Which games have the BEST/Very good Voice acting?

wildwind1290

Jun 15, 2009
William Fleming said:
Hazama from Blazblue, I just love his voice in the English voice. It's so over the top with his trolling and his LOLs, it's AWESOME. Personally, I prefer Hazama's voice over than the Joker in Arkham Asylum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srYxgMItVLM&feature=related
Thank god I picked up Continuum Shift II at AX this year. I just love listening to Hazama troll everybody, let him go Unlimited, and then smash his face in.

While I agree Red Dead Redemption and Mass Effect always had good voice-acting (Tali got infinitely better in Mass Effect 2), I'm surprised no one's mentioned Valkyria Chronicles yet. The cast just was a good fit all the way around.

Persona 3 and 4 was also good. I loved Vic as Junpei and Yuri Lowenthal as Yosuke.

DecMcGuinness

Jul 12, 2011
Red Dead Redemption- had Seth who managed to continually make me laugh.
GTA 4- Roman! Nuff said.
M.E 1&2- The Illusive man (Martin Sheen) stood out to me.
KOTOR- All involved for being a part of games that good

PleasantKenobi

Nov 9, 2010
spikeyjoey said:
Baldurs gate 2 definately deserves a mention

Irenicus wouldnt be nearly as chilling is it was for that fantastic drawl of his.. I like the narrator too :)
Every post that went by without someone mentioning Irenicus I grew a little bit more angry.

PleasantKenobi

Nov 9, 2010
LookingGlass said:
Stephen Merchant in Portal 2 could well be the best performance I've ever heard in a video game. He really seemed to have genuine enthusiasm for the project and he was just hilarious.
This.

Some of the suggestions in this thread are crazy, such as Batman: Arkham Asylum? Kevin Conroy makes me want to vomit. He makes batman sound like a boyscout.And Gears of War? lolwut? Marcus Fenix is one of those 'ard man character who sounds like he has been gargling gravel. Cliche character acting does not equate to good voice acting.

lobster1077

Feb 7, 2011
Onyx Oblivion said:
At this point, it's getting hard to find BAD voiceacting outside of shovelware.

I'm going with Gears 2 as one of my favorites. It's a shame that nothing interesting is really said.
Really? how about "IT'S A GIANT WORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOA!!!"

Dyme

Nov 18, 2009
I liked Portal 2's voices.

Oh, and Dragon Age: Origins. Morrigan's voice <3

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
Thats easy:
Oblivion.....
No

I'd say one of Rockstar's games..
Tie between RDR and LA:N in my opinion.

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
All of Rockstar's games and L.A. Noire even if it wasn't terribly well written.

All the CoD games have pretty solid voice-acting though I wanted to throw my controller at the TV every time Ice Cube said anything in Black Ops because I just loathe that man.

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
Portal 2 has to be the best IMO. GLaDOS and Wheatley are just amazing, so much emotion, so much feeling and awesomeness in their voices.

The Mass Effect series come in a close second.

Salad Is Murder

Oct 27, 2007
lobster1077 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
At this point, it's getting hard to find BAD voiceacting outside of shovelware.

I'm going with Gears 2 as one of my favorites. It's a shame that nothing interesting is really said.
Really? how about "IT'S A GIANT WORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOA!!!"
And what were they doing with that giant....WOOOOOORM!?

They were sinking cities.

Back on topic: PS1 version of Resident Evil

Watch it, I double-dog-dare you, watch it and tell me this isn't a fucking masterpiece.

nomzy

Jan 29, 2010
Every Bioware game I've played has had great voice acting.
From what I've seen of Bioshock infinite it has brilliant voice acting, loved what I've seen of Elizabeth so far.
Dat singing.

Polaris19

Aug 12, 2010
Mass Effect 2's main cast (Shepard, Tali, Illusive man, Garrus etc.) is phenomenal. Martin Sheen has my attention glued to the screen everytime The Illusive Man is on the screen.

However, if any of the other voice acting in Far Cry 3 is even HALF as good as the performance given for Vaas...that might be getting my hopes to high even then, but it would be epic.

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
Foxpack1 said:
KOTOR2- Darth Sion's subtle Scottish accent and Kreia's awesomeness.
This a thousand times, ecery team mate and just about everyone important in the story nails every single line. Bao-Dur was probably my favorite, everytime he spoke I couldn't help but think that he was just a world weary guy who had pretty much nothing to live for until the General shows up.

ChillzMaster

Mar 23, 2011
While I did love the Joker from Arkham Asylum, that year, the best voice came from Jack Black's Eddie Riggs.

How can you resist such lines as;

Lars: What do you do with a bunch of kids that don't know how to do anything but bang their heads all day long?

Eddie: *tears up* You start a revolution Lars.

And this;

Headbanger 1: What is that sound?

Headbanger 2: It's a Devil screaming

Headbanger 3: It's an Angel singing!

Headbanger 2: It is the pounding of Creation's Hammer upon the Anvil of Time!

Headbanger 1: It's F*CKING AWESOME!

Ah, and last but not least;

Eddie: Listen up! In honor of you guys, we're calling this army "Ironhead"! *thinks* With an "e" at the end, so people know we're not messing around!

Rage4Kon

Jul 21, 2011
TheKruzdawg said:
Batman: Arkham Asylum. Mostly for the fact that it uses the original voice actors from the animated series. I mean, Mark Hamill as the Joker? Pretty hard to beat
Off topic: The Batman animated series was absolutely amazing. It definitely made up for all the bad Batman movies before the modern ones starting with Batman Begins. I mean Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze *shudders*.