fighter series sequel
Star Wars Battlefront 3
Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy 2 (Heavy Rain doesn't count)
Ultima Online 2
Suikoden 6 (still waiting for it...)

Until recently, Monkey Island and Sam & Max would have been on this list as well. Thanks, Telltale Games!

fezzthemonk

Jun 27, 2009
There was supposed to be a sequel to Jet Set Radio Future for the Wii. Maybe the Wii U could fix this problem.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Mischief Makers 2- amazing game, only flaw was its short length.
Breath of Fire 6- they have an entire 'lost era' of Dragon Clan civil war that has yet to be fleshed out.

Nov 12, 2010
HalfBakedCheeto said:
:c You make me sad. I've never even played Shenmue >.> But i did have a dreamcast, maybe i was just too intrested in sonic. o3o
It's meaningless without a sequel basically. Simply due to the fact that there's no closure, the big question still stands open: why did Lan Di kill Iwao Hazuki, Ryo's (the protagonist's) father? I always had a theory that it was either a Shakespearian misunderstanding or Iwao wasn't (possibly wasn't always) the man Ryo knew. But what do I know? I'm just a fan... >_<

Mayamellissa

Dec 3, 2011
the spud said:
Chrono the next one.

Seriously, Chrono Trigger was one of the finest experiences I have ever had the pleasure of having in my time as a human being. Its only real flaw was that is ended.
You too huh? I loved Chrono Cross (sad that Lucca died but I don't think that could have been a permanent thing). I think that SquareEnix has let themselves go in terms of originality and quality. After all: 3rd Birthday lagged in some serious story satisfaction at the end. !SPOILER! You never find out why the SWAT team stormed in and shot up the freaking place.

StevieC

Jan 9, 2008
I'm gonna go really old school and say Dinosaur Planet for the N64, since if it had been released we'd have had better StarFox games now. Speaking of which, another one I'm sad never got released because it really WAS completed is StarFox 2 for the SNES

Mayamellissa

Dec 3, 2011
Father Time said:
Are these sequels that were announced or given consideration before being canceled or just sequels we wanted that they never considered making?
I think the topic covers both.

Eccentric Lich

Dec 8, 2009
I was planning on getting a 3DS largely for Megaman Legends 3. I can't believe that got that far into development and didn't even release the fucking demo that they were planning on gauging the game's popularity with.

Lax Motive

Jun 27, 2011
Starcraft Ghost for sure. That game looked awesome. And still could be.
Also a Chrono Trigger sequel with the same style and snes bit music would be epic.

And a Diablo 3 that is actually like the Diablos 1 and 2. Not this World of Diablo crap.

Shadow Geo

Mar 24, 2011
Monacomaverick said:
Sonic X-treme for the Sega Saturn. I would have played the hell out of that game, but it was canned before it was ever completed. Toys R Us even showed it in their ad flyer back in '97. Sniff...
It was Super Mario Galaxy before that was even thought up of!!

terror55

Oct 21, 2011
Maximo 3! Not just because it would be a nice thing to play but beacause the story never concluded and ol'max never reunited with his missus :(

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Grevling said:
Beyond good and evil 2

There has been rumours but they are old now.
This. I am dreading the day I have to choose between ubisoft DRM and not playing BGAE2. THE HORROR!