Who Can Beat Alex Mercer?

GrimHeaper

Jun 1, 2010
Anyone sayign Kirby clearly doesn't know the fact he is only 8 inches tall.
And Alex is being highly overrated.

andreas3K

Feb 6, 2010
The nanosuit guy from Crysis 2. He could do almost exactly what he did with the ceph, just a bit differently.
He gets a sample of the virus, perhaps by shooting Mercer and scooping up the biomass that splatters onto the street. The nanosuit would then absorb and analyze the virus and develop a cure. Then he lets Mercer consume him and the suit along with the cure, which kills the virus and Mercer from the inside.
I'm guessing that would work.

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
Cole McGrath from inFamous. Remember the boss battle with the cop with the shock stick? Cole is a living shock stick.

William MacKay

Oct 26, 2010
Diablo27 said:
Nothing, Alex Mercer is technically invincible. If you put him in a fight against another invincible being such as Wolverine, they'll just fight forever.
so... never-ending profit for whoever sells tickets?

Raddra

Trashpanda
Jan 5, 2010
Hero in a half shell said:
Wait, there's a version of the flash that is even more broken? How is that even possible? Tell me more.
Zoom (Reverse Flash) is able to alter time. This makes him even faster than Wally West, the fastest of all the Flashes. He can make himself so fast that even the Flashes look like slow-motion to him. He was able to circle the globe and Wally had to absorb all the Speed-Force to fight Zoom who proved that he was even faster than that. Wonder Woman has said that he punches harder than Superman.

However, as he is altering time, friction, seeing and hearing at light-speeds do not affect him. He is also unable to vibrate his molecules and steal speed from other people like the Flashes. However, as he is altering time, the Flashes cannot steal speed from him.

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
There is a character from Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective that could beat him...but even his name is a major spoiler for the game. I can only assume people who beat it will know who I mean.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Count Igor said:
Fenrir Strife said:
Night Angel Snip.
First of all, You rock. Night Angel rocks. We all rock.
Anyway, the Ka'kari can easily defeat the Ferali. Kylar just didn't do it then, as he didn't know how. All he had to do was walk straight through it. I'm guessing that he could do the same with Alex (To an extent). Also, the cellular thing, don't forget that the Ka'Kari is incredibly intelligent and cunning, and can probably do something about that. (Of course, that's just a random statement. Nothing to back it up.)
Problem is that as intelligent as the Ka'Kari is combined with the expertise of even the best of the best wetboy; Zeus has absorbed countless citizens, military commanders and soldiers and not to mention the many feral beasts. He's probably both a tactical and scientific genius thanks to consuming so many people.

Is it possible that the black Ka'Kari would bond with Mercer as he does show compassion and love for his sister and his ex-girlfriend... before they disappeared off the face of the plot o_O Now can you imagine an invisible Mercer with a second conniving conscience?

Chiddles Niidles

Jan 7, 2011
Gluttony from full metal alchemist
i guess batman seing as his belt does defy physics
john freeman
and last but not least anyone who holds a Death Note

The_Evermind

Jul 7, 2009
Batman wouldn't even put up a fight as any cure batman developed Mercer would develop an immunity to, plus whenever Mercer got around to absorbing him Mercer would gain all of the advantages of Batman. GASP! Enemies like the zerg would go down as anything you send at him would be absorbed as biomass until he absorbed a hive mind and gained ultimate control over them. Anyone who relies on physical attacks would be pretty much effed. Any "unkillable" or invincible human such as wolverine would likely fight Mercer to a standstill with neither being able to gain an advantage over the other and the fight would likely devolve into each opponent attempting to restrain the other in an inescapable prison which it would be difficult because Mercer would need to be held in such a way in which not even individual cells can get out but also strong enough to take the enormous forces that Mercer has at his command also because of Mercers agility and ability to reform himself he could likely escape and either rest, regenerate or hide if he felt that he needed to. The most fair fight would be between Mercer and someone skilled at long range attacks, probably those involving electricity or some sort of magic, say Cole for example. A fight such as this would (in my mind) go between Mercer attempting to close the distance (or use whipfist) to deal hugely damaging attacks while his opponent would need to keep his distance and use their power to blast Mercer until Mercer was nearly dead or very tired (if that is even possible) and then trap Mercer in an inescapable prison and then, I don't know, blast it into the sun or deep space or something to that effect so that he couldn't regenerate and could no longer hurt people. Once again however I would see Mercer either A. Shruging off their attacks and cutting them in half. B. Catching his opponents with a whip attack they are to slow to dodge and blowing a hole through them. or C. Finding himself in a bad place, separate his cells, retreat underground, grow massive on bugs, and return massive and invincible so I would have to give Mercer the win there also. The third group of people are either 1. Actually invincible such as Doctor Manhattan 2. Able to bend reality or alter matter on a atomic or sub-atomic level also such as Doctor Manhattan or 3. So Over Powered that the only people who even show up against them are also incredibly over-powered such as Superman or once again Doctor Manhattan. Those people could crush anyone with a thought and would similarly crush Mercer.

EDIT: As a post thought Death Notes would not effect him as they can only stop your heart and if mere nukes cant kill him them heart attacks shouldnt be a problem, if he even has a heart that is.

Raddra

Trashpanda
Jan 5, 2010
On the death note: heart attack is just what occurs when you do not specify a cause of death. Anything you write in the death note becomes real.

As for 'he would develop an immunity to any cure batman invented' that's just plain lazy mary sue 'omg cannot beat him' clause. Its not how comic books work.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
Now that I think about it, a fight between Mercer and Dr. Manhattan would be incredibly awesome to see.