Who is your favourite video game character?

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I've never had a favourite for personality, well not without over thinking, and its far too early in the day for that!

For style alone my favourites are Vincent from FFVII, Auron from FFX and Starkiller from Force Unleashed!

Actually thinking about it, personality wise I like Otacon from MGS... I don't know why, but I just got him! He never fails to make me smile in a semi-predictable type of way!

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
Wheatley from Portal 2. Stephen Merchant was remarkable as the personality orb whose stupidity was endearing and not annoying in the slightest. His greed overcomes him and the character changed in a believable way, not sacrificing any of his dimwitted charm whilst attempting to kill you.

Second to Wheatley is probably Ellis from Left 4 Dead 2.

silenticecream

Nov 3, 2011
TheDarkEricDraven said:
Me...in the sense that I like featureless protagonists better. It is much more awesome to be having the adventure yourself!
This...though as an impressionable teenager, Lara Croft did make intelligence sexy, as As Oceans suggested. I mean, Wander? FFS? I mean in acceptance of this, really? I love gaming

coffeedrinker

Sep 28, 2011
V TheSystem V said:
Wheatley from Portal 2. Stephen Merchant was remarkable as the personality orb whose stupidity was endearing and not annoying in the slightest. His greed overcomes him and the character changed in a believable way, not sacrificing any of his dimwitted charm whilst attempting to kill you.

Second to Wheatley is probably Ellis from Left 4 Dead 2.
Oh yeahhh i like Wheatley too^^ I know some people who don´t, which is rareo_O

My faves:
Terra (obviously), Sabin, Edgar, ULTROS:D - Final Fantasy VI
Red XIII - Final Fantasy VII
FemShep, Liara, Garrus, NORMANDY (most beautiful lady in ME:D, i mean... LOOK at her: http://chesthighwalls.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/mass-effect-normandy.jpg
- Mass Effect Series
male/female Hawke, Varric, Leliana, Isabella - Dragon Age Series
Lunair - Quintessence, The blighted Venom
GLADoS, Wheatley, Turrets - Portal 1/2

Gali

Nov 19, 2009
As a big Batman-Fan, I would say Batman from the Arkham games. Rocksteady did a really good job.

If you only count characters who just appear in games, I choose Jansen Friedh from Lost Odyssey. He is the "funny/sarcastic guy" of the group, but during the story he develops some other character traits/undergoes some changes, well... the rest would be spoilers. ;)

Generalissimo

Your Commander-in-Chief
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
UK
http://timesplitters.wikia.com/wiki/Sergeant_Cortez

this dude, seriously he's pretty badass.

Aug 17, 2009
I can't nail down a single one, so here's my top list:

Out of all of them, I'd say John Marston, mostly because he's the only serious video game character I've ever gotten attached to, and he's a genuinely good character by any standard.

lemby117

Apr 16, 2009
Nalbis said:
More on-topic though: I think I'm gunna have to go with Garrus, he's just such a damn bad ass. Nothing made me more excited/giddy than the moment in ME2 when you saw him again, especially the way it was done, I'm probably the only one who didn't clock that Blood Angel was Garrus though hah. Also... the guy took a friggin' rocket to the face.
Yeah got to go with this, I did not sea arch-angle being garus, i just expected a cameo., but damn he is awesome

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
I dont really have a favourite as there are loads I like but for the purpose of this thread I will go for April Ryan one of the best characters ever written coming across as very human and believable. Unfortunately she wasnt as good in Dreamfall but Zoe was there then so she took up the slack.

I would also put special mention to Kain from blood omen (not so much the others) he is just a perfect example of a complete bastard he always makes me smile.

Oh and Makoto Nanaya from Blazblue:CS she is just pure win, well unless I play with her then she usually loses but I look epic doing it.

I also love all the playable cast from FFVII and Persona 4.

ConstantErasing

Sep 26, 2011
Kefka from FFVI. One of the most awesome villains ever, no doubt (and I like my villains). I mean, seriously, he is a murderous psychopath that kills a castle full of people with poison, betrays the emperor, becomes a god, and ruins the world all because he enjoys it.

mrgerry123

Aug 28, 2011
Ezio Audacity the Refrigerator
Especially in AC2
Probably a good character because he evolves. Great voice acting as well