Who is your favorite game reviewer(s)?

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
let's see, Yahtzee, SGB (Super Gaming Bros), AVGN, Happy Video Game Nerd, Classic Game Room HD

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
Yahtzee, Mark from CGR, AVGN, Turboviews, Screwattack VGR, Spoonyone, Kwing, Derek from CGR Undertow, 3kb, ARProductions, AngryJoe, Ashens, Koru from Korus game reviews, Lan from Lans black bag, 2bit gaming, Problem Gamer, HVGN, The retro job, PatTheNESPunk, Peanutbuttergamer, NESSNESMASTER, Retrogamer3 and Zeitgeist.

There is a few guys to get you started.

hurfdurp

Jun 7, 2010
If I can't have Yahtzee, Bob will do in a pinch. His voice is so soothing I just believe everything he says.

Casimir_Effect

Aug 26, 2010
The guys over at Rock, Paper, Shotgun do a good job and I tend to trust them more than others.

Angry Joe is good at letting you know games which are just plain fun.

Yahtzee is funny but prefers being overly harsh on games for the laughs. Spoony is also funny but has a bit too much hatred of anything new or which is fun but uninnovative. That being said, his Let's Play of SWAT 4 is fantastic - [link]http://spoonyexperiment.com/category/lets-play/swat-4/page/2/[/link]

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
Jeff Gerstman, Vinnie Caravella and the other boys at Giantbomb. The next videogame site I frequent most after the Escapist.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
le picklez said:
If yahtzee didn't exist I wouldn't read any videogame reviews frequently (from the same person)
Same here. He's the only reviewer I keep track of.
I'm not really into reviews unless I'm looking for actual details about gameplay. I don't really care about some shut-in's opinion of a game unless he's really funny about it. Even then I'm not exactly going to respect the opinion, Yhatzee was one of the many reviewers who loved No More Heroes which is in my opinion one of the most boring games ever made.
That's why I love demos and rentals: it's the best way for me to find out if I should buy a game.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Huh.... Well I'd have to go with..DAMMIT!! I don't know STOP ASKING ME SUCH A HORRIFYING QUESTION!?!? NO Yahtzee!?!

*Screams like a girl then Dives out the window*

I regret Nothiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
There used to be a writer from magazine I stopped reading. His name was James Ellis, and his articles were invariably the best.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
Ellie Gibson from Eurogamer. She is entertaining like some game reviewers I could mention but she also does the actual job of reviewing games properly.

VGFreak1225

Dec 21, 2008
Still a fan of Yahtzee and the AVGN. Other than him the only other person I can think of whom I read his reviews on a regular basis is probably Jim Sterling from Destructoid.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Me.

I occasionally look at some reviews on other sites, but in the end I trust my own feelings and opinions. Generally I only play a small selection of high quality games anyway (mostly through coincidence - I usually only play sci-fi space operas; this area is Halo Central, I received Mass Effect for a present maybe a year back and got Homeworld and my small library of GBA games - including Metroid Fusion - ah... I dunno how long ago) so good reviews generally only confirm my suspicions. Bad reviews of a game I want to get aren't likely to dissuade me (I only get games if I REALLY want them, e.g Mass Effect 2 and Halo: Reach).

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
You are asking who we think is the best video game reviewer. On the escapist. I think I may have suddenly been struck with that mystical power of prediction that Yatzee, my favourite video game reviewer, recently mentioned.

crazybombard

Sep 11, 2009
Tenkage said:
crazybombard said:
I use to like the Sess and Webb on X-play, but since I don't get G4 anymore,( and if yahtzee didn't exist) i would say Game Informer and or "searching on teh Google".

AVGN, Spoony, and TGWTG are good, but for entertainment.
You know that reminds me, I miss Cheat and Arena on G4, remember when it was a channel devoted to Gaming? Yeah....NOW ITS A SPIKE T.V. CLONE!!! Sorry got angry there

Aww the good ol days, when The Sess and Webb were funny, and the only ones reviewing games.