Who ISN'T looking forward to another Elder Scrolls game?

rockyoumonkeys

Aug 31, 2010
I wasn't until it was announced it won't be the same old engine.

Now I'm excited again. I didn't fully appreciate Oblivion (I'm going to be playing it again before ES5 comes out), so I wasn't anticipating it as much as I was FalloutNV, but I'm kind of reaching that point.

New York Patrick

Jul 29, 2009
David Bray said:
New York Patrick said:
David Bray said:
Morrowind was beautiful. Oblivion was bullshit.

I'm really pumped for Skyrim because it looks to make you actually matter as a person...unless you're just going to be the Dragon Born's clerk. They might pull that.
Especially since the Dragonborn is likely going to be the next Tiber Septim or something, based on consistancy of nicknames...
Possibly, but Septims are Imperials, and this is evidently a nord tale like morrowind was a dunmer. I hope it's completely removed so i don't feel old wounds from Oblivion.
True... but according to Lore, Tiber Septim was born a Nord, and essentially founded the offshoot Imperial race as it exists today. So maybe is reincarnation is destined to strengthen the crumbling empire by bringing it back to its roots...

maturin

Jul 20, 2010
Tiber Septim pretended to be the Nordiest Nord of them all, but he was born in High Rock. His charade was vastly helped by the fact that a reincarnation of King Wilfharth was going around pretending to be him and blowing down castles with his voice.

Imperials are only a race because there is an empire. They're a mongrelly mix of Nords and dozens of indigenous tribes enslaved by the Ayleids, and there are still a lot of regional differences in the Third Era.

Although none of that is visible in the Fischer Price fantasyworld that is TES IV.

vgmaster831

Jack of No Trades
Dec 15, 2010
Yes, I am absolutely ecstatic. Perhaps I'm too young in the gaming world to understand what "good" games are, but I thought Oblivion was extremely amazing. I've never even modded it or anything. I'm in the process of playing Morrowind, but since I grew up pampered with mice graphics, I'm having trouble getting immersed. Plus, games don't work so well on my computer. I am definitely looking forward to this, and I think the people complaining about Oblivion are being really nit-picky.