Who is Your Waifu?

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Waifu - A fictional character from non-live-action visual media (typically an anime, manga, or video game) that one is attracted to and considers a significant other.

- Wiktionary [http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/waifu]
Many of us who watch anime, play video games etc, often get very attached to certain characters. Sometimes we get so attached, that we start referring to them as "our waifu". Not in an unhealthy way, it's just showing that you really, really adore that character and find them attractive (for one reason or another).

So my question is; who is your waifu and why?

Aigis from Persona 3. Over the course of that game you see her transform from an inhuman machine into a warm, caring and dedicated individual who is willing to do anything to protect her friends. When she finds out she has a sister who is in trouble, she goes all out trying to save and protect them, even though she hadn't even met them before. She is strong, brave and utterly adorable.

[sub][sub]Yes I know she's a robot, no I don't care so shut up! :p[/sub][/sub]

Lilly from Katawa Shoujo. Playing her story... no spoilers, but it was incredible. No game, anime or movie romance had such a profound impact on me. I played her story third (out of five) and I had to leave the game for two weeks just to recover from it.

[hr]

This thread is brought to you by the Escapist United Nations of Pure Fun [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Escapist-United-Nations-of-Pure-Fun]​

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
How old is she? Like 12?
I was playing Pokemon Pearl around that age so it's okay.

At the moment I'm not really sure, not really something I've thought about lately.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
*points to avatar*

I can't say much more without spoiling her story so I'll take this time to promote Ever 17. Play it and found out! Or you can you know, read up on it on Wikipedia or something but that'd be no fun :<

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
TizzytheTormentor said:
I await Teh_Canape and Wykydtron to spread their overflowing love for Lisa Silverman 2.0 Chie Satonaka. I also foresee a party pooper in the near future...
I foresee a lot of Chie love in the near future...

Mitsuru is a fine choice, but she's too intimidating for me.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
The Crestfallen Warrior. It's just embarrassing really, but I want to sit with him forever, where we'll be safe.

In my first DkS playthrough I accidentally aggroed him pre-patch when the cost of absolution was ridiculously high. I was so upset that I had to kill him, and then when he says you did him a favour... Noooo T_T

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom

Yes yes I will Stannis I'm so glad you asked Stannis.

Great pad, romantic type, shapeshifting abilities.

It's a pity they're both straight. Well, the first one was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but still. Throws a wrench into the imagination machine. I can't think of anybody gay.

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
Hibiki (Idol Master) is the cutest thing ever. She's lively, good with kids, loves animals, sings really well (my favourite is Meisou Mind), her voice works with both ballads and pop songs, and in the anime she has this little fang makes her even more darling.

Just to be politically correct, on the manly side, there's Shun Akiyama. A ladies man that respects the ladies, cool yet homely. He's nice but doesn't afraid to break some jaws. A real bro. A man of his words. Good looking with awesome stubble.
His fighting style is super fun to play as. Also, he's an amazing singer, oh and he can dance too.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Drummodino said:
[sub][sub]Two is cheating, unless you are going for the harem protagonist route ... then I have to go all School Days on you. Because I hate the harem genre with all my heart ... and knives. [/sub][/sub]

Okay a good topic for now, although why do I feel that some hate will come onto this thread due to it being about "Waifu", some people on here hate anime.
So hopefully they won't ruin the fun. XD

TizzytheTormentor said:
I await Teh_Canape and Wykydtron to spread their overflowing love for Lisa Silverman 2.0 Chie Satonaka.
Man that is just mean Tizzy, there should be no problem with having Chie as one ... heck I love those type of girls.
Chie is my favorite too in the Persona series, but I wouldn't consider to be "Mai Waifu" status.

... *Sees the Party Pooper Line* ... that isn't me right?

Mine is from a completely different world from Persona, she is from the KEY famous Little Busters game. A good game, fun minigames, a great plot and attachable characters. My waifu is the adorable Kud Noumi from that game (She is 16 I think, so I see no problem with her) and I just found her character to be the cutest I have probably ever seen ... and I became instantly attached to her.

Her route was damn cute too ... especially since it was probably the most romantic route in the game.
Unfortunately it was screwed up by the anime ... so the visual novel is the best way to experience it.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I used to be in love with Reiko Mikami when I was like 10 but I can't think of any recent crushes. Scratch that, I was in love with the entire female cast of Ghost Sweeper Mikami.

Come think of it I also loved Jessica from Dragon Quest VIII.
Bonus points if you see the connection.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
StormShaun said:
[sub][sub]Two is cheating, unless you are going for the harem protagonist route ... then I have to go all School Days on you. Because I hate the harem genre with all my heart ... and knives. [/sub][/sub]
I'd only go one or the other, I'm no two-timing cheater!

[sub][sub]- Note to self, don't discuss harem anime with Storm[/sub][/sub]

Look's like there's going to be a lot of visual novel recommendations in this thread.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
TizzytheTormentor said:
I await Teh_Canape and Wykydtron to spread their overflowing love for Lisa Silverman 2.0 Chie Satonaka. I also foresee a party pooper in the near future...
Ah, but you never expected shrekfan246 to do the same! Haha! My evil plan has worked expertly!

Well, okay, I don't go so far as to consider any character a "waifu" or anything, but yeah. If I did, it would totes be Chie. With an alternative being Tali.

Both were just way too adorable to resist.

Kurisu Makise from Steins;Gate was a pretty great tsundere as well.

Kitsune Hunter

What a beautiful Duwang!
Dec 18, 2011
Right now it's Komugi from Hunter X Hunter

She's just so sweet and adorable that you just want to give her a hug, so much so that even Meruem, the Chimera Ant King, despite being so cold and cruel, is the only human he cares about and he just can't bring himself to kill her

StormShaun

Feb 1, 2009
Drummodino said:
I'd only go one or the other, I'm no two-timing cheater!

[sub][sub]- Note to self, don't discuss harem anime with Storm[/sub][/sub]

Look's like there's going to be a lot of visual novel recommendations in this thread.
I can see a couple already, with my Little Buster recommendation I already see a Ever 17 one ... never played that one. I could never play games with multiple protagonists, I like to get attached to only one. :/

And with harem anime, everyone in my anime club knows that I hate it to the max.
There is no romantic development (Bad considering romance is my favorite genre) and I wish I could tell my self in the past to never ever watch To Love Ru and other shows with the harem genre in it.

Mostly my reaction to whoever even suggests a harem anime is ...

So yeah, if anyone wants to keep their head, I suggest not to bring it up. XD

Anyway, "Mai Waifu" ... she is also half Russian (Speaks it too), wear an adorable hat and a cloak.
No one can beat that.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
StormShaun said:
Anyway, "Mai Waifu" ... she is also half Russian (Speaks it too), wear an adorable hat and a cloak.
No one can beat that.
She looks pretty adorable. I really have got to play some Key games sometime, I've heard many good things about Kanon, Clannad etc.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Can't say I'm fond of wafer. I'd rather have hard candy, like jolly ranchers or something.

...oh. Waifu. Well shit, this is awkward.

StormShaun

Feb 1, 2009
Drummodino said:
She looks pretty adorable. I really have got to play some Key games sometime, I've heard many good things about Kanon, Clannad etc.
Clannad and Little Busters are on both of my top lists.
Clannad is my all time favorite anime (If you look at my avatar that is the protagonist ... just without the lightning, because that is the Escapist's Avatar Adventure Tomoya) and Little Busters is my all time favorite Visual Novel.

I recommend the two greatly, other KEY stuff is great too but it can't stand up to these giants.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
I really, really don't like the term "waifu", but that's just my own pet peeve.

Anyways, for me, Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru:

I have a thing for fun, funny, quirky, passionate, yet clumsy anime girls who are also very talented. She's a lot of fun to watch and root for, and I love a character who can immediately get back up after a hard fall. I can't help but admire her for her innocent naivety yet strong and passionate attitude towards the thing she loves doing, even if it's nothing no one else cares about.

[sub]And she's incredibly pretty, too.[/sub]

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
StormShaun said:
Oi, what's the meaning of this? D:<
Oh well, a wise friend of mine once said that everyone gets their own version of their waifu.
So yeah, Kudryavka Noumi is my waifu.

Ignore the one on the right :p