Who are your favorite homosexuals in fiction?

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
So... simple question for you all. Who are your favorite fictional characters... who also happen to be gay?

Well, I'm gonna start out the thread with probably one of the more obvious choices: Kanji Tatsumi from Persona 4.

Okay, now since I'm SURE that people are going to call me out on this, yes, I'm aware that by the end of the game, his sexuality is more "ambiguous" than straight up gay, but the game really leaves it up to your own imagination to decide. And that's my personal take on him.

Anyways, Kanji was always my favorite character from Persona 4 (well, him and Teddie). For someone who's portrayed as the "dumb guy", it's surprising how often he ends up as the voice of reason.

Other than Kanji, there's also Wallace Wells from Scott Pilgrim.

He was seriously one of my favorite parts of that movie. I liked him in the books, too, but I prefer the movie counterpart. He was just so damn funny.

I'd also like to give an honorable mention to Zevran from Dragon Age: Origins.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Gemma from Ninja Scroll.

I'd like to see Russian gang bangers fuck with this guy.

Others would include Hana from Tokyo Godfathers, and Bill from The Last of Us. The latter mainly because of how subtly his orientaion gets hinted at in the game.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Can I bring up my fanfic characters?...No? Damn it.

Ok let me think about this...Christ this list is short. I'll go with Veronica and Arcade from Fallout New Vegas. I like them because their homosexuality doesn't define who they are. Their story arcs are mainly centered around their ties to the Brotherhood of Steel and the Enclave respectively. I like it because homosexuals are people, not an alien species, they're not that different from us.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Kanaya Maryam from Homestuck.

Because I haven't read or remembered any other characters in any other fictional story.

WhyWasThat

Jul 2, 2010
Bill from The Last of Us.

Mainly because they don't dwell on it at all, because it's not important.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Let see-
Shore Leave and The Alchemist from The Venture Bros

Ray Gillette from Archer

John from The Simpons episode "Homer Phobia". Sure he was an one off character but he was such a great character!

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Venom from Guilty Gear is pretty awesome. That applies overall (come on, an assassin who's main weapon is a pool cue), but his sexuality also adds a personal touch to his main motivation in the game. He's acting leader of the Assassin's Guild, but he gets involved in the main plot to look for Zato-1, the current leader, who's not only his boss and his mentor, but also the man he's in love with.

Tsubaki Hirofumi from A Drug That Makes You Dream is also pretty cool. His teasing of the main character gets close bad-touch once or twice, but he's still a pretty good friend...and introduces the main character to eroge for their stories. I've actually had people compare me to him, oddly enough.

Stasisesque

Nov 25, 2008
Scarim Coral said:
Ray Gillette from Archer
Quoting for emphasis.

I assume we can also include ladies? If so, Tara from Buffy. I'm still bummed about her death.

Oh, and Dumbledore. Duh.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Isaak Sirko in season 7 of Dexter. He's a badass Russian mobster who you end up liking because it's easy to sympathize with his motives.

Murais

Sep 11, 2007
I'm going to second Wallace from Scott Pilgrim. He's just such a classy *****.

OldKingClancy

Jun 2, 2011
Agron from the Spartacus TV show

Not only is he as bad-ass and fight ready as the best of them, but his gay relationship with Nashir is treated like any other relationship on the show, by both the characters and the writers

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Raoul Silva from Skyfall. He's just so casually and contently out of the closet. Being a villain makes it better.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Renly Baratheon is a brilliant character. I'll also second (third?) Wallace Wells, & Stephen Stills (who wasn't outed in the film, was he?)

I'll have to give first place to Frank from Little Miss Sunshine, though.

Mirable, insightful, the greatest serious performance I've ever seen from Steve Carell.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Most of mine have been mentioned:

Veronica from Fallout New Vegas - She likes punching people with power fists and pretty dresses.
Wallace Wells from Scott Pilgrim vs the World - He has the best lines in the film.
Isaak Sirko from Dexter - A classy mobster with a strong sense of loyalty.
Bill from The Last of Us - He is a bit of a bastard, but he is good at heart.
Lafayette from True Blood - Another bastard, but probably the only smart character in the entire show.
Dumbledore from the Harry Potter series - He is much cooler in the books. The most powerful wizard but unfailingly polite.

Ones that have not been mentioned:

Lilia from the Traitor Spy trilogy - A young apprentice magician who was betrayed by a friend.
Samantha Traynor from Mass Effect 3 - She likes chess and strategy games and she has a gorgeous accent.
Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell - Bisexual strictly speaking but one of the coolest characters in anime.

Now characters who are not "openly" homosexual, but are hinted at or maybe just the imagination of crazy fans:

Tsumugi Kotobuki from K-On! - It's more apparent in the manga, but she seems to view every close encounter between two females as sexual, regardless of context.
[small]*coughs* Homura Akemi and Madoka Kaname from Puella Magi Madoka Magica *coughs* - Shut up, I think they make a cute couple.[/small]

LifeCharacter said:
Ymir from Attack on Titan
I have seen a hell of a lot of fan art involving her and another character whose name I forget, but you will know who I mean seeing as she is in your avatar. I have only just gotten into the series, but my internet is currently running at about 0.10 Mb/s (I am not joking, I recently switched ISP's and that's what I am getting) so I am kind of stuck in limbo as to being able to carry on watching.

I am liking it a lot so far, even though as normal I kind of dislike the main male protagonist.

Sectan

Aug 7, 2011
WhyWasThat said:
Bill from The Last of Us.

Mainly because they don't dwell on it at all, because it's not important.
I'm going to add Arcade Gannon to that list. He's a character first. It was just simple pronouns in the dialogue that gave it away. This is the post apocalyptic wasteland. Nobody's worried if you're straight or gay.