WHITE GUY DEFENSE FORCE GO!

Catface Meowmers

Bless My Nippers!
Aug 29, 2010
Teoes said:
I half expect this'll actually be another one of those threads that is several pages of "Woah, man, shitstorm INCOMING!".. and no actual shitstorm. Don't let us all down, folks.
Loved the comic.
LOL, I was thinking the exact same thing.

PREPARE FOR THE SHITSTORM OF WARNINGS ABOUT IMPENDING SHITSTORMS.

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
*Casually strolls into thread, holding Banhammer*

Hey guys, what's going on in this thread? Oh? Weatherman calls for a shitstorm?

I'll stick around and watch, you know, just in case.

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
Loving the MLP and Deus Ex references. That's all for this topic, staying well away from here.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
I...I kind of feel offended by this. I don't really understand, is the comic applying negative stereotypes to white heterosexual males? And if so, is it meant to mirror the racism felt by the man in his story at the beginning? Or is it just saying that all white people are racist? Or is there perhaps some other explanation? All I know is that my race/sexual preference/gender is being made fun of, and I'm not sure if I'm okay with that. Maybe that's the point?

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Oh man, that was beautiful.

Totally needs to be a poster so I can stick it up somewhere.

The "Zimmerman mode activate!" was absolutely golden.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Brilliant. Scarily brilliant.

TopazFusion said:
Good lawd, you've touched on so many flamebaity topics in this one, I'm wondering if people will even know where to start with this...
Maybe that'll lead to them not starting!

Mr Cwtchy said:
One would assume so. That or address an argument in a humorous fashion that I've never seen anybody actually make.
Don't worry. If you keep posting on The Escapist, you'll see it eventually. Even if you try not to.

Imp Emissary said:
They will probably start with a complaint about strawmen.
Why would they complain about strawmen? Strawmen tend to be white! >.>

IndomitableSam said:
I... have no idea what Mirin' means.

That is all, because I found this really, really funny.
I assume it's short for "admiring."

Dec 14, 2009
Daaaah Whoosh said:
I...I kind of feel offended by this. I don't really understand, is the comic applying negative stereotypes to white heterosexual males? And if so, is it meant to mirror the racism felt by the man in his story at the beginning? Or is it just saying that all white people are racist? Or is there perhaps some other explanation? All I know is that my race/sexual preference/gender is being made fun of, and I'm not sure if I'm okay with that. Maybe that's the point?
Did you know it's perfectly legal to be racist to white guys in 78 states? It's true.

Check yo privilege.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Teoes said:
I half expect this'll actually be another one of those threads that is several pages of "Woah, man, shitstorm INCOMING!".. and no actual shitstorm. Don't let us all down, folks.
Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I'm betting that this one is just "too easy". As in there's a difference between "flamebait" posts and coming right out and saying "Come on you rat bastards, I DARE you to get pissed off at this! PLEEEEEASE! I'm beggin' for your hate!"

Or, to put it another way:

I'm pretty sure this comic is much less an example of flamebait and much more an example of that other thing I said. :p

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Daaaah Whoosh said:
Do you also believe the comic is saying all black guys take the bus?

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
BEST. [sub][sub]critical-miss-[/sub][/sub]COMIC. EVER.

Now, dance for me my fellow posters, bring on the hatred, turn up the heat and burn this place to the ground-
Nothing shall be left unscathed, reduce the servers to a smouldering heap of ashes, set the hamsters ablaze and burn Kross at the stake, this fire shall consume this forum and purged in the fires of this thread shall the best of us rise like the phoenix from the ashes.

Let the fun begin.

GuyIncognito

Nov 10, 2009
Daaaah Whoosh said:
It's really more a caricature of knee-jerk, reactionary responses to arguments made by the guy in the first panel. It's like using a racist character to highlight the ridiculousness of their racism. Borat's antisemitism is used to mock antisemitic beliefs, for example.

JPArbiter

Oct 14, 2010
I did not find this funny at all... I can't say I was offended, but I did not find it funny.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Father Time said:
This is the most shameless piece of flamebait I've ever seen ever. You've basically become a full on troll at this point.
I think that is probably the reason for why I don't really find it funny. It should be, but it has the same level of subtlety as Family Guy. Maybe Grey finally got fed up with all of the people who always said "I don't get it." in the comments section?

Then again it's also possible that I am just really not in the mood for laughing right now, and would find it funny if I was feeling better.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
TopazFusion said:
Oh no!

Good lawd, you've touched on so many flamebaity topics in this one, I'm wondering if people will even know where to start with this...
It needs more sexism and gender equality flamebait. Maybe something about transgendered people.

I'ma set up my chair and pour a beer and watch this unfold.