Who is Your Waifu?

mrhappy1489

May 12, 2011
Silvanus said:

Yes yes I will Stannis I'm so glad you asked Stannis.

Great pad, romantic type, shapeshifting abilities.

It's a pity they're both straight. Well, the first one was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but still. Throws a wrench into the imagination machine. I can't think of anybody gay.
Mate you're fucking tops. Stannis Baratheon is the Fucking man and the best choice for King of the Seven Kingdoms, behind The Lord Commander himself (It's a spoiler don't look it up if you don't want anything either somewhat ruined, although it is only a theory and was introduced in the First Book, so it's not that bad, but still Spoiler).

This chick is seriously one of the most badass female leads I have ever seen and I honestly consider her to be the coolest character in the entire show

hickwarrior

a samurai... devil summoner?
Nov 7, 2007
Whelp, I'll throw my hat in the ring. I've already seen someone actually nominate Lily from katawa shoujo. She is a very kind and gentle woman, very romantic. I really liked what both hisao and she went through, through her story.

And I'll never forget this scene:

Man... this game just releases some memories to me. And no matter what, no other fictional will come close to her I feel. But that's just what happens when you feel that for the first time.

I just hope I didn't come off creepy.

AsurasEyes

Sep 12, 2012
I'd say Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion because the idea of having around three dozen clones of my waifu running around my house would be fucking awesome, but I wouldn't want to live in the Evangelion universe, nor would I want to take Gendo's waifu from him.

So instead, I say Knives Chau from Scott Pilgrim.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
mrhappy1489 said:
Mate you're fucking tops. Stannis Baratheon is the Fucking man and the best choice for King of the Seven Kingdoms, behind The Lord Commander himself (It's a spoiler don't look it up if you don't want anything either somewhat ruined, although it is only a theory and was introduced in the First Book, so it's not that bad, but still Spoiler).
I'm in Stannis' camp, but I have one reservation, and her name is Melisandre. Sadistic, fanatic person. If Stannis gets rid of her I can be behind him 100%.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
I have never seen a female character in Anime that I'd want to have as a friend, let alone a girlfriend. For whatever reason, they seem to come equipped with any one of a half dozen or so utterly broken personalities and often come with various psychosis, personality disorders, or crippling social disorders to boot.

It's like asking which sitcom wife would you want as your own wife: the answer is none of them because people who constantly generate funny situations from the outside are a pain in the ass to deal with up close.

mrhappy1489

May 12, 2011
Silvanus said:
mrhappy1489 said:
I'm in Stannis' camp, but I have one reservation, and her name is Melisandre. Sadistic, fanatic person. If Stannis gets rid of her I can be behind him 100%.
I have my reservations about Melisandre, but you know who completely overshadows her and makes me 100% a man for the King in the Narrow Sea, Davos Seaworth. That man is in my top 3 favorite characters and his willingness to what's right make me absolutely love him and by extension Stannis.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
I have two characters that I can say without a doubt are my waifus.

Sasha from InFAMOUS.

Oh, Sasha. How deliciously obsessed with Cole you are. Honestly, she's quite insane, thanks to Kessler. But maybe that's the reason I love her... or maybe it's the stripperiffic thing she's got going on, or maybe it is that amazing, silky voice.

Yeah, it's probably really weird, but I just love her for some reason.

Mileena from Mortal Kombat.

This chick is AWESOME! She's a badass, evil assassin who uses Sai, and takes a childlike glee in killing her targets. Now, most of you are probably thinking, "Ok, the body is acceptable, but the TEETH!" What if I told you the tarkatan teeth wasn't a dealbreaker? Yeah, it doesn't really bother me. I love her entirely.

...yeah, I guess I have a thing for deadly, mentally unhinged women. .__.

pspman45

Sep 1, 2010
I ain't gay or nothin
but Kanji Tatsumi from Persona 4
I even have a little statue of him and everything. What a fuckin hero.
my not gay one is Naoto Shirogane, also from Persona 4

el derpenburgo

Jan 7, 2012
Isn't waifu like a tongue in cheek insult for "perfect girlfriend" type deals? Or has the reclamation already begun?

wildwind1290

Jun 15, 2009

Cagalli Yula Atha from Gundam SEED.

Girls like Cagalli come only once in a blue moon. She's a stubborn one and a tomboy if there ever once was one, but she's the kind of girl who'll push back if shoved and more than willing to fight for her country and what she believes in. Plus, she's a skilled diplomat, a pretty good shot, and a welcome addition to the sorority of badass female mobile suit pilots in the Gundam series...and then Gundam SEED Destiny came along and chucked all that out the nearest airlock. Thanks a bunch, Sunrise.

Charlotte Dunois from Infinite Stratos.

Out of all the girls in Infinite Stratos, Charlotte, the transfer student from France, is the one character who holds my interest the most. She's kind, demure, and mature but still young at heart, but you put her in an IS she will own you. Plus, when you consider the fact that she has an IS that's technically a generation behind compared to the other characters (two, in other cases), she's technically fighting with a handicap. That says a lot about her skill level. I haven't watched season 2 yet, but Charlotte deserves some more spotlight.

And that smile. Good buttery God, that smile is so friggin' cute it's lethal.

Lucina from Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Lucina captured my heart with her kind of determined, never-say-die spirit. But as you see from her support conversations, though, she's got a softer side that captures you just as easily. Plus, if I was going on an adventure, you better damn well know I would want Lucina at my back going through a door. She's no joke with that Falchion of hers.

4. Lilly Satou (Katawa Shoujo): Even though my friends have convinced me that Katawa Shoujo is largely overrated, I still love it. And if there's one girl that managed to got me so involved in the game it still keeps me going even after it's over, it's Lilly. Speaking of Katawa Shoujo, Hanako comes a close second behind Lilly, but Lilly just oh-so-slightly eked her out.

5. Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4):I won't lie, I had to flip a coin between her and Rise for best Social Link. I love a smart character, and her challenge to reconcile her inner conflict of being a woman and her idea that being a detective is more of a "male" thing is something that draws you in to being a character.

Ascend

Mar 14, 2012
So often overlooked but also the waifu to rule them all:

Holo,wise and strong-willed what more could you want?

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
I don't really like the term, seeing as there's a ton of pejorative aspects attached to it in the West. Sedate or moderate Anime watchers tend to end up picturing obsessive fixations on body pillows with Moe eyes and, well - there's freaking *Real Life Girls*, out there. Motoko Kusanagi isn't a "significant other", she's just a character I like following!

If I had to play along, though, and admit that some concepts and characters have triggered a protective streak or a bit of fondness in me, I'd have to name Fawkes from Fallout 3, and Dean Domino from New Vegas' Dead Money expansion.

Fawkes is a bizarrely cultured Super Mutant who really just wants to fit in and who sometimes feels like an overgrown and super-literate five year-old, complete with sudden quotations and general guiltless Berserker-worthy pleasure at blowing shit up. He deserves a hug and a similarly intellectual presence at his side to keep him stimulated, in the hopes that the FEV's progression to Behemoth status won't turn him into another dumb grunt.

As for Dean, he's an Old World crooner with severe trust issues, an unhealthy fixation on an old treasure and heaps of insecurities. His ego needs to be stroked with tweezers if you want him to stick by you without pulling a gun on you at the last second - and he refuses to consider the Courier's potential words of wisdom.

He's damaged, classy as fuck and burnt-out in the kind of glitzy, glamorous way that reminds me of Hollywood's old glories. He's fascinating and I hate having to ignore my own principles to make him happy. I wish you had the option to make him see reason *before* the heist is actually carried through.

May 29, 2011
Zira said:
I must say, the replies I see in this thread give me a good hint that most users here are in the 14-18 age range.
Alternatively only 14-18 year olds reply to a "who's your waifu" thread.

Or people only really have waifus when they're 14-18.

I mean no offense.

Edl01

Apr 11, 2012
Yuno Gasai. Sure she'd kill me if I got within two steps of her, but it'd be worth it! Kind of...

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Use_Imagination_here said:
Zira said:
I must say, the replies I see in this thread give me a good hint that most users here are in the 14-18 age range.
Alternatively only 14-18 year olds reply to a "who's your waifu" thread.

I mean no offense.
Well... I'm 20. And I know a lot of the people who posted here are older than 18. I'd say a lot of people have waifus well into their 20s, especially if they're into anime and video games.

May 29, 2011
Drummodino said:
Use_Imagination_here said:
/quote]Alternatively only 14-18 year olds reply to a "who's your waifu" thread.

I mean no offense.
Well... I'm 20. And I know a lot of the people who posted here are older than 18. I'd say a lot of people have waifus well into their 20s, especially if they're into anime and video games.
Point was that even if the people in this thread are 14-18, that doesn't meant the users here in general are. Not that they're actually 14-18.

A specific question will attract a specific audience. So you shouldn't draw conclusions about the overall clientele of a website based on a thread.

pspman45

Sep 1, 2010
Dirty Cop James funs said:
pspman45 said:
I ain't gay or nothin
but Kanji Tatsumi from Persona 4
I even have a little statue of him and everything. What a fuckin hero.
Must...resist....making....."Are you sayin' I like dudes?!" joke!

IT AIN'T LIKE THAT
HEY WAIT!

cswurt

Oct 26, 2011

Leliana from Dragon Age Origins. Characters rarely stick in my mind for long after I'm done with a game. I enjoy going back to DAO (probably my favorite RPG ever now...) just for her.

Next one for me that popped into my head: Gaige the Mechromancer from Borderlands 2.
I like pep. I guess.

And finally: Sakura Kasugano from Street Fighter. Always my character of choice since her introduction.