While we wait for Steam's Winter Sale...

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Scy Anide said:
Saints Row 2

Well, even though its one of the worst PC ports in existence it can still be playable with some fixes, and there are actually some cool mods for it.

OT:
Brothers in Arms series
Battlefield 2 (have it on CD but its somewhat annoying to install and unistall, I would rather have it on Steam and give the cd to a friend)

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Really hoping that LEGO Harry Potter gets a bigger price drop this year. I want to play the game, but I really can't justify spending more than $5 on it. Usually goes to half off, which is $10.

Other than that, the only things I'm really hoping to see on sale are Long Live the Queen and maybe some Sims 3 stuff.

Bug MuIdoon

Mar 28, 2013
shrekfan246 said:
Well, the top of my wishlist is Orcs Must Die! 2, Overlord (the Complete pack specifically), Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut (which I could already get since it's only $5 for people who own the game and DLC, but whatever), and Nexus: The Jupiter Incident.
Just a head up that Orcs Must Die! 2 is currently in a Humble Bundle. You'll need to beat the average of $4.28 for it though as it's one of the 'extra games' added to the bundle later. The first game is also in the bundle, as well as a few other decent games.

OT: I currently have 45 games on my Steam wishlist, so hopefully some of them will be in the sale so I can trim it down a little. Most notably The Inner World, The Wolf Among Us, Contrast, Rayman Legends and Dust: An Elysian Tale.

Qvar

OBJECTION!
Aug 25, 2013
None. I'll try to force myself to not even look at the sales. I have dozens of games still waiting to be played.

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
Kevlar Eater said:
Assuming EA will have a holiday sale with Origin:
- Battlefield 4 (because it isn't doing so hot at this time, EA/Dice would perhaps consider dropping the price a bit just to make some money and get some copies moving)
I'm hoping Origin has a sale too, but for battlefield 2. I got 2142 in a sale a little while ago. Its great but the problem is the community is almost dead and those that remain are masters of the game D: Terrible for a begginner with little gear.

Apparently battlefield 2 is still going strong and the player skill is a little more varied. Its on steam aswell so maybe it will be discounted there.

Apart from that, a handleful of indie games (papers please, sir you are being hunted and stanley parable) to see what some of the fuss is about but was unwilling to shed 7 quid per game for.

A nice discount for shadowrun returns would be great too :) (Love cyberpunk, but hear the base game has some problems/ shortness).

Until then, you people should be checking out the GOG christmas sale! Scoop up any old games you been wanting to play again :)

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
shrekfan246 said:
Well, the top of my wishlist is Orcs Must Die! 2, Overlord (the Complete pack specifically), Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut (which I could already get since it's only $5 for people who own the game and DLC, but whatever), and Nexus: The Jupiter Incident.

Maybe a few bits of DLC for Dishonored, maybe Arkham City GOTY since they finally dropped Games For Windows, maybe Fallout 3, dunno. Anything else is just going to be speculation and likely determined by the flash sales/daily deals/community picks.
Getting deus ex directors cut on discount would be a good idea. Apparently every version except the WiiU one is pretty badly done, with way more bugs and bad optimazation than the orignal game did. I don't think they have patched it yet, or are even thinking about it :/

Sep 14, 2009
MarsAtlas said:
XCOM: Enemy Within
Democracy 3
ah thank you for reminding me about democracy 3, it looked very intriguing when I first saw it; I'll keep an eye on it for the winter sale.

OT: Democracy 3 and xcom: EW, I just recently got back into enemy unknown and i'm having a blast with it, and i hear the expansion is pretty awesome too.

hopefully my wallet stays a bit fat though, i want to save money for the stick of truth, that game has me giddy in excitement.

Sep 14, 2009
Tuesday Night Fever said:
Ellie O said:
I usually use the sales to load up on some new routes for Train Simulator. That DLC is just absurdly expensive otherwise.
Heh. That DLC, at regular price, has to be nearing the $2000 mark by now - assuming it hasn't already surpassed it.
I can't seem to find a picture of it, but there was a glitch one time for that game (it was during one of the season sales) where it was just under 100% off, you only had to pay like 16 cents to get the game and all its DLC

I remember having a heart attack and double checking it just to make sure I wasn't imagining it, too bad the cart wouldn't let you purchase it for that price though :/ was still a good laugh though considering it is ~1500 dollars in price.

although..here is a picture of a sale for it:

BearShark

Apr 5, 2013
I made off pretty well with the Fall Sale, so the only game left that I really want is Papers, Please

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Xcom:EW and Saint's Row 4 are the only games I'm eager to play. There are others that I'll snag if they wind up super cheap. I'm sorta hoping that the winter sale sucks so it'll give me a reason to not make my backlog worse. I highly doubt that will happen though. Curse you, Steam!!!!!

A-D.

Jan 23, 2008
Sims 3, the whole thing. If its 75% off or more anyway, other than that, i have no real plans on getting anything in particular, though i have plenty on the wishlist so, maybe if something gets reduced there i might pick it up, but as it stands i got a rather large library, with some games i havent yet finished..or started playing for that matter.

Steam sales are honestly a weird thing for me, i dont actually look for anything most of the time, yet i check every 8 hours whats on sale and see if i see anything worth buying and ironically..most of my games are impulse buys during sales xD

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Nothing to be honest, i've bought the games I've wanted and been gifted the one game I've been waiting for this whole year already.

Apart from that there's not much on the PC to interest me at the moment so I'll most likely end up buying a Wii U during the january sales, grab myself Zombi U, Ducktales, Sonic Lost world, Rayman legends and W101.

TheColdHeart

Sep 15, 2008
I'm more of the impulse buyer during the sales, I've still got games from last sale I've barely touched. Although I am getting a new PC in the new year so I might get some new games to play on it.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
I don't know. I've not bought anything during the last couple of steam sales. I will probably buy the walking dead season 2 or natural selection for a friend.
For me Bioshock Infinite, Remember Me and Dishonored are in the maybe pile but I'm not that fussed either way and not likely buy more than one of this lot if I buy any. My enthusiasm for these games got lost somewhere.
I do want Shadowrun Returns, The Wolf Among Us (but I might just wait till the whole thing is out), Warp or Mark of the Ninja. Possibly Papers Please because people keep talking about it.