Dorian6

Apr 3, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
Dorian6 said:
hazabaza1 said:
Dorian6 said:
hazabaza1 said:
Just watched an episode.
I just realised what I really hate about it. They always seem to act like if the game industry does whatever they say the world will be saved and everything will be happy and good. It annoys me.
Yes, it's called having an opinion.
An incredibly pretentious and self praising opinion.
They have some good points, yes, but they need to stop saying "Once this happens, we'll be seeing a lot of better stuff!" because we probably wouldn't.
Right, because why would they have any ideas about how to improve the medium? Because they work in it? Pfft.

Why should we bother trying to make it better? We'll probably fail anyway.
Fuck it, I can't be bothered to start an argument with some sarcastic dick today.
EXTRA CREDATZ AER GRAET AND WE SHUD LISSEN TO DEM EVEN THO IF EVRYWUN FOLLOWED DERE IDEES GAEMS WULD PORBABLY SEEL A LORT LESS ADN HURT DE INDESTRY. DEY AM FANTASTAC.

Happy?
I appreciate you taking the time to tell me that you give up.

I accept your surrender and your apology. I will allow you to retain your honor

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
Still watching every week. EC has always been entertaining food-for-thought to me, so I kept on watching after it moved.

Deimateos

Apr 25, 2009
BlueberryMUNCH said:
I feel kind left out due to the fact that I never actually watched it in the first place.
Hmm.
The nice thing is, their videos are single-issue based, so you can pick up anywhere you like :)

WarpZone

Mar 9, 2008
Yep, I'm still watching it. I was actually disappointed when I found out that The Escapist had dropped them, since they were the only thing on The Escapist that was really aimed at developers. For a website that tries so danged hard to be The Voice Of Gaming, it feels like they're throwing away their deeper content.

I mean, I'll admit, Zero Punctuation was the only reason I came to this website in the first place for like an entire year, and I was thrilled when Miracle of Sound came along and started making songs that were actually about the games themselves instead of some emotional chick's personal feelings about her one isolated gameplay experience, but there comes a point where you have to wonder if they're catering TOO much to the lowest common denominator. Now that Extra Credits is gone, where does it end? What content are they gonna cut next, for being too niche or not marketable enough or whatever? Are we gonna lose Moviebob next? LRR? The Jimquisition?

The answer, of course is no, we're not going to lose those things. We're just going to *get* them from whatever other website they move on to next. But, rhetorically, how much of The Escapist's deeper content can they afford to discard while maintaining any of the credibility or brand recognition they have worked so hard to build up to this point?

Oh, wait, I'm talking about businesses compromising their fundamentals. We must be in a recession or something.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Of course I still watch it. They upload a little announcement video on Youtube whenever a new video is posted and I check Youtube every day, so I don't even have to change my internet habits by taking the time to check Penny Arcade every week. But even if it would pose an inconvenience to keep watching, I'd still do it. The kind of insightful commentary they provide doesn't come often, so I'll follow it wherever it goes.

Ell Jay

Jun 3, 2009
I actually tried to watch for the first time yesterday. I couldn't stand the droning high-pitched narration.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Personally, I forgot about it for quite some time, then remembered and caught up when I had some time to kill. I thought the CoJ: Cartel episode was interesting. First time I'd heard Daniel sound clearly enraged.

Edit:

Daniel Floyd said:
Big thanks to everyone who still keeps up with us! I know it's been kinda turbulent with all the moving around and such, so thanks for bearing with us. It means a lot. :)
I think it's pretty nice that you still frequent the forums, after all that turbulence.