who didn't buy skyrim today

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
TrilbyWill said:
i dint buy it today,
i bought it two weeks ago.
1 month ahead of you ;)

-swish back into topic-
But billions of people won't buy the game =/ If you think about it, most games sell about 10million max the first few months (anticipated games) that leaves about 7billion990million people who did not buy it :p

Or well it's a rough estimation, but not everyone will have it you know...

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I didn't. I have too many assignments to do, including such lovely things as "program Lunar Lander from scratch in two weeks". Free time? What's that?

warprincenataku

Jan 28, 2010
I have long debated buying it day one and just downloading it illegally. Piracy issues aside, I have always bought Elder Scrolls games, but I think this time around I may hold off buying it for about a month.

Rage came out a month ago and is now 33% off on Steam, so I figure if I wait a month I can get it much cheaper.

As far as the piracy issue goes, it's not merely from choice. Where I live in the world, legitimate games are almost impossible to come by. Downloading from an online venue is pretty much my only option if I want to acquire a legitimate copy.

I really love the ES series and I want to support the developers, but I just can't afford a day one release.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
I fully intend to get it eventually, but I have too many other games to play at the moment to justify paying full price for another one. Besides, Bethesda games are rather hit-or-miss for me.

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
Didn't buy it, not going to buy it and trying to ignore it the best I can. May have to ignore this site until Skyrim talk calms down.

The Eldar Scrolls series does nothing for me.

Mad World

Legacy
Sep 18, 2009
Country
Canada
I didn't. I don't really do consoles and I'm not willing to spend the cash needed to upgrade my PC. Oblivion was awesome - one of my favourite games - but computers are just too expensive. My current computer can definitely play it, but I don't like not being able to max everything (graphical settings).

My computer just feels sort of outdated, so I don't feel like getting new games for it. It's a psychological thing.

farq1414

Jan 26, 2011
SillyBear said:
farq1414 said:
SillyBear said:
farq1414 said:
SillyBear said:
You really had to make a thread for this? Really? Just to tell us you didn't buy something because you don't like it? I didn't buy a mars bar today. Why? I don't like them.

In response to your question, who didn't buy skyrim today?

Probably a few billion people.

I bought it yesterday! hurrah! And I'm loving it to bits.
this is more along the lines that people who don't really like the game also if you love it so much why don't you just go back and play it
Because I have a son to feed and a medical course to study for?

Or I can sit here and watch you make worthless contributions. If you don't like the game, tell us why, be interesting! Don't just say "blah blah blah i didnt get it" and write two sentences.
i didn't because i the TES games have always been to open ended which while some people like i don't because my brain doesn't realy work well without a main objective. This is how i have always been it's just there is no real over reaching objective in the game and even if there is one it realy isn't stated out clearly enough.
After playing seven hours of Skyrim, I can tell you that it is certainly more focused this time. The main story line is great and I was never overwhelmed to the point to where I was in Morrowind where you were told very little.

It's a perfect balance.
well if i can get me hands on it i will judge it for my self

Divine Miss Bee

Feb 16, 2010
not yet! i'll wait for the GOTY edition with all the fun add-ons and pick that up, hopefully for less than the original game but i'll pay up to $60 if i have to. but no more! it's only a reasonable price if i get a whole bunch of stuff.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
...not yet. I have college today (I needed sleep) and I don't think I have any money in my bank at the moment; I am in no big rush.

I am very excited to get it once I can be bothered to download it though.

Monsterfurby

Mar 7, 2008
I didn't for two reasons:

1. I'm away from home and won't really get back to my main (gaming) computer until december.

2. I can't play 3D-games with spiders in them. Yeah, sure, it sounds laughable, but for me, it's really bad. When I happen upon spiders in games like that, my pulse just goes through the roof, with the rest of me just jumping to panic mode without any real reason for it. So yeah, unfortunately, that kind of ruins (unmodded) Skyrim for me (as it did even Minecraft, Dragon Age and many other games).

Dendio

Mar 24, 2010
Didnt buy skyrim. Ill be enjoying arkham city and skyward sword. Bought sonic generations instead, and im loving every second of it

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
I didn't buy it today, more important things to do (Remeberance day overshadows gaming any day). however I'll definitely buy it when its on sale or I may even receive it at Christmas (Guaranteed :D).

I'm excited about skyrim, as are a lot of other people, but I'm not gonna shout about it like some of the nutters you see on here and other forums.

The only games I like enough to shout about are the Baldurs gate games.... (Rules #1 all hail Baldurs gate! so says my own rule book of insane BG fans ^^)

theamazingbean

Dec 29, 2009
Didn't. Won't even consider buying it until I hear some unbiased reviews. May not even buy it then because I tend to hate grindy part of Bethesda RPGs.