WHITE GUY DEFENSE FORCE GO!

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
This is really depressing. I hoped that the people in the first pages saying this was so obvious people wouldn't be offended. Guess I need to remember the Escapist is still part of the Internet.

Oh well, to the fallout ball, away!

DataSnake

Aug 5, 2009
carnex said:
Well, Johnatan Grey Carter never changes really. He always thinks that if accidental ball to the groin is funny kicking someone in the balls dozen times, then jumping on his balls for a few minutes and inviting everyone in the surrounding area for a round of the same fun will be that much funnier.
He has a point. After a while, beating a joke into the ground actually can loop around to being funny again. TVTropes calls this "crossing the line twice", I believe.

I really love dry, dark, nonsensical and morbid British humor
Pretty sure the British version is called humour, actually.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
chronobreak said:
If the authors had any conviction, or any courage, they would be in here to explain their work. They will stay far away and let the click money come in, all while probably having a good laugh at the fiasco they have created. To me, that is cowardice.
There's like three hundred comments, man. Give me a chance to read them.

chronobreak

Sep 6, 2008
lacktheknack said:
chronobreak said:
If the authors had any conviction, or any courage, they would be in here to explain their work. They will stay far away and let the click money come in, all while probably having a good laugh at the fiasco they have created. To me, that is cowardice.
Grey's jumped in before (<link=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.825461-How-to-Talk-About-Games-3?page=5#20037008>occasionally to hilarious effect), and he says a LOT about his personal perspectives, even seeding his news stories with them.

Try again?
Oh, then where is he? I mean, besides that one time he joined the discussion. Because, you know, that really defends my accusation so fervently.

Edit: Good man, right above me. It's one thing to fling shit, it's another to stand in front of it.

EstrogenicMuscle

Sep 7, 2012
xplosive59 said:
So is this comic trying to pander to the /b/ audience now or what?
Except that they would be for the sort of folks this comic would be making fun of to begin with.

Or /pol/, who was formerly /int/, which was formerly /new/, which was formerly /n/. Which is one of the biggest White Nationalist lolligags around the internets. And people like SRS say that Reddit is bad, 4chan lives up to its reputation. In fact, probably the only reason Reddit is so terrible is that a handful of 4channers floated onto the site. The reason SRS hate them is because they're receiving the fallout of a far more terrible site.

Speaking of which, it would appear likely that someone on /pol/ linked to this. And I suspect that quenlinlom could be a /pol/ user who decided to bravely take action and sign up for this 'evil, white hating site' to show us who's boss in the name of glorious 4chan. Don't forgive, don't forget, and all that! If history tells us anything, it's that 4chan won't forgive enemies of the glorious white raceTM. Note all the Greentexting and mocking both tumblr and Reddit as casual, white hating social network sites.

Hey 4chan, thanks for the Touhou and the My Little Pony. Now go away and leave the internet peacefully, please.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
chronobreak said:
lacktheknack said:
chronobreak said:
Grey's jumped in before (<link=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.825461-How-to-Talk-About-Games-3?page=5#20037008>occasionally to hilarious effect), and he says a LOT about his personal perspectives, even seeding his news stories with them.

Try again?
Oh, then where is he? I mean, besides that one time he joined the discussion. Because, you know, that really defends my accusation so fervently.

Edit: Good man, right above me. It's one thing to fling shit, it's another to stand in front of it.
And besides, <link=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/posts/Grey+Carter?f_sort=datestamp+desc&f_page=2>here's his decently long string of posts during the "MOAR FUNNY ;___;" days.

You didn't choose the right contributor to call a coward, I gotta say.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Tips for getting over 300 comments:
1. Take as many divisive issues as you can.
2. Boil everything down into the most ham fisted straw man possible.
3. Add insult to other large groups where ever possible.
4. Post
5. Act surprised and hurt when called out on what this kind of post is.

It worked for Sarkeesian. Time to throw a kickstarter up for making this a comic series.

RPGxMadness

Mar 9, 2012
Grey Carter said:
chronobreak said:
There's like three hundred comments, man. Give me a chance to read them.
Did you read my comment about how this is 2tumblr4me hahaha, I guess that's a maybe since the mods hid it away. anyways, in all seriousness, I only found the "Zimmerman mode" to tickle my funny bones. JUst found the rest too dull...

:p

bounty90

Oct 1, 2012
The only good this comic did is how 4chan changed it so it's actually funny. which will no doubt be the only reason it's ever going to be remembered. Not only that but as funny as it is this to the average person on the net will look like a politicly correct rip off.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Ukomba said:
Tips for getting over 300 comments:
1. Take as many divisive issues as you can.
2. Boil everything down into the most ham fisted straw man possible.
3. Add insult to other large groups where ever possible.
4. Post
5. Act surprised and hurt when called out on what this kind of post is.

It worked for Sarkeesian. Time to throw a kickstarter up for making this a comic series.
We're missing number 5.

I think we're missing chunks of 2 as well, as well a key aspect or two of 3.

Also, they're already getting paid, so the Kickstarter would just be redundant.

Maybe you could try constructing an actual complaint instead of a common stock complaint? It would be much more effective.

carnex

Jan 9, 2008
DataSnake said:
He has a point. After a while, beating a joke into the ground actually can loop around to being funny again. TVTropes calls this "crossing the line twice", I believe.
That's Black Adder/Men Behaving Badly territory. They know how to do it. He doesn't, at least not in my book. It's not just this panel; his whole comic is jumping on long dead horses as far as I'm concerned.

DataSnake said:
Pretty sure the British version is called humour, actually.
There are different tonalities of humor. I like what I like, and I wrote what I like. For reference take a look at movie "Pretty village, pretty flame". Darkest and best anti-war war movie you can imagine where you'll laugh your ass off half of the movie.

But nice one with Humor-Humour, made me laugh

Frission

Until I get thrown out.
May 16, 2011
I liked the comic. I actually thought that the comic would be too silly for anyone to get angry.

Anyway, it seems I'm late for the party. It's really funny and slightly freaky to see all the people who got zapped on page 7, because it's like the aftermath of a battlefield in here.

JonB said:
*Casually strolls into thread, holding Banhammer*

Hey guys, what's going on in this thread? Oh? Weatherman calls for a shitstorm?

I'll stick around and watch, you know, just in case.
I wonder why this thread still erupted even with that hammer of Damocles hanging over one's head.
It's a bit like having a bunch of lemmings charge right into a grinder.

wAriot

Jan 18, 2013
xplosive59 said:
So is this comic trying to pander to the /b/ audience now or what?
If anything, they are pandering to the opposite audience (aka, SRS, and probably tumblr).

As for the question "If the race is irrelevant, why not make it black?", as others have already said, yes, it answers itself. And the answer is "As the race is irrelevant, it will be whatever the guy in charge decides".
And since the guy in charge is probably white, chances are the race will be white as well.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
MrGalactus said:
Grey Carter said:
WHITE GUY DEFENSE FORCE GO!

*Guitar Solo*

Read Full Article
>Alpha + 'Mirin
>Beta + MLP + Fat + Possible neckbeard
>Omega + Fedora + Reference to "Friend Zone"

Grey Carter confirmed for /b/tard
/fit/izen actually.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
Master of the Skies said:
Azaraxzealot said:
Well it's just lazy to make fun of white people. It's easy because of all the horrible things associated with them, but it's just plain lazy and a real cop-out in terms of writing.
I think it's rather insulting to white people to say they're the target. Those groups being mocked seem to be mostly white people, doesn't mean making fun of those groups is about making fun of white people. White people get mentioned because the sorts being mocked you will often see spouting "White males are the most discriminated against people ever". And I've seen several people speak to that effect with perfect seriousness. And if you question it they scream about how you must think there is never any discrimination against white people or males.
Well the name of the comic is straight-up "White Guy Defense Force", and it specifically has those guys defending "White Heterosexual Males". So... that's where I draw the conclusion that white people are the target, maybe more specifically white heterosexual males who are also running nerd culture, but it still boils down to just another "white people are stupid" joke. Like millions of other white people jokes before it.