Who has a brag worthy machine?

aceman67

Jan 14, 2010

MoBo: Asus M4A88T-V EVO/USB3
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 B55 @ 3.30GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: 2x ATi Radeon HD 6750 1GB PCIe 3.0
Screen: Dual Monitor 3360x1050 (2x 1680x1050)
Keyboard: Logitech K360 Wireless
Mouse: Steelseries Ikari Laser Mouse @ 3200 DPI
Headphones/Speakers: Logitech 2.1 generic speakers
Storage: 2 500GB, 1 1TB, 1 400GB, 1 250GB

Processor and Video card are a little old, but I can play any new game on the market if I turn down the Anti-Aliasing (I don't play with it turned on anyways, doesn't bother me).

smokeyninjas

Apr 5, 2010
Well its between 3 & 4 years old by this point so not brag worthy but has yet to fail me playing anything

CPU: AMD Phenom 2 X4 965 3.40 GHz black (water cooled)
RAM: 8 gig DRR3
GPU: AMD 5870
Screen: 50 inch full 1080 TV (used to have eyefinity 3 21 inch HD monitors back when i built it but prefer the big screen)
Keyboard: wireless microsoft
Mouse: wireless microsoft
Headphones/Speakers: 5.1
Gamepad: XBOX 360

Yeah i like to play my PC from across the room on my sofa

also have my laptop for other rooms

CPU: 3rd gen I5 2.50 Ghz
RAM: 4 gig DRR3
GPU: Nvidia GT 630M 2 Gig
Screen: 17 inch full HD but normally used it with my 32 inch 1080p TV in me bedroom
Keyboard: base unit but normally use a wireless microsoft
Mouse: base unit but normally use a wireless microsoft
Headphones/Speakers: 5.1
Gamepad: XBOX 360

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Here are mah specs!

Master:
CPU: Intel [email protected] GHZ - Non HT
RAM: 64GB G-Skill 1600 @ 1.65 volts (think that is the right voltage I have it at to compensate for two separate kits)
GPU: Dual Asus 670GTX 2GB
Screen: ViewSonic 120HZ
Keyboard: Logitech Illuminated Slim
Mouse: Logitech G500
Headphones/Speakers: Audio Tecnica M50/Generic Surround Sound for watching Netflix with the family.

Node 01: -Need to reseat the damn heatsink in this one.
CPU: Intel 3570 Stock Clock
RAM: 16GB G-Skill 1600
GPU: EVGA 650Ti

Node 02:
CPU: Intel 3570 Stock Clock
RAM: 16GB G-Skill 1600
GPU: CPU graphics

Dat is it, dat is all. Now if you excuse me, I have to composite an animation that still took 27 freaking hours to render. GRRR!

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Ziame said:
"The Crate"

Win 7 Professional 64
AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz
GeForce GTS 250
8GB Kingston DDR2 (yay for lifetime warranty)

It's like uh, 4 years old? I haven't had any problems with it, apart from Witcher 2 (but I dislike that game anyway).
I have a PC hooked up to a 42" LCD 1080P in my family room with an I7-930 and a GTS 250, 12 Gig 1600 RAM. The GTS 250 got some bad reviews for being noisy, but I love the thing. To this day, if you want to buy a GPU for under $200, they typically come 128 Bit but this is 256 Bit. It was a great value (mine is going on 4 years old too).

I have an HD7970 with I7-2600K with 16 Gig of 1333, and it gets about 55 FPS on high settings on Arkham City. But the GTS 250 gets over 50 using DX10. It is not too shabby. I should do some more bench testing using FRAPS just for fun to see how else they comare.

I haven't tried Witcher 2 on it, but Skyrim plays very nicely. No DX11, but it still looks very nice.

Both PCs use Windows 7 64 Bit

Zac Jovanovic

Jan 5, 2012
Brag worthy machine, to me, is a machine assembled intelligently and drawing maximum bang for the buck.
I can't help but look down at people who spend a fortune on a PC to brag about how irresponsible they are with their money. At about 1000-1200$ (depends on your region!) comes a point where you are paying progressively more money for less and less performance. And then the people who spend a small fortune on a gaming laptop and use it as a desktop..

When someone tells me he spent 2500$ on a PC and expects me too look amazed, I say "Yeah.. that's great. You do realize for that money you could have bought 3 gaming rigs and played in LAN with your friends and none would be able to tell the difference?"

This is the machine I use at the moment, I bought pretty much all of the components at a discount price over the period of 2-3 months, saving about 150$. When I had all of the boxes I assembled it and auctioned the old one.

MB: Asus Z68 VLX
CPU: Intel i5 2310
RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Gray 1600
GPU: Sapphire 6870 1gb
HDD: Hitachi SATA600 500gb
Keyboard: Generic Logitech Keyboard, costs 10$ and lasts minimum 2 years (warranty)
Mouse: X7 laser 3600 dpi

So far it ran all but 2 games on maximum with no problem, it's safe to say 3 with crysis3 but I have no intentions of bying that. And it cost less (with a monitor) than a console with a decent HDTV.

archaicmalevolence

Jul 16, 2010
CPU: Intel i5 2500k @ 4.2GHz (only using air cooling, so might be able to get it a bit higher if i went to liquid)
RAM: 2 x 4gb G.skills Ripjaws & 1333mhz (I probably should consider get RAM with a lower latency, but oh well, these work just fine)
GPU: MSI TF3 7950 @ 1.1GHz (just got this new GPU a week ago, upgrading from a HIS 5870 that died on me after a good 4 years of life)
Screen: AOC 21.5" 1080p
Keyboard: Microsoft sidewinder X4
Mouse: Razer Deathadder (still going strong after 3+ years)
Headphones/Speakers: Sennheiser HD518 (this is my main set, but I've got about 6 other headsets lying around, I think I have too many)

Overall I've been pretty happy with my computer, it runs any game I'm interested in, like TW2 or Dota 2 perfectly fine. It also works great on most games for PS2 emulation, I manage to easily pull out a constant 60fps for Xenosaga 1 at 6 x native, which I couldn't do before with my 5870. Although to be honest the difference between 4x and 6x native is basically unnoticeable.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
My laptop beats all of the above:p

Fujitsu LifeBook AH531
CPU: Intel i5-2430m dual core 2.4GHz
GPU: Intel HD3000 64mb up to 1.7gb
Ram: 6gb generic stuff
HDD: 750gb
Headphones: 30$ Skullcandy earphones

To be honest this laptop is actually pretty good. I can run almost all games at medium at around 25fps. The only games that gave me issues were The Witcher 2 and Alan Wake.

Octorok

May 28, 2009
Zac Jovanovic said:
Brag worthy machine, to me, is a machine assembled intelligently and drawing maximum bang for the buck.
I can't help but look down at people who spend a fortune on a PC to brag about how irresponsible they are with their money. At about 1000-1200$ (depends on your region!) comes a point where you are paying progressively more money for less and less performance. And then the people who spend a small fortune on a gaming laptop and use it as a desktop..

When someone tells me he spent 2500$ on a PC and expects me too look amazed, I say "Yeah.. that's great. You do realize for that money you could have bought 3 gaming rigs and played in LAN with your friends and none would be able to tell the difference?"

This is the machine I use at the moment, I bought pretty much all of the components at a discount price over the period of 2-3 months, saving about 150$. When I had all of the boxes I assembled it and auctioned the old one.
In all fairness, speaking as someone who overspent by quite a way, I never expect anyone to be impressed by how much I spent on my PC. I also kinda live by your definition of "bragworthy", so I'm always pretty embarrassed to say how much by PC cost me.

With that in mind - I'm not some fool with more money than sense, and I thoroughly researched exactly what I wanted from a custom build (every last component), and I knew from the start that some of my components (*cough* the GTX 680 *cough*) were not performance-per-pound as good as something cheaper. That was really just future-proofing in exchange for more money. Right now, my CPU and GPU are wasting power. But, 3-5 years from now, I'd like to still be using the same machine, without tinkering with it too much.

I also knew that by not building it myself I was paying a hefty premium, both for the construction and overclocking, and the extra cost of not bargain hunting.

All in all, even allowing for the inflated European tech price (and the fact that I had to buy a new monitor, speakers, keyboard etc.), I probably paid £2-300 "extra". I knew that going in, and I considered it a fair price to pay for my own peace of mind. I suppose you could call that "irresponsible", but to me, it was that or try to build it myself with very little confidence that I could. And, not meaning to sound callous or arrogant, but I could afford to spend the money.

It's nice to not have to "worry" about any part of what is a fairly intimidating process. I may build my next rig, many years from now. We'll see.

mirage202

Mar 13, 2012
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K
RAM: 16GB DDR3
GPU: GeForce GTX 650 Ti
Screen: Samsung SyncMaster 2343BW
Keyboard: Logitech G15
Mouse: Logitech G5
Headphones/Speakers: Turtlebeach X12

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Mine is far superior

The sad thing is that it actually does produce smoke if I have the back on and don't use ice packs every 10 minutes.

Should be getting a very high tier rig soon though. Within 10 days anyway.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008

I can't be bothered listing all the specs, but basically you're looking at a machine with an i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, 8GB DDR3 and 2xGTX 570s OCed.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Dpn't laugh

CPU: Core i7-3520M 2-Core 2.9GHz
GFX: Intel HD Graphics 4000
HDD: 750gb
RAM: 8gb DDR3 1600

Yes I could destroy you all Shut up! It's my baby and it plays modern games at low to medium.

I'm waiting for a 2tb portable HDD in the mail, I love you ebay.

I do love my 13inch Macbook Pro :D

Meatspinner

Feb 4, 2011
Model: Dell Dimension 9100
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz Dual-Core
RAM: 4 gigs
GPU: GeForce 210
Screen: iiyama ProLite E1900S
Keyboard: Donno, but i got it for cheap since somebody returned it
Mouse: Hand me down optical mouse
Headphones/Speakers: Steel Series

On this I can play any modern game (that's designed for consoles) on medium. I'm currently going through The Witcher 2 with a stable 15-20 fps.

I might consider upgrading next year

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
This is from my system information, self built. Overall it cost me about £1200 (This is over time, things like the OS have been upgraded as I go.

Oh GPUs are a GTX 680 and a 570 (friend gave me the 570 so I shoved it in my machine to run my second monitor which takes the pressure of the 680 running two displays)

OS Name Microsoft Windows 8 Pro
Version 6.2.9200 Build 9200
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name -PC
System Manufacturer To be filled by O.E.M.
System Model To be filled by O.E.M.
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU To be filled by O.E.M.
Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor, 3211 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0705, 22/08/2011
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Unsupported
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.2.9200.16442"
Username
Time Zone GMT Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 16.0 GB
Available Physical Memory 14.3 GB
Total Virtual Memory 32.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 29.4 GB
Page File Space 16.0 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

ChaoticLegion

Mar 19, 2009
PC Gaming Master Race Elite reporting in:

GPU: GeForce GTX680 4096MB
CPU: i7-3770k 3.50Ghz
RAM: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2x4GB) [2000MHz]
Motherboard: Biostar Z77X
Storage 1: OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD
Storage 2: Seagate Barracuda 1TB {7200RPM}
Case: Antec 1200 [Black] (This thing is huge)

Peripherals:
Mouse: Razer Imperator
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa Mirror
Headset: Razer Megalodon 7.1

PuffinBox

Aug 29, 2011
CPU:i7-2600 3.40GHz 8 CPUs
RAM:12 GBs
GPU: AMD 6670 HD
Screen:generic Pnp Monitor <-- crap?
Keyboard: a comfortable microsoft one
Mouse: Logitech M570 and A4tech X7 V-track(is this any good it was a "present")

Its serviceable plays medium-high settings on most games except the Witcher 2 which I can't run.

Zac Jovanovic

Jan 5, 2012
Octorok said:
With that in mind - I'm not some fool with more money than sense, and I thoroughly researched exactly what I wanted from a custom build (every last component), and I knew from the start that some of my components (*cough* the GTX 680 *cough*) were not performance-per-pound as good as something cheaper. That was really just future-proofing in exchange for more money. Right now, my CPU and GPU are wasting power. But, 3-5 years from now, I'd like to still be using the same machine, without tinkering with it too much.

I also knew that by not building it myself I was paying a hefty premium, both for the construction and overclocking, and the extra cost of not bargain hunting.
But when you think about it it's really not, future proofing I mean. Well, not cost effective future proofing at least.
The card costs 3x more than your average gaming card, and your average gaming card will run almost all games maxed out. An odd PC exclusive here and there or a exceptionally crappy port aside.

How long do you think the 680 will be able to keep it up? Even if you buy an average graphic card every 2 years, they would last at least 6 years for the price of the gtx680.

A dear friend of mine bought a high end Nvidia card a few years back,a Gigabyte OC edition, ended with a 75, 2 gigs memory, not sure exactly which one, it's been a while. He paid a good 400 euros for it, and he had to replace it a couple months before the 3 year warranty expired because it ran games worse than a 105 euro card of the current gen. Oh he was mighty pissed. He could have stuck with it for a while longer, but he's a graphics freak and playing games on medium to low settings is beneath him.

Now, I understand most people are not into computers all that much aside for using them, but my life revolves around them and it's kind of my job to know these things.
But this was about bragging rights, and in my book, not knowing something but being able to shovel money at it instead is nothing to brag about.

PS: Who the hell charges assembling a PC?:S
I mean, I do. But I don't sell the components I assemble. If you buy a custom built PC from a shop they are supposed to bloody assemble it for free:x

Ziame

Mar 29, 2011
Gorfias said:
Ziame said:
"The Crate"

Win 7 Professional 64
AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz
GeForce GTS 250
8GB Kingston DDR2 (yay for lifetime warranty)

It's like uh, 4 years old? I haven't had any problems with it, apart from Witcher 2 (but I dislike that game anyway).
I have a PC hooked up to a 42" LCD 1080P in my family room with an I7-930 and a GTS 250, 12 Gig 1600 RAM. The GTS 250 got some bad reviews for being noisy, but I love the thing. To this day, if you want to buy a GPU for under $200, they typically come 128 Bit but this is 256 Bit. It was a great value (mine is going on 4 years old too).

I have an HD7970 with I7-2600K with 16 Gig of 1333, and it gets about 55 FPS on high settings on Arkham City. But the GTS 250 gets over 50 using DX10. It is not too shabby. I should do some more bench testing using FRAPS just for fun to see how else they comare.

I haven't tried Witcher 2 on it, but Skyrim plays very nicely. No DX11, but it still looks very nice.

Both PCs use Windows 7 64 Bit
wait, noisy? I can't hear the thing even when speakers are offline, and if they're on, then well, it's noisy for all kind of different reasons :D

I hooked it under 24" LCD, 1920/1080 native. Kills performance a bit. I think next time I'll go for something smaller.

Zac Jovanovic

Jan 5, 2012
PuffinBox said:
CPU:i7-2600 3.40GHz 8 CPUs
RAM:12 GBs
GPU: AMD 6670 HD
Screen:generic Pnp Monitor <-- crap?
Keyboard: a comfortable microsoft one
Mouse: Logitech M570 and A4tech X7 V-track(is this any good it was a "present")

Its serviceable plays medium-high settings on most games except the Witcher 2 which I can't run.
What do you mean you can't run?:O I've seen it work "fine" on a dual core Intel and a 9600gt 512mb.
You should be running it with ease.

Also, that's a mighty odd build you have there. Was it originally intended for something other than gaming?

Ziame said:
wait, noisy? I can't hear the thing even when speakers are offline, and if they're on, then well, it's noisy for all kind of different reasons :D

I hooked it under 24" LCD, 1920/1080 native. Kills performance a bit. I think next time I'll go for something smaller.
It depends on the manufacturer really, there are usually comparative reviews for the same card by all the major manufacturersto be found. There are literally more than a 100 variations of the GTS250 :p

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
GPU: GTX 470
CPU: Phenom II X6 3.2Ghz
RAM: 12GB
Motherboard: Evo M40 something or other
HDD: Samsung 1TB
SSD: OCZ Agility 120GB
Mouse: Some cheap wireless Logitech one
Keyboard: Some cheap Logitech one
Gamepad: Logitech F710
Headset: Some cheap Logitech one, I guess I have a sort of theme going on here :p

I built this myself slightly over two years and has been doing me more than fine ever since.