Who here will not be playing GTAV?

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Well, I don't really like open world games, except for Infamous... Or Brutal Legend... Or Fallout 3 and NV.
Heh, it seems that I just don't like open world in modern, realistic setting. Either way, I won't buy it. But maybe I'll watch a lets play of it. Eventually.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
I've never been dreadfully interested in the GTA games for some reason. I mean, I sometimes get an urge to try it, but as soon as I'm sitting there, staring at the Steam or GMG store page, contemplating spending money on it, that urge just vanishes. Even when the games are on sale.

If one of the three protagonists in GTAV had been a woman I might have been slightly more inclined to buy it, but not by much and thus I still probably wouldn't have. I'm not terribly interested in playing assholes I guess; I can't even manage to play Renegade in Mass Effect.

EDIT: Also, seeing as I don't have a console that would run it I'd have to wait for the PC version if it ever came out. Still waiting for Red Dead Redemption, so...

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
I have around 40 games from GOG to get to.
I have Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and Diablo 3 on the way.
I cannot be arsed with GTA5, or the series in general. They just don't appeal to me.

Furrama

Jul 24, 2008
I won't, I don't like shooters/guns and most M rated stuff. I usually won't play things above T, even though I'm way over the age bracket.

And given the history of the game and how it treats women... not giving them my dollar for that.

Ryan Hughes

Jul 10, 2012
Not I. For one, I have not really played a GTA game since GTAIII. Indeed, it was fun to plow over pedestrians, hit a ramp, and see how many times I could flip over before falling into the water. However, the story missions were mediocre at best, and I have never truly been compelled by the series. Basically, I forgot about the game as soon as put it down.

Vice City and San Andreas were not much of an improvement over GTAIII, and as a result, I never picked up IV.

I suppose I just prefer games with compelling stories rather than indulgent schadenfreude.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I will be getting it, however I am not desperate to get it straight away. Partly because me and GTA aren't really best pals, and another is because my birthday is on the 26th so I can wait, and even then I might not even play it until I'm finished with some games I need to catch up on (like Shadow of the Colossus and Condemned).

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I have no plans given I didn't like 4 much, it was an impressive tech demo that wasn't very fun in the end.
The simulated social life really irritated me and interrupted much of my fun, you felt obligated to keep doing them at risk of one of your homicidal friends coming by and asking you to hangout, with a shotgun.

D-Class 198482

Jul 17, 2012
The fanbase. Entirely the fanbase. If you peruse around my made threads, you'd see I really enjoy Saints Row 3 and especially Saints Row IV.
Guess what you see on every video relating to Saints Row IV?
'OMG, GTA V WILL BE /SO/ MUCH BETTER!'
'GTA V WILL BLOW THIS SHIT OUT OF THE WATER!'
'GTA V IS DA BEST GAYME EVAH!'
I really don't want to associate with these people.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
It isn't on PC right now and I don't play shooting games with a controller, if I can help it. Also, I never really understood the hype around GTA5. I never saw much reason to be that excited about it. I'll probably get it if it shows up on PC and goes on sale for at least 50% off. Other than that, I can't really picture myself caring about it enough to pick it up

Whispering Cynic

Nov 11, 2009
Well I certainly won't. The last GTA game I tried playing was number 3 and I found it incredibly boring. The sequels were pretty much more of the same, from what I could gather. I'll take a tennis ball and a flat wall over a GTA game any day.

There's also no PC version available, so even if I by some miraculous (read alcohol-related) twist of fate decided to pick it up, I would lack the means to play it.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I'm not going to play it unless it gets a PC port.

I might have to wait a few months for that to happen, but I am fine waiting for it.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
oh oh oh me me me!!!

I won't be playing it :D

If I want to play a sand box game, I'll get Saints Row 4. I value humor far more then 'grit'

kurokotetsu

Proud Master
Sep 17, 2008
Don't have the consoles. And I'm not a great fan of either GTA nor sandbox games in general. So I won't play it even if the PC version comes up. So me. I wo't be playing GTA V in the foreseeable future.

Captch: gangnam style. Well that brings memories. Of not having memories.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I don't particularly care for the GTA series. However, I am eagerly awaiting Pokemon X/Y's release. However, at the moment I can neither afford a copy off Y, nor a 3DS to play it. T.T

Soundwave

Sep 2, 2012
I am also not getting it, on the grounds that I can't enjoy games if I don't like the characters.

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
I'll get it eventually.

But, not anytime soon.

Although I do like the GTA series, I'm kindof tired of it right now. And GTAV looks to be more of the same.

Personally, I'm much more interested in Watch Dogs. I'll probably end up getting GTAV sometime next year. Between my backlog and a few other games coming out this year, GTAV just has no place in my life for awhile.

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
I doubt I'll ever touch it. Never liked GTA, really. Just don't find it fun.