Which Type Of Gamer Are You Catagorized In?

Mozared

Mar 26, 2009
I'm a combination of the PCfag, The "real" Gamer, The Games=artfag, The Guy Who Actually Likes Video Games, RAGE and the Troll.

robinkom

Jan 8, 2009
I'm quite a few of those.

7 - The "REAL" Gamer
12 - Grandpa
13 - Nostalgiafag
16 - The GAMES=ARTfag
22 - The Collector
23 - The Guy Who Actually Likes Games

Explanations: I'm definitely 7 - "REAL" Gamer which also coincides with 12 - Grandpa and 13 - Nostalgiafag.

I believe this dialog from a particular Penny Arcade comic said it best:

"Which brings me to tonight's word... GAMERS.

Who's a gamer? Who ISN'T?!

With the Wii and games like Rock Band, it's opened what was once a reclusive hobby to the light of the teeming masses.

Now it's trendy to like games, we're fucking MARKETABLE!

But with more people playing games doesn't that mean WE get more games to play? NO. Instead we're getting bastardized versions of what were once classic games. A perpetual Easy Mode filled with quicktime events and Mini-games.

When was the last time you played a truly great game?

Thought so. They are few and FAR between.

It's time for this BULLSHIT to stop. This is a message to you auto-aiming, Madden rostering, Wii Bowling ASSTARDS.
"We didn't spend YEARS as social outcasts to watch you assholes fuck this up.

WE memorized the ultra combos. WE wrote down pages of passwords. WE defeated the Robotmasters, knocked out Tyson, and SAVED THE FUCKING PRINCESS!

I know what we are, and you're NOT.

Gamers."

Yes, Casual Gamers, regardless of your platform of choice, your needs to feel adequate at video games forced the entire industry to nose-dive into mediocrity. Yes, I have played video games since the Atari 2600, Commodore VIC-20 & 64, Intellivision, and Colecovision... and I've been here ever since, which points to 12 - Grandpa (I suppose my father has me beat overall, he owned a Mangavox Odyssey back in '72 and left it with his ex-wife, damn him...).

So, 13 - Nostalgiafag. I know the drawing is meant to be funny, but the Golden Age is more the Atari era. The Silver Age would be the NES era into the Genesis era, which is when developers really began to explore the possibilities of their imaginations versus hardware limitations. Thus, I go to 12 - GAMES=ARTfag. The trend began in the 8-bit generation on the NES and Sega Master System. From there, it really took off and you could really tell when an artistic presentation was being pushed.

22 - The Collector. Duh. I am one. Many many MANY consoles & games be in my possession and I'm always on the lookout for the rare buys.

23 - The Guy Who Actually Likes Games. Obviously. I DO love the games, I tend to dislike the GAMERS when they embarrass themselves and make the rest of us look bad.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
13- Nostalgiafag
14- Piratefag, when it comes to older games anyways
20- Roneryfaq, or at least I found the incarnation of my perfect dream girl in a game once

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
WestMountain said:
Blatherscythe said:
(Disclaimer! This post is purely made for a cheap laugh, it is not made to insult you people. More like poke fun at ourselves. Besides your anonymous on the internet!)

Since I still don't know how to post pictures in my posts (please, someone just tell me) I will have to post the link... http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/243820/Gamers/

Appearantly I fall into the WRPGfag catagory. I sure as hell don't look ANYTHING like the picture though. So which one do you fit the discription of?
Howto put images in post: [imagepenis]Put picture URL here and remove the penises from the [] [/imagepenis]

OT: The one who actually likes videogames and Pokéfag, nothing beats that feeling of having a shiny pokémon show up on a random encounter :D
Thanks for telling me
is how you add images to posts. It's so simple I feel kind of silly.

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
I don't fit to any of those. People consider me more of a "goon" internet / gamer stereo-type based on my reviews though. So I guess that's what I'd be.

littlewisp

Mar 25, 2010
23, 10, and 17 on a bad night. :< Man, addictions are bad for you, I know this but...must raise the numbers!