Who else is disguisted by children nowadays?

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Armitage Shanks said:
I'm taking this thread deadly seriously. Children between the ages of 3 and 18 are the biggest threat we of the free-world face these days, and are probably the biggest threat ever in the existence of Planet Earth. It is imperative that we treat the situation with the proper gravity it deserves, because we won't get a second chance.

Mark my words, these children are ruthless and will be the end of us all if we don't take action soon enough.

I recommend you start by moving any loved ones or valuables to a safe underground bunker, and for gods sake do not even consider the fact that 'the younger generation' has always acted out. Thats what they want you to think.

To everyone who reads this message, I pray that I live to see the sunrise tomorrow, before we are all crushed under the size-6 heel of childish oppression.

With utter solemnity, I suggest you all do the same.
Lol, a very Max-esque derailment attempt there. :)

Delicious

Jan 22, 2009
Inverse Skies said:
Armitage Shanks said:
I'm taking this thread deadly seriously. Children between the ages of 3 and 18 are the biggest threat we of the free-world face these days, and are probably the biggest threat ever in the existence of Planet Earth. It is imperative that we treat the situation with the proper gravity it deserves, because we won't get a second chance.

Mark my words, these children are ruthless and will be the end of us all if we don't take action soon enough.

I recommend you start by moving any loved ones or valuables to a safe underground bunker, and for gods sake do not even consider the fact that 'the younger generation' has always acted out. Thats what they want you to think.

To everyone who reads this message, I pray that I live to see the sunrise tomorrow, before we are all crushed under the size-6 heel of childish oppression.

With utter solemnity, I suggest you all do the same.
Lol, a very Max-esque derailment attempt there. :)
But derail he must, lest the train of these pint sized tyrants come ripping through the tapestry of intelligence and upstanding morality we adults have woven throughout our golden generation!

Scythos

May 8, 2007
Ed Byrne made a very good joke about how he was in an airport and he saw a five year old girl with gorgeous written huge across her arse. He debated whether or not to bring it up subjectively " that's wrong, you've bought your daughter something that's itemizing her and setting her up for a life of prostitution" but no, if he'd said that to the man who put his 5 year old in those clothes he would of been branded a paedo. So he decided to just walk up to the father and say "Is that your daughter? ....well I couldn't agree more about her arse!" to which he quickly moved on in the other direction leaving the man just stood there.

If you haven't heard or seen any of his stuff Ed Byrne is actually a very funny man.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Delicious said:
But derail he must, lest the train of these pint sized tyrants come ripping through the tapestry of intelligence and upstanding morality we adults have woven throughout our golden generation!
Careful! You almost make it sound like the revoltion is coming!

Apr 17, 2009
Given that kids today are likely to stab me just for looking at them funny or giving the impression that I might be slightly richer than them, I'd say yes, I'm kind of disgusted

Delicious

Jan 22, 2009
Inverse Skies said:
Delicious said:
Careful! You almost make it sound like the revoltion is coming!
'

Ah, but it is! It is! They will come like a swarm of child sized wolves, hacking and biting away at our knees until we become their stubbed servants! They shall force us to buy them their infernal electronics such as the ipod360, threatening to whine or run away from us if we so much as hesisitate in fulfilling their every desire! Their sex and drug fueled rampages will grind our perfect economic systems to a halt as they do nothing but live for themselves! We must prepare for their midgetized onslaught! Quickly! Prepare the time-out cannon!

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Delicious said:
Ah, but it is! It is! They will come like a swarm of child sized wolves, hacking and biting away at our knees until we become their stubbed servants! They shall force us to buy them their infernal electronics such as the ipod360, threatening to whine or run away from us if we so much as hesisitate in fulfilling their every desire! Their sex and drug fueled rampages will grind our perfect economic systems to a halt as they do nothing but live for themselves! We must prepare for their midgetized onslaught! Quickly! Prepare the time-out cannon!
And here we were thinking the Global Financial Crisis was a problem, when the real problem was staring at us right in the face the whole time! Little did we know...

Delicious

Jan 22, 2009
Inverse Skies said:
Delicious said:
And here we were thinking the Global Financial Crisis was a problem, when the real problem was staring at us right in the face the whole time! Little did we know...
Global Financial Crisis? The hell is tha...wait! That must be code for the children's invasion! Brilliant, we mustn't let them know that we know, for they are among the most fiendishly crafty creatures in existence. But our secrecy is not enough, we must band together. Some in Canada have tried to act alone, but the devilchild managed to exploit our own infallible legal system, sueing the knees off her parental figure.

We will avenge you, poor Canadian Stubbed Man.

http://www.parentdish.com/2009/04/08/daughter-wins-lawsuit-against-father-over-punishment/

mrhockey220

Apr 20, 2009
Im only 14 and stop me if its the first time youve heard this but i cant stand kids today. I mean its not like every one of them is a brat ive actually met some nice younger kids but there are a lot of kids out there who wine and complain about the slightest thing. Im also disgusted at the lack of respect of some kids. For instance, I have a buddy of mine who was the same age as me. Our school is a very liberal private school and has us go out and do 25 hours of community service each year and for the freshman they hold a day where we go out and do our first five hours as a class. Now my friend's religion class was asigned to go serve at an school. Him and a few other freshmen had the job of supervising a P.E. class for 1st and 2nd graders. While he was supervising a few of the kids started pushing and shoving so my friend did the responsible thing by picking the ball up and breaking up the fight. Now this worked until one of the kids shouted "get him" and instantly about 30 kids started jumping on him and mind you these are first and second graders. Eventually things setled down but you wonder where were the teachers? I mean it sounds funny when you read it dont get me wrong I laughed when he told me about it but it makes you wonder whats happening to today's youth.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Delicious said:
Global Financial Crisis? The hell is tha...wait! That must be code for the children's invasion! Brilliant, we mustn't let them know that we know, for they are among the most fiendishly crafty creatures in existence. But our secrecy is not enough, we must band together. Some in Canada have tried to act alone, but the devilchild managed to exploit our own infallible legal system, sueing the knees off her parental figure.

We will avenge you, poor Canadian Stubbed Man.

http://www.parentdish.com/2009/04/08/daughter-wins-lawsuit-against-father-over-punishment/
Lol, I think this topic is succesfully off track right about now.

mrhockey220

Apr 20, 2009
StarStruckStrumpets said:
I'm 14 and I wish I was older, I get on with people from around 18+ because they are somewhat mature. Most people my age think it's clever to get laid at 12 then brag about it...I despise being around these deliquents(?) and wish I was 10 years older.
Dude you are totally outlining my life as we speak. The people that are my age at my high school are complete idiots and I go to a private school.

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
Abedeus said:
At least you don't live in Poland. Every single school has 3 simple rules:

1. Remember it.
2. Pass it.
3. Forget it.

Except for the foreign languages, we don't learn actually anything useful in our adult years. Thank God I'm interested in going to a Computer Study University so I'll learn something good. Finally.
I believe you have just described my educational history all the way up to my high school years and I live in America. I was told I had a genius IQ in middle school but if you were to ask me I would say everyone around me is just stupider. I know someone else probably already said it but watch Idiocracy or just read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiocracy

Dr. UBAR

Dec 24, 2008
EmileeElectro said:
Bring back the cane!
That, is exactly the issue. Just because a few bad parents beat their kids for no reason of discipline, doesn't mean the rest of us are not allowed. I'm only 15 now, but when I was about six onwards, my dad had a cane that he used when I was being a twat. Only hit me once but I never dared to piss him off.

My teachers always seem to do a double take when I say sir, as well as most people when they see manners.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Inverse Skies said:
Doug said:
I did think we might be falling into that trap, but in my case (in the UK) we have actual confirmation from the UN that Britain is the worse place in the developed world for raising children (obviously the water starved plains of the Goby desert would be worse if they where developed).

And honestly, I think even my own generation are shite - and my experience in Uni suggests that the UK is in serious trouble given the majority of subjects with needed skills where full of foreigners whilst "Media Studies" was full of Brits. (I did Engineering, to be clear).

I dunno, maybe I am falling into that trap, but honestly, I look at the next and current generation, see the yob culture, the lack of desire to make something of themselves ('what-ever!'), the sense of entitlement ('What? How dare you deny me my dream job just because I lack the skills!'), and this grossy banal 'celeb' culture where everyone thinks they can be rich and famous for no effort.
Actual confirmation as in a scientific study or something along those lines?
UNICEF report - "Human Development Report 2007/2008"

News links:
http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSL1442972820070214?sp=true
http://www.ias.org.uk/resources/publications/alcoholalert/alert200701/al200701_p14.html

Report link:
http://hdr.undp.org/en/reports/global/hdr2007-2008/

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Doug said:
UNICEF report - "Human Development Report 2007/2008"

News links:
http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSL1442972820070214?sp=true
http://www.ias.org.uk/resources/publications/alcoholalert/alert200701/al200701_p14.html

Report link:
http://hdr.undp.org/en/reports/global/hdr2007-2008/
Very nice, I knew you'd have something to back up that. Well there you go, I never would have figured Britian was the worst developed nation for raising kids... I wonder exactly how you've managed to claim that particular title?

maxturbo211

Mar 3, 2008
this kind of backtracking has been going on for awhile. case in point. my psychology teacher, who i might add, is kinda conservative, not that it matters, was describing being made fun of/making fun of other kids during high school... and recalling my own experiences... it seemed to me like my class got all of that bullshit out of our systems during our early grade school years... so i commented to him, during his talk about it.. and quite a few people agreed with me... so apparently not only are people becoming brats at an earlier age (12-13 instead of 15-16 or 17-18 like it used to be), but people are also growing out of that stage faster, and overall becoming more mature, quicker... so its true. this is just a good way to chase our tail, bickering about a problem which doesn't in fact exist. there will always be conservatives, there will always be liberals, but that little spoiled brat, may not always be a spoiled brat. the general populace always seems to remain relatively constant, but individuals do change...

and yes, younger children are dressing sluttier. go figure. our society was based around a religion that people aren't forced to conform to anymore... what would happen if Christianity never existed, if the ten commandments were never introduced... probably what society is becoming today.. get over it!

and a note on discipline, yeah, its getting way to lenient... but overall, theres still harsh parents, theres still lenient parents(albeit alot more lenient parents nowadays).. but i'm still going with the fact that things tend to work themselves out...

DigitalJedl

Apr 10, 2009
Father Time said:
DigitalJedl said:
Father Time said:
DigitalJedl said:
Father Time said:
Why can't anyone realize that 'the next generation will unravel society' has been prophesied over and over? It's like the end of the world theories, there have been so many theories that have been wrong all the time (Y2K for instance) and yet the next one is always taken seriously (like 2012).

Oh and show of hands anyone here have any actual evidence that this generation is more bratty than the previous generation or has more idiots (anecdotal evidence does not qualify)? ...

No no one ever does and yet a portion of the population continue to believe it every single time, probably because they like to look back at their own generation with rosy tinted glasses (nostalgia does that to you) and not realize all the stupid shit they were into or all the spoiled brats in those generations.
... Pokemon?:(
I liked and still like the games, but the TV show was bloody awful I'm ashamed I used to like it. But I remember that stuff being all over the place. Young kids seem to be easily impressed.
Card deals in the back yard at night.
Gameshark hacks to get all the good Pokemon and brag.
Everyone having the (in)famous hat on Ash's head.

Yup, we're douche bags.
Liking something stupid doesn't make you a douche.

Today it's miley cyrus and the jonas brothers, before it was boy bands like nsync and people like christina agulara (I am not going to look up the right spelling).

I still have my card collection even though I haven't played a single game yet.
But yeah kids will do things that seem stupid to fit in (or because they generally think it's good entertainment). That will probably never change.

Oh and freaking out your parents is an added bonus.
Twilight is the king of that throne now.

I didn't mind it before, I never paid much attention to the damn thing. Now all these insane fans are actually physically harming people for having the ol'mighty opinion. Sad panda.