Who is the greatest villain?

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
I'm a big Magneto fan. Though he's on the good guy's side for the moment.

Firstly he has a fantastic motivation, after seeing the holocaust he doesn't want to see it repeated on his fledging species, he thinks the only way to peacefully exist with the humans is to rule them. At the core it's good intentions as the source of his evil actions.

Then there's his powers, control of electromagnetism is awesome, it's one of the four fundamental fources of the universe, it allows for manipulating ferrous metal and creating electricitical fields. It's a sufficiently impressive enough power to single handedly take on the X-men or the Avengers.

It's the blend of both hero and villainous styles. A cape and underwear on the outside that is classical to superheroes (and surprisingly uncommon in the marvel universe) combined with a intimadating horned helmet. The colours are red and purple. In comics the primary colours (red, yellow, blue - Artistic not physics ones) are often used to symbolize heroes while secondary are used for villains. It's not a concrete rule, but it's a trend that is surprisingly noticeable if you think about it. Magneto has both a primary and a secondary colours, both villainous and heroic, in line with the duality of his character. Red is also a colour of passion, espeically hate, a strong part of Magneto's personality, while purple is often used in a regal or religous setting, much how Magneto sees himself as a ruler and perhaps even a prophet of mutantdom.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Evil Batman.

Seriously, in any scenario he wins. I want to see a fight between evil Batman and Batman. Not a lame ass clone of batman who doesn't have his abilities or something like that. Batman. Evil.

Seriously.

Lawllerskater

Jan 29, 2010
Redlin5 said:
Evil Batman.

Seriously, in any scenario he wins. I want to see a fight between evil Batman and Batman. Not a lame ass clone of batman who doesn't have his abilities or something like that. Batman. Evil.

Seriously.
So you mean Owlman?

MarcFirewing

Sep 17, 2010
PortalFTW said:
Who is the greatest villain of all time in any media. Personally I think The Joker from The Dark Night is the best. He's just so dark and deranged. To me he is the best version of the character
I saw this thread and immediately The Joker came to my mind. Not just specifically from The Dark Knight but now that I think about it, he definitely was, imo, the best.

Hamish Durie

Apr 30, 2011
GLADHOS easily she killed heaps of people, puts humans in life threatening tests for fun and makes you kill the companion cube whyyyyyyy
but honestly i wouldnt have her any other way

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
I'd probably have to say the Joker, but honorable mentions go to Mr. Nobody [http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/mrnobody4.jpg] and the Corinthian [http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_images/J/jaszhokhinn/1075825171_corinthian.jpg] (just look at him).

JordanXlord said:
KingofallCosmos said:
Look at his eyes:
*snip*

...holy..Crap your Right!

so the Pope is Evil?...Religion Just got Interesting
That's not really fresh news...
...is it?

OspreySoul

Mar 30, 2011
I tend to like the villains who are actually smarter than the heroes and usually have them running in circles trying to keep up. That and a good dose of charisma makes for a villain I'm always tempted to cheer for.
Some of my favorites are Megabyte from ReBoot, Dr. Lecter from Silence of the Lambs, GLaDOS from Portal, and Wesker from Resident Evil.

rancher of monsters

Oct 31, 2010
Vausch said:
rancher of monsters said:
Vausch said:
God.

I'm not trying to incite a riot here, I'm just answering based on what I read in the Old Testament and several arguments one of my professors put forward.
God wasn't evil, he just didn't know how to direct his anger properly. Besides, he's really calmed down since he had that kid of his :)
I could argue that but I fear admin wrath and people looking at me as an unintentional troll.
I was really joking anyway so yeah, maybe we should leave the intense theological debate to another thread.

plugav said:
I'd probably have to say the Joker, but honorable mentions go to Mr. Nobody [http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/mrnobody4.jpg] and the Corinthian [http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_images/J/jaszhokhinn/1075825171_corinthian.jpg] (just look at him).

JordanXlord said:
KingofallCosmos said:
Look at his eyes:
*snip*

...holy..Crap your Right!

so the Pope is Evil?...Religion Just got Interesting
That's not really fresh news...
...is it?
One of my first thoughts upon seeing the new Pope was "Holy crap he looks evil! I think he's the antichrist!" But if the Pope is the emperor then who Darth Vader and Luke?

Neogeta said:
Kobe Bryant
No see, you meant Michael Vick. Kobe was the one who allegedly raped somebody and we don't care anymore. Vick made dogs fight each other, he's much worse.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
the villian from 'the hunchback of notre dame'.
Frollo is a villian you love to hate, and he has ACTUAL CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
rancher of monsters said:
One of my first thoughts upon seeing the new Pope was "Holy crap he looks evil! I think he's the antichrist!" But if the Pope is the emperor then who Darth Vader and Luke?
Ah, good question!

zhoominator

Jan 30, 2010
For me? Well judging by my avatar, one of the obvious pick is Davros. He's utterly nuts but also insanely clever. He also seems to have succeeded in his plans whereas most villains don't. They had to send a time traveler back to stop his plan because it had gone so well and that STILL didn't work. Even after so many seasons, his creations just don't die. If anything, they just get more powerful each time they're knocked down.

Charisma

Oct 28, 2008
Um, motherfucking Hannibal Lecter?

Jesus, did it really take two pages for him to be mentioned? No other villain, antagonist, or anti-hero is even on the same plane of existence.