Who Picks The Moderators?

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
I have been wondering (and have searched) as to who actually picks the moderators for this website. No cheek intended but I would like to know who or how the are picked. If you know please tell. If a moderator themselves would share with us this knowledge that would be great.

TheHorizon

Dec 17, 2008
I assume it would be the administrator/webmaster.

EDIT: Generally speaking if you are a dedicated member to a forum, with high quality posting and very few (preferably none) "bad marks" in time you would be a very likely candidate for modship.

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
God himself comes down form the heavens and grants these people these powers, they are then found by the Escapist and trained in every kind of interweb combat.

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
needausername said:
They are employed by The Escapist, I suppose you would have to apply.
Well seeing as the mods tend to be members of the community before they become mods, I think the position is offered to them. I know Alex wasn't always a mod, and from what I can gather from old threads neither was Nil. I would guess They were offered the position by being well behaved members of the community, I could be wrong though, you'd have to ask them.

Nomad

Dire Penguin
Aug 3, 2008
APPCRASH said:
Secret tribunal beneath D.C.
That's what they want you to think. The mole people are just a facade. In reality, it's lizardmen from Alpha Centauri.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
black lincon said:
needausername said:
Well seeing as the mods tend to be members of the community before they become mods, I think the position is offered to them. I know Alex wasn't always a mod, and from what I can gather from old threads neither was Nil. I would guess They were offered the position by being well behaved members of the community, I could be wrong though, you'd have to ask them.
I think you need a clean slate and to ask at least, because Alex replaced Nil, who is now doings something else (can't remember what).

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
Moderatorball. Two hopeful mods-to-be enter one leaves, then later the other one leaves.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
needausername said:
black lincon said:
needausername said:
I think you need a clean slate and to ask at least, because Alex replaced Nil, who is now doings something else (can't remember what).
Nil is gone? Where have I been all this time? Last I've seen of him is from his demotivator thread.

Guitar Gamer

Apr 12, 2009
Nomadic said:
APPCRASH said:
Secret tribunal beneath D.C.
That's what they want you to think. The mole people are just a facade. In reality, it's lizardmen from Alpha Centauri.
OF COURSE!! that makes so much more sense than the mole people one! now it all fits together!

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
Syntax Error said:
needausername said:
black lincon said:
needausername said:
Nil is gone? Where have I been all this time? Last I've seen of him is from his demotivator thread.
That was my thought, I thought they hired Alex because the site was growing and two mods couldn't handle it.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Syntax Error said:
needausername said:
black lincon said:
needausername said:
Na he ain't gone he has just got another title now.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
needausername said:
Syntax Error said:
quote wall
Oh I see. It just amazes me that this site is pretty much self-moderating. There's only an x number of mods here (x, because I don't want to mention the number in fear of jinxing it) but the forums are well-regulated.

ElephantGuts said:
God. It's divine right. This is what gives them their absolute power and Godliness.
Thus, they are the ones who will lock threads whenever the existence of God is questioned. Because, face it, it will boil down into a flame war eventually. Nip it in the bud, I say.

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
Syntax Error said:
needausername said:
Syntax Error said:
quote wall
Oh I see. It just amazes me that this site is pretty much self-moderating. There's only an x number of mods here (x, because I don't want to mention the number in fear of jinxing it) but the forums are well-regulated.

ElephantGuts said:
God. It's divine right. This is what gives them their absolute power and Godliness.
Thus, they are the ones who will lock threads whenever the existence of God is questioned. Because, face it, it will boil down into a flame war eventually. Nip it in the bud, I say.
Exactly. They are living proof of God's existence. No discussion necessary.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
IceNine the Section Editior, Virgil the IT chief-of-amazing and maybe Archon.
Don't ask if you want to be because they choose you, and offering yourself up for validation probably won't curry favor for choice.