Who Can Beat Alex Mercer?

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
Alex Mercer is the all powerful being in the world of Prototype, but is there anybody from any other universe that can actually beat him?

I would have to say Goku, Gohan, or Vegeta.

Go wild...

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Well there is always Souplex.
He fights gods.
*Muches on deep-fried old-god tentacle*
Mmmm C'l'mari.

Ladette

Feb 4, 2011
Silver Age Superman = A God in Silver Age DC Universe

He's not even a character so much as a cosmic force. He comes up with new powers as the plot demands and always wins.

Devi Darkside

Sep 3, 2009
I'm going to have to go with something that has most of Mercer's power and who was most likely the inspiration of Alex Mercer.

Carnage.

Varanfan9

Mar 12, 2010
Spider-man. He can dodge attacks ahead of time due to spider sense and has fought guys with similar powers like Carnage and Venom. Plus hes Spider-man, he always wins.
Also Doctor Manhattan for obvious reasons.

Diablo27

Jul 18, 2010
Nothing, Alex Mercer is technically invincible. If you put him in a fight against another invincible being such as Wolverine, they'll just fight forever.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
One of the fundamental laws of physics is that Goku always wins, no matter who is fighting who.

So, Goku.

EDIT: Ohshit, gotta be honest, I didn't read the OP o_O you have that law covered. Sorry, dude.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Ladette said:
Silver Age Superman = A God in Silver Age DC Universe

He's not even a character so much as a cosmic force. He comes up with new powers as the plot demands and always wins.
He could juggle planets.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
ZeroMachine said:
One of the fundamental laws of physics is that Goku always wins, no matter who is fighting who.

So, Goku.
Well done, you picked the obvious choice haha.

Leole

Jul 24, 2010
Diablo27 said:
Nothing, Alex Mercer is technically invincible. If you put him in a fight against another invincible being such as Wolverine, they'll just fight forever.
I'm sorry, how is Alex invincible? As far as I can remember, he can die. Assuming he's in a confined space with Wolverine, he can't regenerate health since he can't consume anything but Wolverine. If we were to assume Adamantium was un-consumable, then Wolverine will just rip Alex to shreds. If not, I seriously doubt Wolverine would just stand still and wait for him to make his move.

Medimorpho

Apr 11, 2011
Alex Mercer can't be beaten. He survived a NUCLEAR blast. Yeah, he turned into a puddle reminiscent of Alex MACK, but he still lived.

Could the Zerg infest Mercer? What would he become afterwards?

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Diablo27 said:
Wolverine is not invincible

Leole said:
Kratos.

He'll rip off his spine and then some.
Alex Mercer doesn't actually have a spine

It all depends, Superman or Goku might be able to do it, as long as Alex doesn't sneak up behind them as a civilian and absorb them

Medimorpho

Apr 11, 2011
Man, if Alex absorbed Goku he'd be literally invincible, and have the ability to go Super Saiyan 4! And have a tail.

Diablo27

Jul 18, 2010
Leole said:
Diablo27 said:
I'm sorry, how is Alex invincible? As far as I can remember, he can die. Assuming he's in a confined space with Wolverine, he can't regenerate health since he can't consume anything but Wolverine. If we were to assume Adamantium was un-consumable, then Wolverine will just rip Alex to shreds. If not, I seriously doubt Wolverine would just stand still and wait for him to make his move.
While he did consume something, he survived a nuclear blast. All that was left was the infection, and after it found something to consume, Alex was reborn. He will always come back no matter what happens. That's why I think Prototype 2 (which I am anxiously awaiting) will be utterly depressing.