Which game/sequel are you most disappointed never happened?

Randomperson9999999

Sep 16, 2010
Tax_Document said:
Eaglesolidus said:
Amnesia should have a sequel I just don't know if there is going to be one
Well there is a developer made extra story that is some-what linked,

and even more terrifying...

It's called Justine and it's horrifying, permanent death makes things much harder.
Yeah I played that but I'm talking real sequel

Wintermute_

Sep 20, 2010
The Rise of Fangus Klot...

I miss you Oddworld studios.

(also, where the hell is my Pikmin 3? Come on Miyamoto, you said it was in the works years ago!)

Dr Namgge

Oct 21, 2009
Prince of Persia (2008). The game ends on a sequel hook that never gets picked up.

Doubly frustrating because there was an epilogue chapter released a few months later that continues the story, and leaves it on another sequel hook.

dead_rebel

Jan 13, 2010
Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines. - The games developer went under; one of the most underrated games out today. :'(

BulletMagTrig

Nov 14, 2011
Star Wars Republic Commando II (Star Wars Imperial Commando alt.)

I want to learn about what happened to Sev already! Give me my gritty Star Wars back!

Nov 12, 2010
dead_rebel said:
Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines. - The games developer went under; one of the most underrated games out today. :'(
The "anarchistic" ending was freakin' awesome. One of the best storylines in games to date.

Melon Hunter

Chief Procrastinator
May 18, 2009
Mirror's Edge 2 (although EA have hinted they're working on it, so... fingers crossed?)

Also, the third game in the Legend of Zelda: Oracles games. In addition to Seasons and Ages, there would have been a third, focusing on changing the time of day. It got cancelled due to the link system of codes. Basically, at the end of an Oracles game, you were given a code to enter into the other game to start a Master Quest style of game. Characters from Seasons would make cameos in Ages (or vice versa), you could get more codes to get extra items, like the Master Sword or Seed Satchel that held 99 seeds rather than 30 or 50, and after defeating the Big Bad of that particular game, you got to fight Twinrova and Ganon. It was pretty damn cool.

Unfortunately, the third game was pulled after Nintendo realised two games meant there were two paths to linked completion (Seasons, then Ages, or Ages, then Seasons), but with three games, there would have been six ways, and the codes would have been too hard and complicated to make work correctly on the Game Boy Color. So, it was cancelled. It's a shame. It also looks incomplete, because the Oracle of Seasons is called Din, and the Oracle of Ages is called Nayru, so presumably the third Oracle would have been Faeroe, and green-haired. It's a shame. A bit of wasted potential, there. I really like those games.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 3. I know the offshoot series wasn't as good, but dammit, I had fun! I could be a barbarian that could learn to dual-wield greatswords! Pity Black Isle went under. They were responsible for some of the greatest RPG's around.

ASan83 said:
Mother 3 not being localized is still my biggest disappointment as a gamer. Yeah the game was made, but fat lot of good that does me.
You are describing the one encouraged form of piracy. A game, loved by many, that was made, but never localized. To top it, fans loved it so much, that they made an unofficial translation over the course of two years, and Nintendo didn't shut it down. They notoriously deliver C&D's to any most infringing work, but they let this one slide. Find a copy of the ROM. Find an emulator. Patch the ROM with the translation. Find a greater satisfaction in your life that you didn't realize you were missing.

AdmiralMemo

LoadingReadyRunner
Legacy
Dec 15, 2008
BlackWidower said:
AdmiralMemo said:
BlackWidower said:
Then there's Tron 2.0. Underrated in my mind. Yes the acting was shit; but the environments were surreal; and the science was soft; and the plot was solid, yet ridiculous; and I for one loved it. But it ended with a lot of questions in the air with no sequel. What happened to the fCon trio? Who's the fCon CEO? Where the fuck is Flynn!? I'd be less pissed if it was considered part of the same canon as Tron Legacy, but it wasn't.

I miss that game. Where are those CDs!?
+247
As much as I love Tron: Legacy, I'd love to see Mercury and Jet again. I know they can't include the whole of Tron 2.0 into the Legacy timeline, but still... There's no reason that the characters of Jet, Mercury, and maybe even MA3A couldn't be integrated somehow. Altered back-story, sure, but still integrated. Also, maybe Dillinger's son trying to sell the company to fCon?
Nope, can't happen, the already soft science would break. One of the primary elements was that Alan was working on restoring Digitization technology after it was lost following the fall of the MCP. So it couldn't exist to send Flynn into the Grid and get subsequently trapped there.

I say keep them as two separate canons, but still release some kind of sequel, don't abandon the awesomeness.
Well, that's kind of what I was getting at, in the first place. Alan's character arc would have to follow the new timeline, and the characters of Jet and Mercury would have to be suitably altered. None of their back-story or the story of the game, but you could include their characters and personalities. Alan doesn't need to be working on the Digitizing technology for his interactions with Jet to be similar. He's just got to be working on something and dedicated to it.

But then, I realized it doesn't work too well, because Jet and Sam have such similar personalities, and they would be bound to meet at some point and become fast friends. MA3A would need to be thrown out nearly whole-sale.

So, your "branching canons" idea would work better.

Interestingly, the one thing that could easily be transported between canons is the Data Wraiths. Malicious users in the digital world would easily be able to wreak havoc on the Net of Tron: Legacy. Plug the "Grid" drive that Sam has into a Net-enabled Unix computer, and there would be nearly no stopping them. Heck, just enable a Net connection to the old Grid computers under the arcade and it would work. I bet you could easily pop a wireless NIC into that set-up, or at least a USB hub, which you can plug a USB wireless NIC into.

Of course, that now has me thinking of the Grid getting a Net connection and what would happen if someone typed "apt-get update; apt-get upgrade" on the keyboard. Can you imagine the whole-sale reconfiguration of the Grid like that?

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
Diablo2000 said:
Jaythulhu said:
Carmageddon 3.
It does exists... But it was shit.
Nooooooooooooooooo! That was NOT CARMAGEDDON! IT WASN'T!!

*ahem* Sorry, traumatic memories of that game that I'd managed to bury just came flooding back.

Nalbis

Oct 6, 2008
Half-Life: Episode 3.

But seriously, Extreme-G on the N64, I would *love* a sequel to that on the 360/PS3. That game was so much fun!

And semi-related, a proper sequel to Neverwinter Nights would have been nice, I can't even count Neverwinter Nights 2 as an actual part of the franchise, it was so horrible.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
Wow, the two games I wanted to mention that I didn't think very many people would care for were mentioned on the first page. Battlefront 3 and Darkwatch 2.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Fasckira said:
thaluikhain said:
Blade Kitten part 2...well, it's been made, just not published. Grrr...want to find out what happens in the end, though the teasers don't look great.
Two points on this:

1) I 100% agree, wish they'd release it already
2) I have a signed hand drawn art piece from the creator of Blade Kitten featuring Justice putting a box into a shipping envelope; I ordered the Kit Ballard limited edition statue thingy and it arrived in a standard envelope from Australia crushed to bits. I complained on the Blade Kitten forum, not expecting anything to come of it but more pointing out that a bit of common sense would have advised not to send a fragile object around the world in an envelope. A week later another package arrived with the drawing, a copy of the Blade Kitten cartoon, a bunch of stickers and a new statue in a box signed by Steve along with a note apologising. Turns out they had sold out of the statues so it was one he had kept back for himself too!

That is awesome. I've not been able to buy the full game for the first part yet, but considering that I really liked the trial I would definitely want to see a second one come out.

I would also like to add Sonny 3 and the next Sinjid game to the list of games I want to see.

Nov 24, 2011
Double Fine Studios is one of my favorite developers ever, but why in the fuck did they not make a Psychonauts sequel. They set it up at the end of the first one and everything, but they never made a sequel to what is possibly one of the best games ever made.

BlackWidower

Nov 16, 2009
AdmiralMemo said:
Of course, that now has me thinking of the Grid getting a Net connection and what would happen if someone typed "apt-get update; apt-get upgrade" on the keyboard. Can you imagine the whole-sale reconfiguration of the Grid like that?
Imagine being on the grid when that happens. That would be scary. Suddenly, the building had colour! Holy shit!!!

dessertmonkeyjk

Nov 5, 2010
Let's see...

Descent 4
Freespace 3
Jedi Knight 5
Rouge Squadron IV (Or at least port the Star Wars Trilogy Arcade... it was awesome!)
Repuiblic Commando 2
Medievil 3

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Rise of Nations II, because the original was good, but it didn't really reach its true potential.

Age of Empires IV... come on, there was a teaser for IV and V, the series should go right up to the modern era.

njrk97

May 30, 2011
kya dark linage 2 on the playstaion 2 i mean i hate this if your goiing make the ending of your game a cliff hanger at least make sure you goiing make the sequal cause kya was a fun game for me i loved the landscaped and all the other cool things