Who didn't buy Mass Effect 3?

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
I enjoyed the first game enough, but got bored half-way through the second one. Still finished it, but I think there is something about the way Bioware does its level design that just fundamentally disagrees with me. I felt it in the Star Wars RPS, I felt it in Mass Effect. As a result of those lack-lustre experiences [EDIT: and, of course, Origin], I had little interest in ME3, though it is interesting to see how they decided to wrap up all those decisions we agonised over in the previous games (read: apparently not very well)

For.I.Am.Mad

May 8, 2010
From what I've read the ending is a lot like the ending to the movie Contact. You do all that build up and in the end you're stuck talking to your Dad.

Killspre

Aug 8, 2011
I did not buy ME3 and probably won't. I do like biowares RPGs but from what I hear each Mass Effect after one started to take away rpg elements for that of a more shooter type game and really we got a thousand of those. Also I had no problems with grenades in the first one :p. Bioware has started going down hill though most of its recent installments story wise are pretty bland. Are they done? Have they reached their peak like Rare did with the N64? Idk probably.

ParadiseOnceLost

Jan 26, 2010
A) I have absolutely no money

B) I want to wait until I get every person to survive the ME 2 ending. (this one is super annoying because I have the loyalty of everyone but I just can't seem to get it so everyone survives.)

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I was going to play the first one when the second came out, but the second just looked bad, like they gotten rid of RPG elements for more FPS ones. I thought I may get around to playing them anyways since my dad owns them all, but in trying to avoid all ME3 spoilers I never herd anyone talk about the changes between 2 and 3. Seeing how Bioware said they wanted to make it even more simple and the difference between 1 and 2 it made me think that 3 will be even worse.

Of course since I never played it feel free to tell me how wrong I am and if that's true I may put it higher on my backlog.

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
it doesn't tickle my fancy. never cared for the series ... just kotor in a more space-marine sense. pleh.

Kathinka

Jan 17, 2010
i didn't, because where i'm from it's legal to download stuff from the internet for free! bam!

maybe, one day, when they make stuff without DLC scams and such that is worth my money, i will buy it..

Fumofu

Nov 11, 2010
I've been waiting for the Mass Effects to go on sale on Steam (still don't own any of them) until I buy them. Then I'll probably buy Mass Effect 3 for the XBox or PS3 since I don't want to use Origin.

evenest

Dec 5, 2009
I haven't purchased it. I just rented it last night. Since there are as many threads on this game as there were with Skyrim, I figured I had better play it through before someone ruins the story's end for me.

I keep waiting for BioWare to release an ME2 complete, but they don't seem to want to do it. As the series (or this particular story arc) has come to a close, I imagine they'll release a collection of all three with their dlc. While I will wait for that to go on sale, I would pick it up.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
I haven't bought it yet.

I'm replaying the series now to see if it still interests me enough to see it to it's conclusion(or there lack of, from what I'm hearing). I'll make my final decision about it once I beat Godzilla Terminator again.

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
I haven't picked it up yet because I never got around to playing the first two to any real degree (I'd played ME1 up to the first mission on with the Rachnos probably three times prior)

By the time I decided to seriously look into them ME3 had already been announced so I figured I'd just play them all through back to back once it was released. I'm about 2/3 through ME2 at the moment.

I was hoping I would be able to just buy all three on Steam but I guess Origin put a monkey wrench in that plan.

Thatrocketeer

Feb 16, 2012
Watched my friend do a play through for the first few hours of the game. It was 3/4 cut scenes, 1/4 game play. And some of the cut scenes were just irritating due to plot induced stupidity, introducing the method to destroy the reapers way too early, and just me and my friend shouting at the TV to just fucking shoot the damn girl/robot already. Suffice to say, that was more than enough to put me off the series.

craftomega

May 4, 2011
Becuase bioware no longer exists. Its only EA now. And everyone knows that whatever EA touches turns to ash.

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
I didn't get it and probably never will...Not that I have a problem with the ME series but for one, I won't buy out of principle for the day-one DLC. Most importantly, I will never give EA my credit card info on Origin.

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
ParadiseOnceLost said:
A) I have absolutely no money

B) I want to wait until I get every person to survive the ME 2 ending. (this one is super annoying because I have the loyalty of everyone but I just can't seem to get it so everyone survives.)
If you have everyone's loyalty, you just need to send the right people on the right jobs. A leader to lead the squads (think of who has leadership experience), a good hacker for the pipes (who on the team can hack well?) and a strong biotic for the bubble (who on the team are the strongest biotics?).

Dark Prophet

Jun 3, 2009
I didn't buy it and as of right now don't really know if I ever will. There are several reasons
1. origin, it has problems. it slows down my PC, it dosen't get along with some of my other programs, it crashes and it rooted itself way too deep into my PC. Although it will probably get better over time.
2. day one dlc thing. it has EA's greedy fingerprints all over it, it was obviously developet along side with the game probably even as a part of the game and at some point it was just cut and made dlc.
3. and then there is the ending (I have seen the videos) it's really bad, I kinda see what they were going for and any of those endings would have worked great as a book ending or even as a movie ending but not as a game ending,
4. Tali. it actually didn't bother me that much but my gf is really into Tali she wanted to romance her already in ME1 and after she saw the photo and the original I could see how the enthusiasm to play ME3 just poored out of her.

Sep 3, 2011
i played both the 1st and 2nd when the 3rd came out i should have been all over it but im not

i have no idea why i just don't feel it like i did with skyrim or still do with wow

maybe one day i'll pick it up but not anytime soon